Week 1 - Browns(stains) - News and Observations

Injury Alert: Browns CB Denzel Ward returns to practice; on pace to play vs. Bengals

Cory Kinnan
Wed, Sep 6, 2023, 11:26 AM CDT·1 min read

6f60b6e022e3424e37476afff9ae51a7

The Cleveland Browns are now just a few days away from their season-opening matchup against their divisional foes, the Cincinnati Bengals. And as they head to the practice field on Wednesday in preparation, the team is getting a massive boost as cornerback Denzel Ward is heading back to the practice field. This presumes that he has cleared the concussion protocol and will be available to face off against the talented trio of Cincinnati receivers.

The Browns and Bengals have developed quite a rivalry between the Cleveland secondary and Cincinnati receivers. Each side has taken their turns speaking to the media about the anticipation of these matchups, and both sides now enter another bout at full health.

Look for Ward and Greg Newsome II to rotate in and out of the slot, to move all over the field, and to be up to the challenge in this game. Martin Emerson Jr. compliments the unit extraordinarily well when they play in nickel looks as well, as he then comes on as the second outside cornerback.

The Browns need Ward healthy after suffering his fourth concussion. In a season with Super Bowl aspirations, they get their first test right off the bat.

https://sports.yahoo.com/injury-alert-browns-cb-denzel-162621307.html?src=rss

7 minutes ago, Mikeslumina said:

I was listening to lapham interview Peter king. Lap said joe was told to just stay in pocket. With sleeve on calf they told joe stay in pocket he then pulled calf running outside pocket. 
just interesting I had not heard that. 

Just hope there is a pocket to stay in.

I am  listening to joe’s presser. He ain’t playing if it’s me. Tight days and then good days. Shut it down get it right so we have him going forward like chase had said. 

In old days Favre played with broken thumb .lott cut his finger off to play. I can see he wants to play but I think they will shut him down.  

he also said Brady been helping him now that he is retired. It was pretty interesting because he sad really helped