Official BENGALS vs. Texans Thread!!!

[quote name='natifanatic' date='Oct 2 2005, 04:07 PM']The game still should have ended 26-10, we killed ourselves with penalties in the redzone.  Lewis is probably chewing some ass in the locker room, this game was not good.
[right][post="161666"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Lewis really needs to chew there asses out this week.

Guest BlackJesus
[i][b]As for controversy, hey we didn't make the call....... you can't blame the Bengals for that....

if anything bad calls for the texans was what made it close to begin with[/b][/i]

Guest BengalBacker
On the "bad" call. Remember, we were still up by 3 and they were a long way from FG range. They can't say it cost them the game. They were going to lose anyway.

[quote name='BengalSIS' date='Oct 2 2005, 04:13 PM']I'm gonna hafta not eat until after the game if we keep playin like this.  That last FG just about killed me. 

If you think YOU were nervous...try being related to the damn kicker...

HOLY SHIT...I'm still nausious
[right][post="161684"][/post][/right][/quote]
I bet! :huh:

[quote name='BengalSIS' date='Oct 2 2005, 05:13 PM']I'm gonna hafta not eat until after the game if we keep playin like this.  That last FG just about killed me. 

If you think YOU were nervous...try being related to the damn kicker...

HOLY SHIT...I'm still nauseous
[right][post="161684"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
I can only imagine the butterflies in Shayne's stomach. Top notch.

[quote name='BlackJesus' date='Oct 2 2005, 04:10 PM'][b]Oh yeah.... and this was why I usually don't play spreads.....  <_< [/b]
[right][post="161677"][/post][/right][/quote]
Sorry you didn't make the spread, but chin up! We won a game because of the defense!

Our offense did jsut enough to win the game, and the defense sealed it for us. THis is the way that we have to beat teams like Jacksonville, Pittsburgh, and Baltimore, with defense and big plays.

And we have to clean up the penalties!! As someone said earlier in this thread, this team has grown some hair on their nuts with this win.

To pull out a close game like this is big. Just another step that needed to be taken. People will say it was just HOU, but we won without our starting C, our backup C, our starting LG moved to C and our backup T played LG, our starting SS was out, we got ticky tack penalties called against us all game...and we still won!

PS. Poor TJ...2 TDs in 2 wks, both called back with penalties.

All the best teams have some close calls. Games like this build character and I think it will be a blessing in disguise when the Bengals visit Jax next Sunday.

Shayne hitting that 46-yarder is HUGE for him and the team. We may need one of those to win next week. Or we may win by 20.

BENGAL SIS -- can you kick, too? I think Philly is looking for help.

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='Oct 2 2005, 04:13 PM']That should have never been that close, Ill take it with the injuries to the line and Madieu but that was scarry.
[right][post="161683"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
Exactly Jamie. The penalties basically kept Houston in the game. I've believed from the get go that the Texans weren't as bad as they've been playing, but the stupid mistakes on our part made it MUCH closer that it had to be. We've now won two games with an enormous penalty total, which is almost unheard of. That's a sign of something special, although, it isn't going to fly against teams like the Steelers, Colts, and even the Ravens, so hopefully today was a wake up call in terms of discipline. Also, I hope Bluto is ready to go next week.

[quote name='BengalSIS' date='Oct 2 2005, 04:33 PM']I can't believe they keep dissing our uniforms...damn.  I like them!
[right][post="161707"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
THey can't say anything about the team since we pulled out a win in a slugfest. I could give two shits about what the think about our uni's.

Guest Gonzoid
Fucking awful game. Bengals need to cut out all of those damn penalties.

I'll take the win but it's going to be hard to crow about being 4-0 when the offensive line can't find a cure for their premature ejaculation.

Archived