*** [RD 6] Bengals Select ~ TANNER MCLACHLAN, TE ***

2 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

He makes it by playing better than some others. Why don’t we wait for camp and all find out? 

Being drafted into a very average TE room should help those chances. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

Being drafted into a very average TE room should help those chances. 

It may be only an average TE room by overall NFL standards, but it has the potential to be the best Bengals TE room in decades. And certainly the best of the Zac Taylor era. In an interview after taking ALL in the 4th  OC Dan Pitcher said that TE position coach James Casey (standing just off-camera, I think) was "giddy" with excitement. It wasn't just getting the mid draft TE he wanted, it was likely that a TE was getting drafted at all after a 4 year drought. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, dex said:

It may be only an average TE room by overall NFL standards, but it has the potential to be the best Bengals TE room in decades. And certainly the best of the Zac Taylor era. In an interview after taking ALL in the 4th  OC Dan Pitcher said that TE position coach James Casey (standing just off-camera, I think) was "giddy" with excitement. It wasn't just getting the mid draft TE he wanted, it was likely that a TE was getting drafted at all after a 4 year drought. 

Oh I meant average pre-draft.  It's been a rotation of guy-who-blocks-kinda-ok & a parade of one-year rentals that split for the bag elsewhere if they do well or, like last year, simply flop.

Gesicki might be better than the last 3-4 guys they've rotated through but these draft picks are still a big increase in the overall talent level.

• Upvote 1