The truth about Metallica

Ben

[quote name='Ben' post='459376' date='Mar 20 2007, 03:42 PM'][img]http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/5523/motivator2610475qy6.jpg[/img][/quote]

Whoa there! Do you have Metallica, Inc's written permission to use their likeness in a photograph?

[quote name='Actium' post='459379' date='Mar 20 2007, 02:49 PM']Whoa there! Do you have Metallica, Inc's written permission to use their likeness in a photograph?[/quote]
His silence in response to your question is deafening. We may also be at risk simply for viewing this picture!
<<checks mail for RCAA subpoena>>
<<runs>>

[quote name='akiliMVP' post='459408' date='Mar 20 2007, 03:47 PM']Their older stuff is great. Load and Re-Load are okay, but St. Anger is fucking terrible.[/quote]
I think everything since the "black" album pretty much blows chowder.

Believe it or not I was personally responsible for Metallica playing at Rupp Arena about 7-8 years ago, I took my 2 teenage daughters and a buddy I had 10 total floor seats and sold the other 6 for $480 :)

Long story but they tried to fuck us after they cancelled a show at the Kentucky Speedway, they tried to have the show at Buckeye Lake but I fought it actually filing a complaint with the Attorney General in which the promoter was told to either move the show closer to the original venue or refund my money, you would think they would just refund my money but I found out if he refunded my money then he would have had to refund everyones money so they just moved the show. The promoter actually called me and asked if Rupp would work.

Metallica probably hated me but my daughters 13-14 years old thought I was father of the year ;)

I saw them in a warehouse in 1991 while I was a soldier stationed in Germany, along with Dio and John Bonham's sons' band. I was drinking liquor from a wineskin with native Germans and had a great time. It was quite a scene, both inside and out.
They opened with "Seek And Destroy", and it was all uphill from there.
It was the last metal concert that I ever went to, and it was the last metal concert that I "needed" to go to.

Guest steggyD

[quote name='Storm' post='459449' date='Mar 20 2007, 07:32 PM']Believe it or not I was personally responsible for Metallica playing at Rupp Arena about 7-8 years ago, I took my 2 teenage daughters and a buddy I had 10 total floor seats and sold the other 6 for $480 :)
Long story but they tried to fuck us after they cancelled a show at the Kentucky Speedway, they tried to have the show at Buckeye Lake but I fought it actually filing a complaint with the Attorney General in which the promoter was told to either move the show closer to the original venue or refund my money, you would think they would just refund my money but I found out if he refunded my money then he would have had to refund everyones money so they just moved the show. The promoter actually called me and asked if Rupp would work.
Metallica probably hated me but my daughters 13-14 years old thought I was father of the year ;)[/quote]
:049: :rockon:
I was at both of those shows. Good job at getting them back in Lexington. I was living in Lexington at that time, and hated the idea of going to Ohio for the show.

Oh, and technically, the show was not cancelled; it was Metallica minus James. Besides, I enjoyed the rest of the show at the Speedway, with Korn and System playing. That was the first I heard of System, and fell in love with them instantly.

[quote name='akiliMVP' post='459408' date='Mar 20 2007, 05:47 PM']Their older stuff is great. Load and Re-Load are okay, but St. Anger is fucking terrible.[/quote]

There were two songs on St. Anger that I liked (St. Anger and Frantic) and the rest did indeed suck. So much so that at Sanatarium a few years ago around the St. Anger time, that was the only song they played and the rest was their old stuff.

[quote name='steggyD' post='459525' date='Mar 21 2007, 01:27 AM']:049: :rockon:
I was at both of those shows. Good job at getting them back in Lexington. I was living in Lexington at that time, and hated the idea of going to Ohio for the show.

Oh, and technically, the show was not cancelled; it was Metallica minus James. Besides, I enjoyed the rest of the show at the Speedway, with Korn and System playing. That was the first I heard of System, and fell in love with them instantly.[/quote]

Yeah I know, when I seen that there were signs that said don't throw away your ticket stubs I knew something was up, I picked up every stub I seen on the ground and ended up with 10 total, believe it or not the guy we rode with got mad and left when he heard Hetfield wasn't playing, I remember having the worst sunburn ever from waiting in line to get in but it ended up being worth it.

At the time I was a storage manager and had lots of free time during the day so I called everyone I could on a daily basis trying to get something done, I figured they would give me a refund on my 10 tickets but I eneded up with a better deal.

At the Rupp show we ended up in the first row on the floor but then had to retreat because of my daughters and the impending danger from the mosh pit atmosphere

I hate most heavy metal, but I love Metallica. Reload and St. Anger were crap, but the rest seemed bearable. The Black Album and Load were both pretty generic though.

The other big albums are great though. Ride the Lightning is in my top ten.

[quote name='TDB' post='460782' date='Mar 22 2007, 09:20 PM']I hate most heavy metal, but I love Metallica. Reload and St. Anger were crap, but the rest seemed bearable. The Black Album and Load were both pretty generic though.

The other big albums are great though. Ride the Lightning is in my top ten.[/quote]
[img]http://www.rockdetector.com/assets/img/covers/23505.jpg[/img]

I love Ride the Lightning, but this is my favorite. Too bad they suck now. :thumbsdown:

The best thing they've done in the past 15 years is fire Bob Rock as producer. I think he neurtered them in the name of being more "radio friendly". Perhaps with Rick Ruben, they'll reach into the "way back machine" and find some of that fire that made them unique.

Unfortunately, James, Kirk and Lars are all fucking whiney ass headcases now. "Some Kind of Monster" was just a sad, sad documentary. I mean, do they really expect me to feel sorry for MULTI millionaires? Seriously...suck it up, play your guitar and keep your "problems" to yourself.

Archived