Big Series Starting tonight vs Padres

JBandJoeyV

I called the walk off hr, just got the wrong guy...I guess it went to the second least likely to do it (Larue) rather than the most unlikely to do it (Griffey)...but hey, Ill take walk off homers from anyone on the team. Hopefully this motivates the reds for the rest of the series/season and does the opposite to the padres..

First of all, larue didnt look very happy on his way around the bases, he acts like its narrons fault hes batting .180.

Second, did you guys see freel jamming his elbow into Larue's back after he got to home plate, kinda funny....

Third, Grande or Welsch said that we lead the ML in walk off homers with 6, is it just me or the last few years have we always had the most walk off homers. I dont know about hte rest of you, but I have sort of come to expect a walk off homer if it reaches the extras and we are home.

Lastly, if houston holds on, we will be 4 out of the division. That means if we can go something like 13-5 or 12-6 the and the cards went 9-9 or 8-10 respectively we tie them and get into a playoff if we dont win the wildcard. I think even though we are 4 games back of them there is just as good of a chance at winning the division as the wildcard due to not fighting as many teams. Make sense to anyone else?

EDIT: The cards ended up winning so we are still 5 back, oh well...guess Ill take the wildcard...

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='338573' date='Sep 12 2006, 11:06 PM']First of all, larue didnt look very happy on his way around the bases, he acts like its narrons fault hes batting .180.

Second, did you guys see freel jamming his elbow into Larue's back after he got to home plate, kinda funny....

Third, Grande or Welsch said that we lead the ML in walk off homers with 6, is it just me or the last few years have we always had the most walk off homers. I dont know about hte rest of you, but I have sort of come to expect a walk off homer if it reaches the extras and we are home.

Lastly, if houston holds on, we will be 4 out of the division. That means if we can go something like 13-5 or 12-6 the and the cards went 9-9 or 8-10 respectively we tie them and get into a playoff if we dont win the wildcard. I think even though we are 4 games back of them there is just as good of a chance at winning the division as the wildcard due to not fighting as many teams. Make sense to anyone else?

EDIT: The cards ended up winning so we are still 5 back, oh well...guess Ill take the wildcard...[/quote]

giants are losing right now. Phillies have 2 games tomorrow. If giants lose tonight, we are tied with them. If phillies lose 1 of 2 tomorrow and we win tomorrow, we are either ahead of htem or tied with them.

We have to sweep the Padres and that would nearly remove them from in front of us. Right now (assuming we sweep) we are going against the marlins who are on a roll.

I'm not worried about the other teams. The Reds just need to take care of business. If they sweep, the worst case is they'll be a game behind the Giants. Plus, you've got to wonder if the Reds can close in on the Cardinals who play SF this weekend. The way both teams are playing, SF could sweep them. And the Reds could be chasing the Cardinals again if the Reds can beat the Cubs for a change.

Guest Bengals1181
[quote name='Hooky' post='338693' date='Sep 13 2006, 08:29 AM']I'm not worried about the other teams. The Reds just need to take care of business. If they sweep, the worst case is they'll be a game behind the Giants. Plus, you've got to wonder if the Reds can close in on the Cardinals who play SF this weekend. The way both teams are playing, SF could sweep them. And the Reds could be chasing the Cardinals again if the Reds can beat the Cubs for a change.[/quote]

honestly, I'd much rather see the cardinals sweep the giants than the other way around.

Guest Bengals1181

[quote name='Hooky' post='338715' date='Sep 13 2006, 08:51 AM']Why's that?[/quote]

because its much more realistic to win the wild card (where we're trailing the giants) than winning the division at this point.

Now if the Cardinals drop the next two against the Astros and are only 3 games up when the giants series rolls around, I reserve the right to change my tune. :whistle:

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='338822' date='Sep 13 2006, 10:58 AM']because its much more realistic to win the wild card (where we're trailing the giants) than winning the division at this point.

Now if the Cardinals drop the next two against the Astros and are only 3 games up when the giants series rolls around, I reserve the right to change my tune. :whistle:[/quote]

WOW HUGE WIN for the REDS yesterday, now if they can just find a way to beat Peavy tonight I think they have a great chance to sweep!

As for the Cardinals I will be rooting against them until we are mathmatically eliminated from the division race. Keep in mind we play the Cubs for 2 series, Marlins, Pirates, and Astros for 1 series the rest of the way and only the Marlins are above .500. Cardinals play a series with SD, SF, and MIL and also a series at MIL and at HOU.

Of course I'm not sure who to root for when they play the Padres, but I guess it will depend on the standings at that time. Either way 5 games will be tough to make up, so maybe it is wild card or bust.

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='Naptown Bengal' post='338994' date='Sep 13 2006, 02:24 PM']WOW HUGE WIN for the REDS yesterday, now if they can just find a way to beat Peavy tonight I think they have a great chance to sweep!

As for the Cardinals I will be rooting against them until we are mathmatically eliminated from the division race. Keep in mind we play the Cubs for 2 series, Marlins, Pirates, and Astros for 1 series the rest of the way and only the Marlins are above .500. Cardinals play a series with SD, SF, and MIL and also a series at MIL and at HOU.

Of course I'm not sure who to root for when they play the Padres, but I guess it will depend on the standings at that time. Either way 5 games will be tough to make up, so maybe it is wild card or bust.[/quote]

settle for the Wild Card, hope the Cards win out because that fucks up some of those WC teams.

I just looked it up, and games following games where the reds have won with a walk off homer, they are 0-5 and the players that hit the walk off homers are a combined 0-15!!! Dunn was 0-4 and 0-5 following his two walk off shots, valentin didnt play after his, ross was 0-2, and griffey was 0-4! Those numbers are astounding, so it will be interesting to see if Larue plays tonight, which i doubt he will, but if he does how he will do, and see if we can win a game for the first time this season the day after a walk off shot...

Archived