huddles

ickeyshuffler

a guy asked why it seems so slow on the huddles lately, and i posted that i left there because of over moderation. and not 5 minutes later my post was deleted by the moderators.

[url="http://65.38.186.21/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=45790"]huddles over moderation example[/url]

yikes...

it also doesnt seem that many new people are welcomed over there, if you dont know the person posting you dont respond, i have posted many times over there, and was just ignored, and 2 pages later someone would says the same thing, and get a bunch of "i agree man, " and" totally" some boards have been around so long they have thier net group of veterans and everyone else gets treated like garbage cause they have less than 1500 posts or havent been thre for 3 years, i try to insure post count has no clout here, and i tend to not put up with someone bashing a new guys info because his first post was something out of the ordinary, .. there are hundreds if not thoursdsn of people with new, more, differnet, or inside information than i or you have, and to be honest we only have 625-ish posters here, at some point, someone who knows more than you is going to sign up, and they are going to own you infront of everyone, and you wont be hiding behind your post whore count, or because your internet-buddies with the moderator, oldschooler has been around forever, day 1 guy, he is a cool ass dude, stuck in TN, hell of a fan, etc, but i dont delete someones posts bashing him or his opinions, he battles it out like everyone else, i spent a ton of time watching bengals football, and i work and have a family, so i dont have ANY time to watch any other football, college, other pro games, etc, so tons of people have better insight to other players, other teams, coaches, everything, ..i own this place and everyone argues with me, with no threat of being deleted or banned, or moderated, its a fucking football message board, ..people need to get a grip.

Guest steggyD

[quote name='GoBengals' date='Sep 4 2005, 10:04 PM']yikes...

it also doesnt seem that many new people are welcomed over there, if you dont know the person posting you dont respond, i have posted many times over there, and was just ignored, and 2 pages later someone would says the same thing, and get a bunch of "i agree man, " and" totally" some boards have been around so long they have thier net group of veterans and everyone else gets treated like garbage cause they have less than 1500 posts or havent been thre for 3 years, i try to insure post count has no clout here, and i tend to not put up with someone bashing a new guys info because his first post was something out of the ordinary, .. there are hundreds if not thoursdsn of people with new, more, differnet, or inside information than i or you have, and to be honest we only have 625-ish posters here, at some point, someone who knows more than you is going to sign up, and they are going to own you infront of everyone, and you wont be hiding behind your post whore count, or because your internet-buddies with the moderator, oldschooler has been around forever, day 1 guy, he is a cool ass dude, stuck in TN, hell of a fan, etc, but i dont delete someones posts bashing him or his opinions, he battles it out like everyone else, i spent a ton of time watching bengals football, and i work and have a family, so i dont have ANY time to watch any other football, college, other pro games, etc, so tons of people have better insight to other players, other teams, coaches, everything, ..i own this place and everyone argues with me, with no threat of being deleted or banned, or moderated, its a fucking football message board, ..people need to get a grip.
[right][post="142369"][/post][/right][/quote]
I disagree. You're full of shit.

:ninja:
[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//3.gif[/img]

Please, I'm kidding, seriously.

Guest BengalBacker

As long as we don't talk about how smart Krenzel is, right?

I'm not saying he's smart though..... [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//42.gif[/img]

:ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

Guest oldschooler

[quote name='GoBengals' date='Sep 4 2005, 08:04 PM']oldschooler has been around forever, day 1 guy, he is a cool ass dude, stuck in TN, hell of a fan, etc, but i dont delete someones posts bashing him or his opinions, he battles it out like everyone else,
[right][post="142369"][/post][/right][/quote]

Well I`m touched that you think that highly of me Go. :wub:

LOL

No but really...I was just kidding when I said something
about having my back the other day.

I know I deserve some of the shit I get because of all
the shit I sling... [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//15.gif[/img]

I have never been to the Huddles board so I can`t really comment.
Over Moderation is worse than no Moderation IMO.

I have only been to 4 message boards (if you count Newbengals [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//40.gif[/img] ).
The other message board I go to is Bengalszone...I have go-bengals.com
alumni in my title there ...always trying to pimp this site.
But this site is "home" to me and I mention it almost everytime I post.

By the way...did you see the Budlight salute I gave you in the other thread ?

If not here it is...hope you like it...it took me 30 seconds to type it. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//18.gif[/img]

[url="http://forum.go-bengals.com/index.php?showtopic=8419&pid=142040&st=0&#entry142040"]http://forum.go-bengals.com/index.php?show...=0entry142040[/url]

:headbang:

Guest oldschooler

[quote name='Dan_Bengals_NJ' date='Sep 4 2005, 08:37 PM']Suck up  :P
[right][post="142412"][/post][/right][/quote]

Hey it might keep ME from getting banned sometime... :P

Guest oldschooler
JT`s board was the first board I had ever been to.
I went to NewBengals when JT`s went down. (not bragging)
And I go to Bengalszone sometimes...I don`t post there much.
I only have a few hundred post there and most of them were
in the offseason and around draft time.

I haven`t ever even checked out the huddles board...

Not bashing any other websites but I didn't enjoy anything about the Huddles board...colors are dark, shabby and make text kinda hard to read, the attitudes Go described in his post exist in spades....there is no reason to go anywhere but here, IMHO...many other fan boards for other teams I like are garbage or filled to the gills with pop-ups, difficult registration, over-moderation, etc, etc....
Go-Bengals.com is Big Pimpin'......

teh huddles is a huge community, i envy the size of the whole mass forum scene there, makes for each game week bashing of other fans, bengalzone is a cool place, but i got similar responses there, as in none, but by the time i found bengalzone i had started this place and didnt have much time to dabble in other sites, i love cincybengals,com they have a bunch of cool features, nice board, good group of people run it, they atelast have some warning before moderation, instead of deleting stuff and ignroring you thereafter or just banning you from the start., the main thing i dislike elsewhere, which others mentioned, is the black background with orange text, that makes my whole head hurt at once trying to read that shit, espeically at night, luckily i had a message board geek 13 yr old suggest the dark grey isntead of black.. and ive loved it ever since..

there is a new skin coming, this one will stay, giving three skin options(original default, this one, new one) so you can pick your own poison...

Guest mongoloido
[quote name='oldschooler' date='Sep 4 2005, 11:36 PM']JT`s board was the first board I had ever been to.
I went to NewBengals when JT`s went down...[/quote]

Think that's the path I followed too. Was NewBengals the one with that "TheAuthority" goofball posting? Whatever forum that was, it was motivation to continue searching for a Bengals home.

Guest BengalsOwn

I have several hundred posts at the huddles, but I still get ignored most of the time.

There have been several times when I thought that maybe I was on global ignore :)

Guest oldschooler
[quote name='mongoloido' date='Sep 4 2005, 11:23 PM']Think that's the path I followed too. Was NewBengals the one with that "TheAuthority" goofball posting? Whatever forum that was, it was motivation to continue searching for a Bengals home.
[right][post="142528"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Yeah it was ...and it was beyond torture.

Hard to believe that he even thought about CHARGING
people for that shit...

[quote name='mongoloido' date='Sep 5 2005, 12:23 AM']Think that's the path I followed too. Was NewBengals the one with that "TheAuthority" goofball posting? Whatever forum that was, it was motivation to continue searching for a Bengals home.
[right][post="142528"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

There is another website with "The Authority" on cincybengals.com.

It's not a bad site. I go read there on occasion and sometimes post.

It is definitely NOT the NewBengals site. I tried to help that guy and he ragged on me bigtime.

Guest John Stofa
I'm basically an internet virgin. I started out at Huddles -- first Bengals site I heard about -- a month or so ago and haven't had any problems there. I haven't been around long enough to be a part of any cliques, but I did feel welcomed there nonetheless. In the past few days I've added GoBengals and Bengalszone to my list of favorites. Each are different, but I personally like all three. Huddles seems to have more traffic -- but has more negative posters too -- while GoBengals has more options and more relaxed moderation, and Bengalszone has some really cool features too. I hope I never have to choose one over the other because I'm not sure I could. I just appreciate the folks who make sites like these available. Kudos to whoever is responsible for creating and maintaining this one.

Archived