How Long Will it Last?

Jason

Will the Reds Remain Competitive?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. How long will the Reds stay in the hunt?

• They will have a June Swoon
    • Until the All Star Break
    • The Dog Days
    • They will stay in the hunt but won't make the playoffs
    • They Make the playoffs but not the WS
    • Lose the World Series
    • World Champions Baby!

theyll have to prove things to me all season for me to truly believe. i'm trying to stay realistic and not get my hopes up too much. im saying all start break as of right now... just becasue i havent seen enough yet. we are palying some great baseball and i hope it stays that way.

Guest WhoDeyForever

[img]http://sportslogos.net/images/teams/thumbs/484.gif[/img]

Reds vs White Sox in 06 World Series...Reds win in 6 games!!!! :2rave: :2rave: :2rave: :2rave:

Guest CrazyIrishman5

[quote name='WhoDeyForever' post='262276' date='May 2 2006, 07:07 PM'][img]http://sportslogos.net/images/teams/thumbs/484.gif[/img]
Reds vs White Sox in 06 World Series...Reds win in 6 games!!!! :2rave: :2rave: :2rave: :2rave:[/quote]
I think if they add another good SP and not hurt there major league roster with the trade. They can go all the way because they lineup can hit with anyone.

[quote name='CrazyIrishman5' post='262290' date='May 2 2006, 07:29 PM']I think if they add another good SP and not hurt there major league roster with the trade. They can go all the way because they lineup can hit with anyone.[/quote]
I agree. One more pitcher or some major bullpen help and they do have a chance with the lineup they have.

I have no idea how long it will last but I feel like they have a fast start every year, please let it last this year [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//angel.gif[/img] . I can say that I've been to a few games this year and when I was there I just kept thinking it looks like we are actually a baseball TEAM, which is nice.

I remember going to the '99 playoff game (last time we were good) back at riverfront with the Mets, fuck Al leiter :rant:

Guest ThurmanMunster

[quote name='TecmoBengal9' post='262336' date='May 2 2006, 08:32 PM']I have no idea how long it will last but I feel like they have a fast start every year, please let it last this year [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//angel.gif[/img] . I can say that I've been to a few games this year and when I was there I just kept thinking it looks like we are actually a baseball TEAM, which is nice.

I remember going to the '99 playoff game (last time we were good) back at riverfront with the Mets, fuck Al leiter :rant:[/quote]

what, i thought that game was in new york?????

Reds sucked all the time last year, but in 2004 they had a REAL quick start because Paul Wilson started 6-0 but only finished 11-6 :(

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='262337' date='May 2 2006, 08:33 PM']what, i thought that game was in new york?????
Reds sucked all the time last year, but in 2004 they had a REAL quick start because Paul Wilson started 6-0 but only finished 11-6 :([/quote]

Nope, that son of a bitch beat us 5-0 at riverfront. Only thing I got out of the game was Ricky Henderson gave us the finger, what a dick!

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='TecmoBengal9' post='262342' date='May 2 2006, 08:39 PM']Nope, that son of a bitch beat us 5-0 at riverfront. Only thing I got out of the game was Ricky Henderson gave us the finger, what a dick![/quote]

i know it was at home but for some reason i really believed it was away....hmmm

[quote name='TecmoBengal9' post='262336' date='May 2 2006, 06:32 PM']I have no idea how long it will last but I feel like they have a fast start every year, please let it last this year [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//angel.gif[/img] . I can say that I've been to a few games this year and when I was there I just kept thinking it looks like we are actually a baseball TEAM, which is nice.

I remember going to the [b]'99 playoff game [/b] (last time we were good) back at riverfront with the Mets, fuck Al leiter :rant:[/quote]
Well, it was a single game [i]playoff[/i] to get to the real playoffs, anyway....I was there, and I was crushed....Leiter pitched the best game of his career, the fucker....

I think these guys are now the real deal. People are hitting, pitchers are pitching. The way we are playing now...i believe we will make the world series. Arroyo is tearing up the cards... and dave williams did too. We will make the playoffs and show all those fuckers...last in the division was completely wrong.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='262352' date='May 2 2006, 08:59 PM']Well, it was a single game [i]playoff[/i] to get to the real playoffs, anyway....I was there, and I was crushed....Leiter pitched the best game of his career, the fucker....[/quote]

True, I remeber something fishy about the end of that season. I think we got sweep by some shit team while the team the Mets played just rolled over for them?

Hey you remember a fan ran onto the field and got caught at the outfield wall, the cops that caught him got drilled by a beer. That wasn't you on field was it Bunghole? ;)

Guest WhoDeyForever

[quote name='JC' post='262354' date='May 2 2006, 09:05 PM']I think these guys are now the real deal. People are hitting, pitchers are pitching. The way we are playing now...i believe we will make the world series. Arroyo is tearing up the cards... and dave williams did too. We will make the playoffs and show all those fuckers...last in the division was completely wrong.[/quote]
[img]http://boston.com/bonzai-fba/Globe_Photo/2005/07/31/1122849371_6250.jpg[/img]

:466: :fing06: :fing27: u peter Gammons

PS: tell me gammons doesent look like jigsaw off of saw :lol:

Guest ThurmanMunster

[quote name='TecmoBengal9' post='262355' date='May 2 2006, 09:06 PM']True, I remeber something fishy about the end of that season. I think we got sweep by some shit team while the team the Mets played just rolled over for them?

Hey you remember a fan ran onto the field and got caught at the outfield wall, the cops that caught him got drilled by a beer. That wasn't you on field was it Bunghole? ;)[/quote]

we lost the first 2 games to the shitty Brewers and then beat them after a 5 hour rain delay on the last regular season game in all of MLB to put us in the wild card playoff game. Greg Vaughn blasted a 3 run homer to win the game 7-1.

if we win that series instead of only taking 1 of the 3 then we make it to the playoffs without the stupid play in game.

[quote name='TecmoBengal9' post='262336' date='May 2 2006, 08:32 PM']I have no idea how long it will last but I feel like they have a fast start every year, please let it last this year [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//angel.gif[/img] . I can say that I've been to a few games this year and when I was there I just kept thinking it looks like we are actually a baseball TEAM, which is nice.

I remember going to the '99 playoff game (last time we were good) back at riverfront with the Mets, fuck Al leiter :rant:[/quote]

yep remember the game... i hated it. Cops on horses were on the field by the end of the game. It was terrible. There was like 3 streakers. I happened to be with my mom... she and my sis were crying be the end of the game because of the recklessness of our fans... :rant:

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='Bunghole' post='262465' date='May 3 2006, 12:15 AM']I beleive it went like we needed only ONE game from the Brewers series to avoid having to contend with the Mets that year...and we were swept....[/quote]

nope i said above, we lost 2 of the 3, won the last game after a 5 hour rain delay. To get the tie we had to win that game and they coudlnt cancel it because ti was the last game of the season and playoffs couldnt start until that game was over and mets/reds were decided. Greg Vaughn hit a 3 run HR and the reds won 7-1 which put them in the play in game against the mets. If they win the series instead of sucking in games 1 and 2, they make the playoffs and mets miss out.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Bunghole' post='262352' date='May 2 2006, 08:59 PM']Well, it was a single game [i]playoff[/i] to get to the real playoffs, anyway....I was there, and I was crushed....Leiter pitched the best game of his career, the fucker....[/quote]

I was already in NY for many years...(I go to the Mets games when the Reds play and cheer profusely for the Redlegs). anyway what a heartbreaker...I remember watiching the game on TV, I think ESPN and I remember the crowd was really riled up. I mean real fuckin hungry like-they reminded me of the World Series crowds wehn the Reds beat the A's.

96 wins and no playoffs is almost criminal! :crazy:

:contract:

[quote name='Hooky' post='268713' date='May 16 2006, 09:59 AM']Their swoon has already started and as much as it pains me, the Cardinals are hitting their stride. But they'll get just over .500.[/quote]

hopefully not, they are entitled to a little slump, the O can't produce every game. I'm actually encouraged a bit in this latest slump, the pitching staff seems to be doing a fine job...

we should not have lost 2 of 3 to the Nats, I can deal with the sweep by Philly they are on freakin fire right now...

I guess we have to sweep the Bucs because we may have trouble with Dtroit.

Archived