Si.com New mock draft

24 TE Marcedes Lewis UCLA Sr. 6-6 255
The Sam Adams signing addressed the Bengals' need at defensive tackle, at least in the short term. And safety got some help when Dexter Jackson was acquired. That leaves the Bengals in good shape to pick between tight ends Lewis and Georgia's Leonard Pope.

[url="http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/don_banks/04/04/mock.draft4.part1/index.html"]http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writ...art1/index.html[/url]

Junk! There is one TE that really stands out {V Davis} Then there are 5 TE with all similar ability one blocks a little better, one catches a little better and so on. I would hate taking a TE in the 1st when one with the near same ability can be taken in the 2nd or 3rd.
My 2 cents.

[quote name='Kochman' post='243571' date='Apr 4 2006, 05:04 PM']Junk! There is one TE that really stands out {V Davis} Then there are 5 TE with all similar ability one blocks a little better, one catches a little better and so on. I would hate taking a TE in the 1st when one with the near same ability can be taken in the 2nd or 3rd.
My 2 cents.[/quote]
I agree wholeheartedly with that statement.

Guest Johnsons4Life
[quote name='Kochman' post='243571' date='Apr 4 2006, 04:04 PM']Junk! There is one TE that really stands out {V Davis} Then there are 5 TE with all similar ability one blocks a little better, one catches a little better and so on. I would hate taking a TE in the 1st when one with the near same ability can be taken in the 2nd or 3rd.
My 2 cents.[/quote]

I agree. We need to go defense with pick 1 and 2. At least one for sure. 2nd I could live with a TE because there are many solid TE's out there. However the defense playermakers will go quick in round 1. Dont want to miss out on Bunk or Jimmy Williams or somebody like that. One defensive guy will fall to us that is rated high. It happens with every draft.

[quote name='BigDawgBengal' post='243566' date='Apr 4 2006, 04:59 PM']24 TE Marcedes Lewis UCLA Sr. 6-6 255
The Sam Adams signing addressed the Bengals' need at defensive tackle, at least in the short term. And safety got some help when Dexter Jackson was acquired. That leaves the Bengals in good shape to pick between tight ends Lewis and Georgia's Leonard Pope.

[url="http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/don_banks/04/04/mock.draft4.part1/index.html"]http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writ...art1/index.html[/url][/quote]

That would be why SI isn't the 'place to go' for a perspective on the NFL.

Horrible.

BZ

Guest IndianaBengal
get another fuckin dt. don't waste the 1st pick on the offense.. I'll have to go a-wall and do some bad stuff if this happens....

[quote name='IndianaBengal' post='243649' date='Apr 4 2006, 07:14 PM']get another fuckin dt. don't waste the 1st pick on the offense.. I'll have to go a-wall and do some bad stuff if this happens....[/quote]

There are only 2 DTs worth the 1st round and they will both be gone by 24.

Great Pick........ for round 2 or 3. No way round 1.

Honestly, I would love to grab Pope or Lewis in round 2..... Move up and grab one of them, i just don't think they will last.

My thoughts are that we have so much talent that we can afford to give up some picks and get better talent in the earlier picks.

Guest Claptonrocks
Everyone speculates on who might draft who.. When all said and done only the top 4 or 5 will be drafted where most think they'll be..
Outside of that you guess is aa good as anyone's.....

Guest Patmo
IMO,we'll draft a DE in the first rd.My guess is Manny Lawson,DE,NC State.

2nd I hope is another Safety...Bullocks

3rd should be a TE(I think that we can get through another season with existing TE's) BUT i think it might be A DT DVORECK(SP).

Archived