Big Ben in Surgery?

Guest BengalBacker
[quote name='Scott Covington' post='330027' date='Sep 3 2006, 08:07 PM']Come on, this is getting worse than the Steeler boards. We're better than that. Have some class. Is there any Bengal message board out there with good, quality, knowledgeable football discussion? The Reds have a great one in redszone.com but I haven't found a good Bengals board yet.[/quote]

Class is not something we strive for here when it comes to hated rivals.

Get used to it or run along.

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='330053' date='Sep 3 2006, 08:43 PM']Class is not something we strive for here when it comes to hated rivals.

Get used to it or run along.[/quote]
no shit, excuse me for not having any class towards this team but the city of pissburgh, its inhabitants, its football team, and all of their fans can suck a hard one. im all for jokin around and having a good time and so are the fans of every other team in the nfl, with one obvious exception. i could give a shit about pissburgh, fuck all of them. i hope they die from the clap.

class is shown towards those who deserve it, pissburgh can go fuck themselves.

[quote name='Nati Ice' post='330067' date='Sep 3 2006, 09:53 PM']no shit, excuse me for not having any class towards this team but the city of pissburgh, its inhabitants, its football team, and all of their fans can suck a hard one. im all for jokin around and having a good time and so are the fans of every other team in the nfl, with one obvious exception. i could give a shit about pissburgh, fuck all of them. i hope they die from the clap.

class is shown towards those who deserve it, pissburgh can go fuck themselves.[/quote]
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :headbang: :headbang:

you are right fuck pissburgh

[quote name='Scott Covington' post='330027' date='Sep 3 2006, 07:07 PM']Come on, this is getting worse than the Steeler boards. We're better than that. Have some class. Is there any Bengal message board out there with good, quality, knowledgeable football discussion? The Reds have a great one in redszone.com but I haven't found a good Bengals board yet.[/quote]

Alright, I'll give you an intellectual conversation on the Stoolers.

If the Stoolers had lost the wildcard game last year, would Cowher still be employed?

No.

You and I both know that to be a fact. Not after all that went down in Stoolerville last season. He was in trouble after the loss to us in the 2nd game. That's what the Monday meeting after that game was all about. He was grasping at straws and Ben gave him one. Told him to take it to the air more and open up the run game in the process. It worked for all their games afterwards and it got them to the playoffs. I'd say Cowher owes his paycheck to Ben.

Did you ever think that maybe that was why Stooler management hasn't offered Cowher a new deal?

i don't give a shit if he's playing or not! im going to enjoy rubbing it in their faces when we beat their ass. if you think about it, we may not play aginst him this year at all! cause if he doesn't play in week 3, we will already have homefield playoff clinched and when they come to town, we won't play our starters ;)

[quote name='Rumble in the Jungle' post='330085' date='Sep 3 2006, 08:16 PM']i don't give a shit if he's playing or not! im going to enjoy rubbing it in their faces when we beat their ass. if you think about it, we may not play aginst him this year at all! cause if he doesn't play in week 3, we will already have homefield playoff clinched and when they come to town, we won't play our starters ;)[/quote]

There is not one living Bengals fan out there that would want Carson to start the 2nd game if we already own the division and have homefield advantage in the playoffs. We would riot if Carson got hurt in a game like that and under those circumstances. Marvin would never take that chance with Carson. It would be a nothing, a throw away game under those circumstances.

[quote name='Scott Covington' post='330027' date='Sep 3 2006, 08:07 PM']Come on, this is getting worse than the Steeler boards. We're better than that. Have some class. Is there any Bengal message board out there with good, quality, knowledgeable football discussion? The Reds have a great one in redszone.com but I haven't found a good Bengals board yet.[/quote]

I think you should have taken a left turn at Albuquerque, Bugs.

Class is reserved for those outside of the AFC North.

[quote name='Utts' post='330063' date='Sep 3 2006, 08:50 PM']I'm not going to preach the virtues of having some class. However, before you make love to your wife, thank your God, and party until dawn - consider karma. :onoudidnt:[/quote]

After 14 years of hell and last year's cheap shot loss...I figure we have a fair amount of karma to burn.

BZ

Guest CincyInDC
[quote]"We will assess the backup [situation] as the week goes on. This is the situation we are being dealt and we are not asking for any pity nor are we going to make any excuses," Cowher said. "We are going to get ready for [color="#FF0000"]Miami [/color]accordingly."[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"]Cockmaster.[/color]

Hey guys...first time, long time. I tried to post this earlier but I may have screwed it up. I actually do this type of surgery all the time here in the Cincinnati area. His recovery directly depends upon whether his appendix was ruptured or not, regardless of whether it was done laparoscopically or open (traditional). If not ruptured and done laparoscopically, I usually let people start to exercise in 2 to 3 weeks, depending upon how they feel. He will still have some pain though. Another consideration is where they placed the incisions, as some place one of the incisions near the right ribcage, while others don't. If it was ruptured, he will be at risk of having complications, which would definitely postpone his return.

[quote name='Maximus' post='330137' date='Sep 3 2006, 10:17 PM']Hey guys...first time, long time. I tried to post this earlier but I may have screwed it up. I actually do this type of surgery all the time here in the Cincinnati area. His recovery directly depends upon whether his appendix was ruptured or not, regardless of whether it was done laparoscopically or open (traditional). If not ruptured and done laparoscopically, I usually let people start to exercise in 2 to 3 weeks, depending upon how they feel. He will still have some pain though. Another consideration is where they placed the incisions, as some place one of the incisions near the right ribcage, while others don't. If it was ruptured, he will be at risk of having complications, which would definitely postpone his return.[/quote]

[b]welcome aboard Doc. do you think he'll be able to play against us, i could care less if he does, just don't wanna hear them make excuses thats all ![/b]

[quote name='Maximus' post='330137' date='Sep 3 2006, 09:17 PM']Hey guys...first time, long time. I tried to post this earlier but I may have screwed it up. I actually do this type of surgery all the time here in the Cincinnati area. His recovery directly depends upon whether his appendix was ruptured or not, regardless of whether it was done laparoscopically or open (traditional). If not ruptured and done laparoscopically, I usually let people start to exercise in 2 to 3 weeks, depending upon how they feel. He will still have some pain though. Another consideration is where they placed the incisions, as some place one of the incisions near the right ribcage, while others don't. If it was ruptured, he will be at risk of having complications, which would definitely postpone his return.[/quote]

Its beginning to sound like he's a candidate for the PUP list.

the scumbags over on stoolernation are pointing out that wines hard had the same thing in 2002 and was back in two weeks. Don't know how accurate that is but I do seem to remember something like this so there is a good chance he will be back for our game. But like Maximus said there are a lot of variables to consider here.

Hey, thanks for the welcome Rumble. Jeb, I do not know exactly what the PUP entails. I can say that I have done this kind of surgery on a member of the law enforcement (one who had dealings with some of our beloved Bengals), and he was back on the streets chasing thugs in about 3 weeks. He was very much in shape, and this surgery made him slow down a bit. I often wonder though what it would be like when people are actually tackling you, or you are twisting/juking/ or throwing. I know that after what he has been through already, combined with this surgery, it will be very interesting. The first clue would be how soon they discharge him from the hospital. If it is ruptured, we usually keep patients a minimum of 3 to 7 days. Non-ruptured appys I send home the next day.

[quote name='eva4ben-gal' post='330144' date='Sep 3 2006, 09:28 PM']the scumbags over on stoolernation are pointing out that wines hard had the same thing in 2002 and was back in two weeks. Don't know how accurate that is but I do seem to remember something like this so there is a good chance he will be back for our game. But like Maximus said there are a lot of variables to consider here.[/quote]

Yeah, like if he truly has vertigo or not?

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/39.gif[/img] I wonder how much Miami is going to put on Pittsburg, I guessing [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/23.gif[/img] 42. However Pittsburg will get 17 at most. I so badly hope he recovers by week three so that Carson Palmer will show them how much he hates them and that the Bengals will be repeating as division champs.

[quote name='Maximus' post='330137' date='Sep 3 2006, 10:17 PM']Hey guys...first time, long time. I tried to post this earlier but I may have screwed it up. I actually do this type of surgery all the time here in the Cincinnati area. His recovery directly depends upon whether his appendix was ruptured or not, regardless of whether it was done laparoscopically or open (traditional). If not ruptured and done laparoscopically, I usually let people start to exercise in 2 to 3 weeks, depending upon how they feel. He will still have some pain though. Another consideration is where they placed the incisions, as some place one of the incisions near the right ribcage, while others don't. If it was ruptured, he will be at risk of having complications, which would definitely postpone his return.[/quote]

Gladd to have you on the site, I get most of my medical info from my dad who is a Orthopedic PA and is about to retire from that to teach at kettering in Dayton. He posted some info on Carson's injury a while back (http://forum.go-bengals.com/index.php?showtopic=13832&hl=), and I ironicly was on the phone with him when this thread was posted. He told me pretty much what you did.

[url="http://forum.go-bengals.com/index.php?s=&showtopic=21756&view=findpost&p=329902"]http://forum.go-bengals.com/index.php?s=&a...st&p=329902[/url]

He's not much to be the internet poster and only did that before as a favor to me, hopefully youll stick around and give us that other perspective on injuries and such

Archived