What yr, make, model, vehicle are you?

Guest IndianaBengal

[quote name='STRAYCAT' post='317595' date='Aug 17 2006, 02:40 AM']Well since someone threw a bike in the mix..I want to add one bad boy here
200 mph no bullshit hold on to your seat action....this is it :D
[img]http://www.superboat.com/teams/1-Bacardi.jpg[/img]
got to watch them run 4th July weekend in florida

:thumbsup:[/quote]

When I lived in the Keys we used to watch the World Offshore Powerboat Races every year, one year I was on one of the checkpoint boats, that was an experience I'll never forget, after the race we all got to take a ride on one of the boats, they only cranked it up to about 60 mph but you could feel the power.

not sure if anyone knows this but "cigarette" racing was started by drug smugglers

[quote name='Storm' post='317702' date='Aug 17 2006, 11:25 AM']When I lived in the Keys we used to watch the World Offshore Powerboat Races every year, one year I was on one of the checkpoint boats, that was an experience I'll never forget, after the race we all got to take a ride on one of the boats, they only cranked it up to about 60 mph but you could feel the power.

not sure if anyone knows this but "cigarette" racing was started by drug smugglers[/quote]

Funny you mention it about the origins of cigarette racing. I learned of it in the miliary, a coast guard friend of mine was telling me abou the chasing of "go fast boats" as law enforcement call them. Until the advancments in coast guard boats the only way they had to catch them at first was with helicopters, and then all they could do is follow and give local officials a heads up on where hey land.

My uncle has a Cigarette boat on Cumberland lake powered by 2 454's it's a freakin beast, but it seems to take the whole lake to turn the damn thing around lol. I think he's trying to trade it for a large house boat now though.

[quote name='RoyT' post='317720' date='Aug 17 2006, 12:29 PM']Funny you mention it about the origins of cigarette racing. I learned of it in the miliary, a coast guard friend of mine was telling me abou the chasing of "go fast boats" as law enforcement call them. Until the advancments in coast guard boats the only way they had to catch them at first was with helicopters, and then all they could do is follow and give local officials a heads up on where hey land.

My uncle has a Cigarette boat on Cumberland lake powered by 2 454's it's a freakin beast, but it seems to take the whole lake to turn the damn thing around lol. I think he's trying to trade it for a large house boat now though.[/quote]

I wonder how much it costs your uncle to fill that sucker up? :o

[quote name='Storm' post='317730' date='Aug 17 2006, 12:48 PM']I wonder how much it costs your uncle to fill that sucker up? :o[/quote]

I'm trying to remeber how much he paid last time I was down there, he did go to the gas dock, and I remeber that they have some kind of Marine gas that was well over 3 bucks a gal. I think it's a hight octain like turbo blue. Any way it holds I think 300 gallons so I'm sure it hurt. I'll never understand how my uncle got to where he is. Somehow he made it to a "big wig" at merril dow without even a H.S. diploma.

[quote name='Storm' post='317730' date='Aug 17 2006, 08:48 AM']I wonder how much it costs your uncle to fill that sucker up? :o[/quote]

Too much..thats why I gave it up for now and got a classic car for showing,cruising. My Skater had twin 60
gallon tanks,ran 102 mph pass everything but the gas pump. Yes offshore racing started from drug smuggling..same as nascar and moonshiner's running from the law. I hate it when people call all long V haul offshore boats Cigarette's...there is only one cigarette brand boat and is top shelf and is thee Cigarette brand name. ;)

I chose this 72 Chevy Nova SS Convertible

[img]http://www.1motormart.com/gallery/72chvy01.jpg[/img]

At first glance, the color scheme is some what conservative and invites you over for ac loser look, but the white stripe draws attention and suggest caution, at least until I know you better.

A pratical man, the convertible top keeps the bad weather out you enjoy the good weather when retracted.

The key is under the hood, low maintenance, but it still enough horsepower to let you know it's there. ;)

Archived