The truth about Metallica

Ben

I can't stand most modern music. Modern rock and metal usually drive me crazy... they tend to be one of two annoying extremes: Noise and emotion. Modern vocalists make me want to take a sledgehammer to any radio in sight.

My favorite rock band of the last ten years or so is The Black Crowes. I'm a classic rock nerd, as is becoming a gradually growing trend among teenagers.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='460968' date='Mar 22 2007, 10:38 PM']Best Rock band out right now is Disturbed or Korn[/quote]

Disturbed is a amazing band...every CD they put out is good. If you want to get in a zone..listen to Disturbed

Korn has there songs..and then they have some shitty ones. Ya'll wanna single is a awesome song. I love it. One of there best. CBS used to always play a korn song when it got ready to start Bengals games...it has slipped my mind as of now. But if i remember i will come back.

I think the best bands out right now have to be Three Days Grace..(saw them in concert with Nickelback...they kick so much ass)

Smile Empty Soul Latest CD is amazing. One of the best i have ever heard. I plan on seeing them up in Colombus. If you ever want to listen to a good song...Here's to another. It is amazing. A little melo but it is probably my favorite song out right now.

Staind there last Cd wasn't bad but nothing compared to the past two. (Saw them in concert as well...i loved the atmosphere of the fans when they take the stage and how cool they were to the fans.)

Seether is very good...they need a new CD though. Last Cd has some very good songs.

Nine Inch Nails has a new CD coming out that im interested in maybe buying. They put good stuff out.

30 seconds to Mars has grew on me. They are pretty good. Im not really into the whole kinda emoish/rock shit. Even though i probably wouldn't put them in that category. Some might.

Cold- It's a shame they broke up. Every song they put out..i loved. There last CD wasn't as good as the past ones...but never the less they were always one of my favorites.

Oh yeah Fall out boy! ...just kidding ^_^ (they blow)

I never really got into the oldies...but i enjoy Aerosmith and Tesla. A matter of fact.. i love Tesla. I loved Metallicas black album too.

[quote name='Elflocko' post='461530' date='Mar 23 2007, 10:44 PM']Last saw Metallica at Thomas & Mack.

Never
Fucking
Again.
Worst rock show I've ever seen, and I had a girlfriend in high school drag me to a Stryper concert...[/quote]
Stryper :pointlaff:

I've seen Metallica 10x. The last time I saw them it was horrendous (94-95) Haven't bought an album or seen them since. When they started playing Four Horsemen with acoustic guitars, I up and left in the middle of the show :thumbsdown:

[quote name='CatScratchFever' post='461631' date='Mar 23 2007, 10:15 PM']What a sad state rock is in if that is true.[/quote]

Your telling me, most of it out now is just let me scream into the mic and not have any musical abilities.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='461645' date='Mar 23 2007, 10:33 PM']Your telling me, most of it out now is just let me scream into the mic and not have any musical abilities.[/quote]
I've said it before, but it bears repeating: There's plenty of great music out there, but none of it is on terrestrial radio.

Guest BengalBacker

I've never been a big fan of Metallica, but they were touring with Godsmack about two and a half years ago, and I do like Godsmack so I went.

With a few exceptions, Metallica sounded like they were playing the same song for two and a half hours. <_<

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='461702' date='Mar 24 2007, 03:13 AM']I've never been a big fan of Metallica, but they were touring with Godsmack about two and a half years ago, and I do like Godsmack so I went.

With a few exceptions, Metallica sounded like they were playing the same song for two and a half hours. <_<[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]Metallica > Pink Floyd[/b][/color]

:00000052:

Guest BengalBacker

[quote name='sneaky' post='461709' date='Mar 24 2007, 03:21 AM'][color="#FF0000"][b]Metallica > Pink Floyd[/b][/color]

:00000052:[/quote]

Now son, you need to stick to talking about people's mamas in your little rap game you like to play with the children. At least you know something about that.

:)

[quote]Cold- It's a shame they broke up. Every song they put out..i loved. There last CD wasn't as good as the past ones...but never the less they were always one of my favorites.[/quote]

:thumbsup: I agree with you on the last CD. 13 ways and self titled are some of the best albums ever to be written.

-E

[quote name='sneaky' post='461709' date='Mar 24 2007, 02:21 AM'][color="#FF0000"][b]Metallica > Pink Floyd[/b][/color]

:00000052:[/quote]

Floyd's #2 on my list behind Zeppelin, and Metallica is #3... and even that said I feel insulted!

[quote name='JC' post='461267' date='Mar 23 2007, 11:39 AM']Disturbed is a amazing band...every CD they put out is good. If you want to get in a zone..listen to Disturbed

Korn has there songs..and then they have some shitty ones. Ya'll wanna single is a awesome song. I love it. One of there best. CBS used to always play a korn song when it got ready to start Bengals games...it has slipped my mind as of now. But if i remember i will come back.

I think the best bands out right now have to be Three Days Grace..(saw them in concert with Nickelback...they kick so much ass)

Smile Empty Soul Latest CD is amazing. One of the best i have ever heard. I plan on seeing them up in Colombus. If you ever want to listen to a good song...Here's to another. It is amazing. A little melo but it is probably my favorite song out right now.

Staind there last Cd wasn't bad but nothing compared to the past two. (Saw them in concert as well...i loved the atmosphere of the fans when they take the stage and how cool they were to the fans.)

Seether is very good...they need a new CD though. Last Cd has some very good songs.

Nine Inch Nails has a new CD coming out that im interested in maybe buying. They put good stuff out.

30 seconds to Mars has grew on me. They are pretty good. Im not really into the whole kinda emoish/rock shit. Even though i probably wouldn't put them in that category. Some might.

Cold- It's a shame they broke up. Every song they put out..i loved. There last CD wasn't as good as the past ones...but never the less they were always one of my favorites.

Oh yeah Fall out boy! ...just kidding ^_^ (they blow)

I never really got into the oldies...but i enjoy Aerosmith and Tesla. A matter of fact.. i love Tesla. I loved Metallicas black album too.[/quote]

Megadeth has a new album coming out soon too--United Abominations.

[quote name='CatScratchFever' post='461666' date='Mar 23 2007, 10:00 PM']I've said it before, but it bears repeating: There's plenty of great music out there, but none of it is on terrestrial radio.[/quote]

Agree--but some of it is aboveground. Guys, there's always been terrible music--masterpieces are few and far between. But they are all that is remembered. Of course, some eras had more masterpieces than others. I think it's safe to say we are in a decadent age musically speaking.

[quote name='Actium' post='461793' date='Mar 24 2007, 12:15 PM']Megadeth has a new album coming out soon too--United Abominations.[/quote]
Which reminds me to ask you if your avitar is from the Rust in Peace cover? That was a classic album, and I say that as someone who isn't a Megadeth fan.

[quote name='ChicagoBengal' post='461797' date='Mar 24 2007, 12:34 PM']Which reminds me to ask you if your avitar is from the Rust in Peace cover? That was a classic album, and I say that as someone who isn't a Megadeth fan.[/quote]

Yes, it is. I took it off of a website devoted to Vic Rattlehead.

[quote name='JC' post='461267' date='Mar 23 2007, 12:39 PM']I never really got into the oldies...but i enjoy Aerosmith and Tesla. A matter of fact.. i love Tesla. I loved Metallicas black album too.[/quote]
Oldies???!!! Aerosmith and Tesla are oldies???!!! Shit, man, oldies are what my parents listened to in the 50's. We thirty-somethings prefer to call the music we grew up with "classic rock". Thank you very much.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='459404' date='Mar 20 2007, 05:40 PM']His silence in response to your question is deafening. We may also be at risk simply for viewing this picture!
<<checks mail for RCAA subpoena>>
<<runs>>[/quote]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]

I don't know why but I found that particularly funny...I got a good laugh..thank you!

[quote name='CatScratchFever' post='461811' date='Mar 24 2007, 01:08 PM']Oldies???!!! Aerosmith and Tesla are oldies???!!! Shit, man, oldies are what my parents listened to in the 50's. We thirty-somethings prefer to call the music we grew up with "classic rock". Thank you very much.[/quote]
It's funny...I don't like refering to Tesla as "classic rock". I always thought of Zeppelin, Doors, Floyd, etc...as "classic" when I was younger. Tesla was one of my current bands back in the day - still love 'em, btw - so calling them classic makes me feel really fucking old.

[quote name='ChicagoBengal' post='462086' date='Mar 25 2007, 11:55 AM']It's funny...I don't like refering to Tesla as "classic rock". I always thought of Zeppelin, Doors, Floyd, etc...as "classic" when I was younger. Tesla was one of my current bands back in the day - still love 'em, btw - so calling them classic makes me feel really fucking old.[/quote]
I feel the same way, but I'm willing to concede to calling Tesla and the like "classic". Sure as hell sounds better than oldies. Not knocking the real oldies, mind you. I love me some doo-wop, too.

Archived