Thursday's Keys to the Game

[b][u]Keys to the Game[/u]

Offense:[/b]
[i]Solid O-line Play[/i] - give carson time and help rudi gain 125+ all-purpose yards
[b]Defense:[/b]
[i]Strong LB Showing[/i] - another solid performance is needed in order to get pressure on mcnair, stop the run, and prevent the short passes to the te's and short cross routes to the inside wr's
[b]Special Teams:[/b]
[i]Field Position[/i] - early field position in particular... setting the pace early at home will keep the crowd in the game and could possible cause a few balt turnovers on defense and a few quick strikes on offense
[b]Intangibles:[/b]
[i]Team[/i] - physical play will be expected. we are undersized and overmatched if we attempt to push them around, simply stated; speed wins this game, and fortunately for us we are a speed and finesse team. a fast tempo on offense gives us time to get the ball down field, and a high pace on defense keeps us within range of their receivers and working our way into the backfield on the line. example: instead of looking to just overpower his opposition justin smith's bullrush should be tweaked and focused to a simple strong push and sidestep, he has done more of this this year and his stats show the improvement.
[i]Fans in Attendance[/i] - be. fucking. loud. no excuses. this game means a lot when it comes to the division and our playoff hopes. with a few close losses this year our offense has finally found its groove and our defense is beginning to man up with its replacements. weve put outrageous numbers up over the past few weeks and in order for us to do that again our fans must be in the game from the get-go. stand up and be heard throughout the whole game. pitt went in to balt scared and look what happened to them. it was clear fromt he start that balt played very emotional today and from an outsiders perspective it appeared as if this was just another game for the bengals, who now expect to win. balt could very well have a big emotional letdown coming off of such an emotional win at home with playoff and division implications. if the crowd stays loud in this game, a combination of a short week with possibly only a day or two to plan for our high flying offense and their team may not be all there mentally. On top of that, we dont want to be outdone by fucking baltimore.

[i]"We can't rest on anything, we just have to move on to these guys, and we know how physical it's going to be. [u]We need all our fans, because their fans did a great job when we were down there."[/u][/i]
-Big Willie

[b]Notes:[/b] braham, jones, o'neal, and simmons could all be back for this game. this may be meaningless and it may mean everything, 4 starting vetrans returning for a big game at home could be huge to our confidence in two key areas; offensive line play and defensive leadership/cockiness.

so in short, get drunk, get crunked, and lets enjoy a nationally televised game with our season possibly on the line, and hope that the bengals have overcome their injuries and imperfections only to come out victorious thursday night at home in the jungle.

Thoughts? Opinions? Comments?

[quote name='akiliMVP' post='394717' date='Nov 26 2006, 11:58 PM']Stop them on third down and we win.[/quote]

That's the most important thing.

NatiIce, otherwise I agree with what you said...the crowd will be a very important factor in determing the outcome of this game, that's for sure. BE LOUD!!! Some guy on the radio today pointed out that the seats in front of you, which nobody will be sitting in :contract: can be used to create noise so if you are the timid kind who doesn't like to scream....please use the seats.

[quote]Strong LB Showing - another solid performance is needed in order to get pressure on mcnair, stop the run, and prevent the short passes to the te's and short cross routes to the inside wr's[/quote]

there you have it.....along with no turn overs from our offense. :D

ps....I've got that feeling....

Guest Bengal_Smoov
Here are my key's to victory....

[u]Offense[/u]
I think the TE's will have to have have a big game recieving and blocking. Last week the Ravens got 9 sacks en route to a shut out of the stealers, needless to say they had major protection issues. I saw one play were the stealers max protected with 7 blockers and the Ravens only rushed 4 and still got the sack. We also should take advantage of the agressiveness of the Ravens defense by dinking and dunking to our backs and TE's in the flat. Suggs is all about getting to the qb, we have to use the Ravens agressive nature against them.

[u]Defense[/u]

Shutting down the run is important, J.Lewis is starting to find his groove and the last thing we need is J.Lewis running up and down the field. McNair is playing good, but he still makes mistakes that can keep us in the game or help us beat them. Last week the defense did an excellent job of limiting the other teams big play wr(B.Edwards) and TE(K.Winslow), we have to do the same thing this week. Putting pressure on McNair will help but we have to make sure to wrap him up because although he's getting older he's strong and mobile.

If we can protect the ball and not give up big plays I like our chances vs. the Ravens. This is going to be a great game and you fans who are going to be in attendance better give our guys the advantage by making PBS a hostile environment for the Ravens.

Guest steggyD
I know many of you like to pick on Chad Johnson for talking shit all the time, but this time the game is on TJ. After the last game, TJ said that we were the better team ...

Well, on NFL Network, they were showing the Ravens' coaches, post-game, and they were using that quote from TJ. I think they're going to use that quote to help fire their team up.

Another thing to think about is that the Ravens usually play the game before us completely different than the way they play us. So whatever you saw against pissburgh, I might expect some of the opposites against us. Just my 2 cents.

Guest schotzee
[quote name='Orange 'n Black' post='395170' date='Nov 27 2006, 06:12 PM']We HAVE to win the turnover battle. As long as we take care of the football we will have no problems with the Ratbirds.[/quote]

We may not have to necessarily win the turnover battle just don't be on the minus side.

Guest IndianaBengal
As Marv would say; [b] [color="#3333FF"]"Take thier breath away."[/color] [/b]

[size=5]1. No-huddle offense efficiently, Keep them [b]breathing hard.[/b]

2. [b]Every TE, FB, & RB get your hands on a blitzer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/b]

3. Carsons' mental & physical powers will be far to much for these scum to handle.[/size]

Guest IndianaBengal
[quote name='Storm' post='395194' date='Nov 27 2006, 06:41 PM']This game will hinge on the play of our offensive line, we need a performance like the one against Indy last year where the O line shut down Freeney and company.[/quote]
agreed! but Mcnair is no match for carson in a shoot-out.(such as Manning)
I kind of feel the Bengals were using the browns defense to polish thier no-huddle execution yesterday. Anyone else aggree? They know they have to keep the Ravens lb's looking behind themselves.

Guest Coy Bacon
Don't turn the ball over.

Don't press.

Don't let down in the third quarter.

Don't play so lopsided on offense that it's either score in 30 seconds or go 3-and-out, leaving the defense on the field to blow up by half-time, ala the Diego game.

Guest Bengals1181
Its simple really:

1. Stong O-line play - if Palmer is protected, we win any game no matter how the defense plays.
2. Limit turnovers - The Raven's O looks so good because their D gives them the ball a lot in the other teams territory. We can't let that happen.
3. Defense get off the field on third down - simple, keep our offense on the field and scoring.

and for good measure:

4. Attack, attack, attack! - Score early, often and at will. Leave no doubt and take no prisoners.

Archived