Official Go-Bengals mock draft

Guest Tigris
I'm working on Justin's contract as we speak. He's being a bitch. You have to remember Briggs isn't going to make 8 million his first year. And moving out of the 1st, and giving up my 4th (although gaining a third), it will shave some money from what the rookies would make. Don't you guys worry about a thing. Our team is in good hands...

[quote name='Tigris' post='458476' date='Mar 18 2007, 09:27 PM']I'm working on Justin's contract as we speak. He's being a bitch. You have to remember Briggs isn't going to make 8 million his first year. And moving out of the 1st, and giving up my 4th (although gaining a third), it will shave some money from what the rookies would make. Don't you guys worry about a thing. Our team is in good hands...[/quote]
If you get Smith down to about 5 million per year we could afford Briggs. But we would still have gaping holes in the secondary and at tackle.

Guest Tigris
[quote name='akiliMVP' post='458478' date='Mar 18 2007, 09:31 PM']If you get Smith down to about 5 million per year we could afford Briggs. But we would still have gaping holes in the secondary and at tackle.[/quote]
I'm working on things... I need some time. Things are stressful over here!! Justin just called. He said something along the lines of 30 million or something... I had to hang up on him.

Guest Tigris
Roger Goodell steps up to the podium:

"The Jacksonville Jaguars (eskimo) have just traded the #17 pick to the Cincinnati Bengals (Tigris) for the #49 pick and Justin Smith. The Bengals are now on the clock."

Guest Tigris
Cincinnati is entertaining trade offers for the #17 pick in the draft. Anyone interested, please let me know. If not, I will pick tonight sometime.

Guest Tigris

[quote name='akiliMVP' post='458518' date='Mar 18 2007, 11:17 PM']Yeah it kinda did...

It will still be mostly realistic at least.[/quote]
We'd done won the Super Bowl the past two seasons if I ran this thing...

:lol:

With the 18th pick of the 2007 NFL Draft, the Chicago Bears select: Lawrence Timmons, OLB, Florida State University.

The Bears make an immediate move to replace Briggs with the first of their two 1st round picks.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='458511' date='Mar 18 2007, 10:11 PM']This mock went from somewhat realistic to Maddenish real quick.[/quote]

These always turn out better when trades aren't allowed.

[quote name='TDB' post='458547' date='Mar 19 2007, 01:35 AM']With the 18th pick of the 2007 NFL Draft, the Chicago Bears select: Lawrence Timmons, OLB, Florida State University.

The Bears make an immediate move to replace Briggs with the first of their two 1st round picks.
These always turn out better when trades aren't allowed.[/quote]

I agree with the sentiment about the trades and vote that next time we do no trades. Or atleast no trades ivovling current players.

Guest Tigris
Sorry about the trades... I feel like I ruined it for everyone. They probably will not happen, but at least the trades weren't something like Briggs for a 4th rounder or Smith for the 2nd pick in the draft. Again, my bad.

"With the 20th pick in the 2007 NFL Draft, the New York Giants choose Levi Brown, T, Penn State."

Brown will replace Luke Petitgout on the Giants offensive line. The team is thrilled he fell to them in the 1st.

[quote name='Tigris' post='458774' date='Mar 19 2007, 01:18 PM']Sorry about the trades... I feel like I ruined it for everyone. They probably will not happen, but at least the trades weren't something like Briggs for a 4th rounder or Smith for the 2nd pick in the draft. Again, my bad.[/quote]

Nah, not at all. I don't believe anyone specified any distaste for trades before the draft began. Trades can kill the realism sometimes, but they at least make the draft interesting.

Guest Tigris
[quote name='Jamie_B' post='458633' date='Mar 19 2007, 09:56 AM']Didnt realize this, I picked the wrong Dwane. Ill edit my post.[/quote]
who'd you pick first?

So....... thejungle05 hasn't logged on to the site since March 2nd, which would be over 2 weeks ago. Who knows when the hell he will come back? Likely not soon. Do we really want to wait 48 hours for someone who very rarely visits the site and will likely not check it in the next 2 days? I for one vote that we wait 12 hours and make the pick for him.

[quote name='akiliMVP' post='458920' date='Mar 19 2007, 06:34 PM']So....... thejungle05 hasn't logged on to the site since March 2nd, which would be over 2 weeks ago. Who knows when the hell he will come back? Likely not soon. Do we really want to wait 48 hours for someone who very rarely visits the site and will likely not check it in the next 2 days? I for one vote that we wait 12 hours and make the pick for him.[/quote]
12 hour rule should be installed.

Hopefully this doesn't bite me in the ass with baseball.

Guest Tigris
[quote name='JC' post='458922' date='Mar 19 2007, 06:38 PM']12 hour rule should be installed.

Hopefully this doesn't bite me in the ass with baseball.[/quote]
you can pm someone a list of guys who you'd like to take if were there if it's going to be a serious problem... and they could help you out in your absence!

[quote name='akiliMVP' post='458925' date='Mar 19 2007, 05:43 PM']So his time is up at 1:15AM. Let the voting begin now, since he won't be on tonight.

I vote for Jarvis Moss. They need a lot of help on the line, and end is one of the most important pieces of a cover 2 defense.[/quote]

I second the vote for Jarvis Moss (the Broncos just cut Courtney Brown). Joe Staley might be another possibility.

Archived