Corey Dillon sounds off...

3 hours ago, Homer_Rice said:

I have very fond memories of Paul Robinson. My favorite Bengal from the early days. He was not controversial IIRC. Loved Essex Johnson, too.

Solid backs both.

Add Pete Johnson to that as well..

Still the  all-time TD leader for the team

10 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

Yes, Dillon was the best player on those teams.  He did have a pretty damned good OL in front of him that he never gives any credit to.  The guy is a jackass.  Always has been.  He reaps what he has sown. 

100%

Maybe Corey is misunderstood. He was frustrated because he was stuck on an amateur pro football team. The pre-Marvin Lewis Bengals were awful, mainly Mike Brown's fault. From 1992-2002 the Bengals were one of the worst pro sports franchises in the world, mainly because of Mike Brown's decisions. 

Dillon was one of the best RBs of his era and he was angry for a lot of reasons that had nothing to do with football, dude had/has more issues than Reader's Digest...however, he's not wrong to be pissed about his tenure in Cincy though as he never had the two things he needed...decent HC & QB. If the Bengals could have had a semi-competent QB and HC they would have been a legit team. 

They had better-than-average offensive line play and WRs, enough to demand a 7 man box if you have a decent QB and competent HC to keep defenses honest. Dillon was an absolute beast, he went to NE and was a good soldier. He set a franchise record and won the Super Bowl when he had above-average QB play and coaching, so he clearly was being held back here by ownership and he knew it. 

50 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

Maybe Corey is misunderstood. He was frustrated because he was stuck on an amateur pro football team. The pre-Marvin Lewis Bengals were awful, mainly Mike Brown's fault. From 1992-2002 the Bengals were one of the worst pro sports franchises in the world, mainly because of Mike Brown's decisions. 

Dillon was one of the best RBs of his era and he was angry for a lot of reasons that had nothing to do with football, dude had/has more issues than Reader's Digest...however, he's not wrong to be pissed about his tenure in Cincy though as he never had the two things he needed...decent HC & QB. If the Bengals could have had a semi-competent QB and HC they would have been a legit team. 

They had better-than-average offensive line play and WRs, enough to demand a 7 man box if you have a decent QB and competent HC to keep defenses honest. Dillon was an absolute beast, he went to NE and was a good soldier. He set a franchise record and won the Super Bowl when he had above-average QB play and coaching, so he clearly was being held back here by ownership and he knew it. 

Im just a soul whos intentions are good

Oh Lord please dont let me be misunderstood. .😎

i am fine with him wanting out, now he wants back in? 

he may have been a great RB,

but have we  honored a person that was less deserving then him already? 

Dillon and his whining punk ass, can wait his turn. 

Paul Brown,

quarterback Ken Anderson,

cornerback Ken Riley,

offensive tackle Anthony Muñoz,

wide receiver Isaac Curtis

and offensive tackle Willie Anderson.

maybe he is one of the best rbs we had

i dont see any rbs in there.

so whats he whining about?  

Was/is Corey an ass?  Yes.  Not going to argue that point, but he will get my vote, I will Honor what he did for the team.  He is one of the few examples to me where the players attitude did not hinder the team.  If you are wrapped up in your feelings about his words and antics, I understand.  HOWEVER, on those crap teams he did not need to, albeit begrudgingly, put those teams on his back and truck.  He didn't phone it in like he could have.  Nasty attitude?  Yes, but he also put in the work for the team.  I will not be ungrateful and try to deny him because I am mad he is bitter.

If asked, no this is not the same as Palmer, he quit after injury.  Corey did not.

does he deserve at least consideration . hell yes,, if we stuck a RB in there that wasnt close to his stats, i can see him speaking out.  BUT to be clear he is not in the top 6 players or people the team needed to honor before him.  get in line , wait your turn , imo he isnt in the top 10. but honestly this is a team sport, if it was based solely on stats and not towards those that deserved recognition for what they did for the team he might have cause to bitch once we get 10-15 people in there . 

Archived