breaking on lance's show

Guest bengalrick

[quote]ROUND 1
Felipe vs. Clayton[/quote]

It has to be Felipe anyway. Clayton is the guy who displaced the greatest defensive player of all time in Ozzie Smith during his last season. So he's old as hell and stopped us getting a few extra games of the Wizard before he hung up the cleats.

VB

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='293558' date='Jul 13 2006, 08:05 PM']that remains to be seen, lol. The fact that he thinks Wagner was going to be our closer by the end of the year kills any credibility he may "have"
Everyone with the team with the exception of Dunn is very upbeat about this trade. Most true experts have said its a good trade as well.
The only considerable thing we gave up in this trade was Kearns' defense, and we'll survive without that.[/quote]
True that.

Wag is well i don't know.

But i think i always had high hopes for Kearns and always liked him...and Felipe too..

Royce won't get it done...but maybe Castro will.

Guest Gonzoid
I'm good with this trade. The Kearns experiment was long over, Lopez was a comedy of errors and Wagner was playing like he was in whiffle ball league. And if Dunn is upset with the trade, who cares. Be a professional, Dunny. And work on your defense.

The Reds got some much needed bullpen help, they're winning 9-3 and Nuxy's doing play-by-play on the radio. It's all good.

Guest Bengals1181
[quote name='Gonzoid' post='293623' date='Jul 13 2006, 09:39 PM']I'm good with this trade. The Kearns experiment was long over, Lopez was a comedy of errors and Wagner was playing like he was in whiffle ball league. And if Dunn is upset with the trade, who cares. Be a professional, Dunny. And work on your defense.

The Reds got some much needed bullpen help, they're winning 9-3 and Nuxy's doing play-by-play on the radio. It's all good.[/quote]

I don't think Dunn's that out of line. Its not likely he's publicly bashing the team. His best friend just got traded. He's allowed to be upset about it for a day or two.

Guest Gonzoid
[quote name='Bengals1181' post='293632' date='Jul 13 2006, 09:56 PM']I don't think Dunn's that out of line. Its not likely he's publicly bashing the team. His best friend just got traded. He's allowed to be upset about it for a day or two.[/quote]
He's a whiny ass titty baby with the defensive skills of Ifeanyi Ohalete.

Dunn should be more like Freel:

[b]"I personally love it," Reds utility player Ryan Freel said. "I'm not knocking Kearns and Lopez, but we all knew that most of the problem has been with the bullpen."[/b]

I bet those comments went over well with the pitchers.

:whistle:

Guest oldschooler
Well now that I`ve had a chance to see the bullpen in action tonight.
And took a second to think about how great the other moves Krivsky
has made, turned out.

Denorfia looks like stud in the making.
Castro has better defensive skills than Lopez.
And he has been swinging a good bat.
Phillips is the SS of the future.

And our bullpen SUCKS !

GREAT TRADE !!!!

Guest oldschooler

AND THIS ONE BELONGS TO THE REDS !!!!! [img]http://home.cfl.rr.com/monkeytree/beavis_butthead.gif[/img]

Doesn`t seem right without hearing Marty say it...

:dance: anyway...

Guest Gonzoid

[quote name='oldschooler' post='293645' date='Jul 13 2006, 10:20 PM']Don`t you just love how our bullpen makes us sweat out
a game that WAS 9-3 before they got involved ? :rolleyes:[/quote]
But trading Kearns and Lopez for pitching is suicide!1!1!1! :rolleyes:

They pull out the win... just. 9-7. Gads!

[quote name='Paul' post='293715' date='Jul 14 2006, 12:18 AM']B) Good to know this nonsense of giving serveral runs in the 9th is about to end.[/quote]

The Reds need to get rid of 3 guys to make room for Majewski, Bray and Clayton.
Standridge will probably be released after tonights performance.
Bergolla will likely be sent back to the minors as he was just a roster filler for tonight.
The third person will probably be Yan, Mays or Wise.

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='293571' date='Jul 13 2006, 08:21 PM']I haven't posted in awhile...
But anyone who thinks this trade is bad for the Reds or "terrible" are crazy...
Isn't there a thread on the site right now "GET US BULLPEN HELP" and now everyone on here is crying because we gave up a SS who has returned to his shitty defensive form, a cry baby closer in AAA, and Austin Kearns (who we have given more than enough chances to pan out). IN return, we got a 23 old who throws 90-94 with a nasty curve, a 26 year old who was on the US team in this years WBC who throws upper 90s, a sure thing defensively at short (and compare his numbers with Lopez this year and tell me what you see), a young infielder who reminds many of a young Edwin, and a project pitcher.

Some people crack me up... This isn't a Sean Casey for No one salary dump type of deal... This is a trade that immediately makes our team better both defensively, and in the pen, and I would argue even at the plate (I personally believe Denorfia will have a better career than Kearns. He is playing unreal in AAA, hits for average, has speed, and has deceptive power).

Quit bitching people...[/quote]

i agree 100%.

I loved the trade from the moment i saw it and everything u said except the Casey trade was good. Im glad casey was gone as he was useless and a waste of money. We dropped enough salary in that trade that Krivsky was then able to bring in Arroyo, Ross, and Phillips (which increased our payroll). If we had Casy i doubt we have Arroyo or Ross or Phillips.

I for one just heard about this trade now and I am excited for the future. I was hoping they would find a way to get Denofria into the lineup, this guy is going to be solid. Also, acquiring two young, solid pitchers will help make the late innings of Reds games watchable. This past month the bullpens pitching has just been absolutely ridiculous. I feel excited to have a front office that seems to be one of the hardest working in the majors, Krivsky is making moves to improve the team now and for the future.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='293785' date='Jul 14 2006, 01:21 AM']i agree 100%.
I loved the trade from the moment i saw it and everything u said except the Casey trade was good. Im glad casey was gone as he was useless and a waste of money. We dropped enough salary in that trade that Krivsky was then able to bring in Arroyo, Ross, and Phillips (which increased our payroll). If we had Casy i doubt we have Arroyo or Ross or Phillips.[/quote]

oh don't get me wrong, the sean casey trade was my favorite of the year.... Most overpaid, overhyped player for the Reds (besides Jason Larue)

and i still believe casey will take a paycut this offseason and rejoin the Reds, which i will fully welcome

Guest Gonzoid
[quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='293816' date='Jul 14 2006, 07:03 AM']and i still believe casey will take a paycut this offseason and rejoin the Reds, which i will fully welcome[/quote]
The rumor I heard is that he wants to sign a long term contract and stay in the pissburgh.

I don't see Wise getting cut. Yan could go and I really wouldn't care.

Guest Bengals1181
[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='293719' date='Jul 14 2006, 12:23 AM']What did dunn say about the trade that everyone is talking about?[/quote]

nothing really, people are making too big of a deal about it.

The guy had just found out that his best friend and roommate had been traded. He's allowed to be a little upset about it for a day or two. He was probably in shock. He'll get over it.

It's not like he's bashing the team, all he did was say "absolutely not" when reporters asked him if he had any comments on the trade.

It obviously didn't hurt his performance last night. 2 for 4 (neither of which were even homeruns), with 2 runs,2 rbi's, a walk, and even a stolen base.

Great trade. All we gave up IMO is a great glove and arm in right that came with a decent but streaky bat. Lopez and Wagner are really dispensable.

We got a veteran SS that will probably take Phillips under his wing and like Palmer said, Phillips could be the starter next year. Should we look for him to play some SS in mop-up innings? Or do you think he will stay at 2nd? We got a tall-ass drink of water workhorse middle reliever that always scared me when he pitched against the Reds. I would call the trade even at this point and the three other players we got are a bonus.

Speaking of relief pitching, it looked like Naroon was holding tryouts last night for the bullpen. Weathers and Coffey pitched well with two new relievers coming to town and their jobs on the line. Maybe they will pitch better knowing that they aren't going to get innings any more by default. The new competition will either make our current relievers better or weed them out.

Archived