*HONESTLY* LEAVE YOUR SCARLET AND GREY WEED IN THE BAG...

ive got 50 bucks with one of my friends (yes hes a buckeye fan) that Ginn doesnt go in the top 10. Id like to know your take on this and if you think I have a valid shot at winning the bet. please as i stated in the topic description dont say yes because you are a bucks fan only if you honestly feel he will be selected top 10 should you reply with a yes.

Guest Bengals1181
[quote name='NASTYNATI' post='429952' date='Jan 19 2007, 10:47 PM']ive got 50 bucks with one of my friends (yes hes a buckeye fan) that Ginn doesnt go in the top 10. Id like to know your take on this and if you think I have a valid shot at winning the bet. please as i stated in the topic description dont say yes because you are a bucks fan only if you honestly feel he will be selected top 10 should you reply with a yes.[/quote]

I don't see him going top 10 (well I could see Atlanta taking him at 10). He's more likely to go 11-25 though with the 49ers, rams, stealers, packers, jaguars, titans, broncos, and chiefs all possibilities.

It'll be a matter of which player (Ginn or Dwayne Jarrett) that teams prefer. Jarrett is the more prototypical NFL receiver of the two, but Ginn has more big play potential and can play special teams.

*I haven't checked the full draft needs of any of these teams, just going by assessment of them needing a WR (in the case of the rams, a future heir apparent).

Guest CrazyIrishman5
I think there are 2 maybe 3 WR that will go before Ginn but it all depends on the NFL combines.
[b]Calvin Johnson, WR, Georgia Tech, 6-5, 235
Dwayne Jarrett, WR, USC, 6-5, 210
Sidney Rice, WR, South Carolina, 6-4, 200 [/b]

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='429979' date='Jan 19 2007, 11:50 PM']I don't see him going top 10 (well I could see Atlanta taking him at 10). He's more likely to go 11-25 though with the 49ers, rams, stealers, packers, jaguars, titans, broncos, and chiefs all possibilities.

It'll be a matter of which player (Ginn or Dwayne Jarrett) that teams prefer. Jarrett is the more prototypical NFL receiver of the two, but Ginn has more big play potential and can play special teams.

*I haven't checked the full draft needs of any of these teams, just going by assessment of them needing a WR (in the case of the rams, a future heir apparent).[/quote]
stealers wont take ginn. they already have holmes. IF they went for a WR it would def. be a possession guy, but i dont see them going WR.

Ginn wouldnt fit the packers offense so thats a no unless they wanna change it, but i doubt it.

i think the 49ers are going to avoid round 1 WRs for a while from past experiences.

Broncos gotta be looking CB after losing Darrent, thats a massive loss.

I dont see the Jags taking ANOTHER round 1 WR this soon.

Titans would be a good fit since they dont have a homerun threat and Bennett could use a good compliment.

The Rams in the past havent gone for WRs like Ginn, but they dont have Martz anymore so idk. I wouldnt think they would go WR yet when they have other positions of need more and arent that far from a playoff team.

I have no idea what the Chiefs will do, herm is a fuckin moron.

I could see ATL taking him because he would give Petrino some interesting options with his crazy playbook and he does have a badass OC who could def. work with him at WR.

i bet the lions take him. :ninja:

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='429988' date='Jan 20 2007, 01:02 AM']10? No, 15 maybe, 20 probabally[/quote]
i dont think ginn is worth a 1st round pick, but i could see him going to ATL at 10. he has to excite petrino and his playbook, plus he has hue jackson at OC who could work with him at WR.

Guest Bengals1181
[quote name='akiliMVP' post='430025' date='Jan 20 2007, 06:44 AM']I think the Rams will nab him with the 13th pick. They have a piss poor return game, and need some youth at receiver. Plus he wouldn't have to start right away and could learn from two great receivers.[/quote]

Ginn on turf 8+ games a year is a scary thought.

[quote name='Scoutforlife591' post='430195' date='Jan 20 2007, 02:59 PM']No for the top 10.

He'd have to beat locks.

Joe Thomas
Calvin Johnson
Brady Quinn
Alan Branch
Adrian Peterson
JaMarcus Russell
Gaines Adams
Jamaal Anderson
Dwayne Jarrett

Only 9, but I don't think he takes that last spot. That'll be McCauley-Revis or Landry-Nelson.[/quote]

Take Jarrett off that list and I agree that all those guys are pretty much locks for the top ten. I dont know bout Ginn going in the top 10, I really could see him going to ATL like many people on here have said already, I think we will have to wait and see the combine. If Ginn runs a 4.29 or extremely low 4.3's I could see some coaches getting a hard on and doing something stupid.

Guest Bengals1181
[quote name='Scoutforlife591' post='430195' date='Jan 20 2007, 02:59 PM']No for the top 10.

He'd have to beat locks.

Joe Thomas
Calvin Johnson
Brady Quinn
Alan Branch
Adrian Peterson
JaMarcus Russell
Gaines Adams
Jamaal Anderson
Dwayne Jarrett

Only 9, but I don't think he takes that last spot. That'll be McCauley-Revis or Landry-Nelson.[/quote]

I wouldn't call Jarrett a lock by any means. I also wouldn't be surprised if Perterson didn't go top 10 either. I think he will, but it won't surprise me if he doesn't.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='430276' date='Jan 20 2007, 06:16 PM']I wouldn't call Jarrett a lock by any means. I also wouldn't be surprised if Perterson didn't go top 10 either. I think he will, but it won't surprise me if he doesn't.[/quote]

thanks for the feedback everyone... im pretty sure ive got this one in the bag!

I doubt he will go in the top 10, but he has blazing speed and that usually causes prospects to fly up the draft board. If you have ever seen him play he runs effortlessy as he is running by and away from the defense. Then all of a sudden he hits another gear and makes everyone on the field look like children.

Guest Whodey420
No he wont go in the Top 10 and I cant believe that a couple people think he could
go at #10 to the Falcons. The same Falcon team that has drafted 2 wide receivers
in the 1st round recently (Jenkins and White) traded a 1st round pick to Buffalo
for Peerless Price and traded for Ashley Lelie. Did Matt Millen take over the GM
duties in Atlanta all of a sudden?

Guest Bengals1181
[quote name='Whodey420' post='430805' date='Jan 21 2007, 11:39 PM']No he wont go in the Top 10 and I cant believe that a couple people think he could
go at #10 to the Falcons. The same Falcon team that has drafted 2 wide receivers
in the 1st round recently (Jenkins and White) traded a 1st round pick to Buffalo
for Peerless Price and traded for Ashley Lelie. Did Matt Millen take over the GM
duties in Atlanta all of a sudden?[/quote]

tell me who Atlanta's #1 receiver is, and if they are the caliber of other #1's around the league.

Guest Whodey420
Not sure which one of those guys is considered to be the #1 WR in Atlanta.
With all the drafting of WR's in the 1st round and trading for other WR's I
just cant see them taking another WR in the 1st round is all. They need
defensive backfield help more than WR though. Safety or a corner to pair
with Hall.

[quote name='NASTYNATI' post='430395' date='Jan 21 2007, 11:43 AM']thanks for the feedback everyone... im pretty sure ive got this one in the bag![/quote]

I'm a Buckeye fan...and I would say you will win this one

Ginn to St. Louis makes a lot of sense...he seems more of mid to late 1st round choice...personally I'd rather have Anthony Gonzalez...he's rumoured to be just as fast and is clutch

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='430897' date='Jan 22 2007, 07:52 AM']tell me who Atlanta's #1 receiver is, and if they are the caliber of other #1's around the league.[/quote]

Crumpler is, but at WR, it's probably Jenkins... an overrated ex-Buckeye WR. He's adequate, but nothing more at this point. Roddy White has big-time speed, but he hasn't done much yet. Brian Finneran has the best hands of their WR crew, but he was out all last year.

[quote name='texbengal' post='430934' date='Jan 22 2007, 10:33 AM']Crumpler is, but at WR, it's probably Jenkins... an overrated ex-Buckeye WR. He's adequate, but nothing more at this point. Roddy White has big-time speed, but he hasn't done much yet. Brian Finneran has the best hands of their WR crew, but he was out all last year.[/quote]

Ashley Lelie

Guest Bengals1181
[quote name='Jamie_B' post='430999' date='Jan 22 2007, 11:55 AM']Ashley Lelie[/quote]

something tells me your #1 receiver should be catching more than 28 balls.

Also, White had 30 catches for the year, while Jenkins had 39. Also, Alge Crumpler only had 56 (which is good for a TE, but not when he's your biggest receiving threat).

By comparison, Chris Henry had 36 catches as a #3 receiver.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='431026' date='Jan 22 2007, 12:25 PM']something tells me your #1 receiver should be catching more than 28 balls.

Also, White had 30 catches for the year, while Jenkins had 39. Also, Alge Crumpler only had 56 (which is good for a TE, but not when he's your biggest receiving threat).
By comparison, Chris Henry had 36 catches as a #3 receiver.[/quote]

Atlanta is also a run first (and second) offense. But it would be scary to think of Ginn and Vick on the field at the same time.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='431026' date='Jan 22 2007, 12:25 PM']something tells me your #1 receiver should be catching more than 28 balls.

By comparison, Chris Henry had 36 catches as a #3 receiver.[/quote]

when you have Michael Vick taking the snaps the entire recieving corps was lucky to see 28 balls last season.

Archived