Burrow's First Press Conference (2024 Offseason)

• BlackJesus changed the title to Burrow's First Press Conference (2024 Offseason)
36 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

I like the idea of 18 regular season games and 2 bye weeks ...

I believe Goodell has stated he wants the Super Bowl to be played on Presidents Day Weekend. I'm not sure if the two byes would make that possible but we're talking five months of football. Also, you solve the issue of the Super Bowl being played on a Sunday because now Monday is a built in holiday

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Griever said:

I believe Goodell has stated he wants the Super Bowl to be played on Presidents Day Weekend. I'm not sure if the two byes would make that possible but we're talking five months of football. Also, you solve the issue of the Super Bowl being played on a Sunday because now Monday is a built in holiday

The more they add the less each individual game matters, but I doubt that's factored into their infinite, exponential growth chart.

More games = More money, EZ 👏

Are you ready for some football!?!?  At midnight on the east coast?! On a Thursday?!!

What do you mean "no" ?!!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQu88Ce0MhNZjiQMFjikwZ

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

More games = More money, EZ 

It's about monopolizing eyeballs which equals revenue. 💰 

Soon we will have Sun night, Mon night, Tues night, Thurs night and Fri night NFL football I predict. 

They know there is enough demand for it and that it would beat out almost anything else on tv on any night of the week. 

4 hours ago, T-Dub said:

In the not-too-distant future:

NFL Proposes Adding 2 More Weeks to Calendar for 54 Game Season

If they could do triple-headers on a Wednesday morning beginning at 3am, it would already be in the pipeline. 

I am totally convinced the NFL no longer needs actual human eyeballs watching or breathing life forms in the stadiums. So long as BetFred or Draft Kings keeps the wagering lucre flowing, they can probably have AI perform all of the other functions. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

It's about monopolizing eyeballs which equals revenue. 💰 

Soon we will have Sun night, Mon night, Tues night, Thurs night and Fri night NFL football I predict. 

They know there is enough demand for it and that it would beat out almost anything else on tv on any night of the week. 

I don't watch TNF unless the Bengals are playing or maybe (god forbid) a late season game with playoff implications.  (or thanksgiving)

2 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

So long as BetFred or Draft Kings keeps the wagering lucre flowing, they can probably have AI perform all of the other functions. 

Have to assume it's this rather than a worldwide audience that can't wait to stream a week 4 Raiders vs Saints game off Amazon Prime.

• Upvote 1

NFL is willing to play deeper into winter but not start earlier in summer. I think they kicked off the season before Labor day a few times but the ratings weren't very good so they've vowed not to do it again. Converting preseason game 3 to a regular season game will move them earlier so the revenue gains may not be as much as they hope, especially if they start even earlier to add a second bye week.