The gayest topic I've ever posted.

ChicagoBengal

[quote name='ChicagoBengal' post='406625' date='Dec 13 2006, 03:27 PM']I'm going to the ballet (Nutcracker) with my wife on Saturday. How should I dress?[/quote]

Suit if you have one

otherwise Slacks, Button up shirt w/ Tie, dress shoes.

[quote name='Ben' post='406628' date='Dec 13 2006, 02:30 PM']Your going somewhere like ford theater or something right? Not the local high school production? that makes a difference[/quote]

It's at the Auditorium theatre, which, if I may outgay my original post, is a gorgeous room downtown on State. And the suit [i]is[/i] an option. In fact, I was hoping that would be suggested as to take the guess work out of the equation.

[quote name='ChicagoBengal' post='406642' date='Dec 13 2006, 03:44 PM']It's at the Auditorium theatre, which, if I may outgay my original post, is a gorgeous room downtown on State. And the suit [i]is[/i] an option. In fact, I was hoping that would be suggested as to take the guess work out of the equation.[/quote]

yeah, where the suit.

[quote name='ChicagoBengal' post='406642' date='Dec 13 2006, 02:44 PM']It's at the Auditorium theatre, which, if I may outgay my original post, is a gorgeous room downtown on State. And the suit [i]is[/i] an option. In fact, I was hoping that would be suggested as to take the guess work out of the equation.[/quote]

Smart to weat the suit, but since it is the Nutcracker and not, say, Swan Lake, there will be a lot of rabble there (by rabble I mean others who were dragged by their wives and girlfriends). So expect to see some folks in jeans.

What the fuck is wrong with you guys? There is nothing wrong with going to see the ballet. The Nutcracker is excellent. You're going to enjoy it. Wear the suit.
MULLY
of course my mother was a dancer and I grew up around that shit so it's normal for me

[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='406692' date='Dec 13 2006, 03:47 PM']What the fuck is wrong with you guys? There is nothing wrong with going to see the ballet. The Nutcracker is excellent. You're going to enjoy it. Wear the suit.
MULLY
of course my mother was a dancer and I grew up around that shit so it's normal for me[/quote]

I've only been to 1 ballet (Swan Lake), so I'm no expert there. Swan Lake was awesome by the way--the Bat Dude ruled.

But I do know something about opera and classical music. And the music for many ballets I've never been to. The best by far in my opinion is Prokofiev's Romeo and Juliet. One of the themes is semi-well known and is often played on the History Channel when Stalin is the subject.

[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='406692' date='Dec 13 2006, 04:47 PM']What the fuck is wrong with you guys? There is nothing wrong with going to see the ballet. The Nutcracker is excellent. You're going to enjoy it. Wear the suit.
MULLY
of course my mother was a dancer and I grew up around that shit so it's normal for me[/quote]

It's very sensitive of you to accept that lifestyle as normal. Just kidding.

Yes on the suit. Have fun.

[quote name='Rumble in the Jungle' post='406727' date='Dec 14 2006, 07:33 AM'][center][img]http://www.dancex.com/pictures/products/BTogs-dancebelt.jpg[/img]

:whistle:[/center][/quote]

This brings up a good point. The guys doing the dancing are queerer than a football bat. But the dancing itself is really good.
MULLY

[img]http://dsp.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/p3272038dt.jpg[/img]

[url="http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2505347&cp=716563.716574.2237584&parentPage=family&searchId=2237584"]http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/...earchId=2237584[/url]

:thumbsup:

Guest mongoloido

[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='406692' date='Dec 13 2006, 04:47 PM']What the fuck is wrong with you guys? There is nothing wrong with going to see the ballet. The Nutcracker is excellent. You're going to enjoy it. Wear the suit.
MULLY

They're all heathens. :) A little culture is a healthy thing from time to time. I try to hit the ballet/symphony/theater at least twice a year. It's a fantastic time, and the lady loves it too.

Guest mongoloido

[quote name='ChicagoBengal' post='406947' date='Dec 14 2006, 08:44 AM']I'm class :ninja: , so the culture won't kill me. Although when applause is occuring, a who-dey may have to happen - this in lieu of yelling "Slayer" or "Freebird".[/quote]

Bears suck! Bengals rule! Who Dey!

Guest schotzee

[quote name='ChicagoBengal' post='406947' date='Dec 14 2006, 08:44 AM']I'm class :ninja: , so the culture won't kill me. Although when applause is occuring, a who-dey may have to happen - this in lieu of yelling "Slayer" or "Freebird".[/quote]

Way to go against the grain CB

[quote name='Ben' post='407008' date='Dec 14 2006, 09:42 AM']I saw Die fledermaus early this year and it was pretty good. I would reccommend it.

Wicked was also entertaining, saw it at ford theater when i visited chicago.[/quote]

I didn't really care for the novel Wicked--loved the concept but not the execution. Haven't seen the play.

As for Die Fledermaus, I only know the overture but it's a bigtime fave of operetta fans.

Right now I have Gilbert & Sullivan's HMS Pinafore playing in my truck.

Archived