FF: Go-Bengals Free Yahoo Fantasy Football League

Hey guys, decided to get the ball rolling as yahoo has started sign-ups for leagues. This is a free league with a live draft Sunday Aug 19. League info below, only 12 teams, so sign up now.

[url="http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/gobengals"]http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/gobengals[/url]

League ID: 40544
Password: bengals

I forgot to add this before, but i did take some liberties to adjust scoring and rosters a little higher and deeper than the yahoo defaults, so this should be a competitive and fun league this year. Please check it out when you sign up, there are a few little surprises in there that i did not know were available.

sorry to tell you guys but yahoo fantasy sucks ass!! i will never join their league again. not cause i lost, but you can't see your live stats till monday unless you pay like $12 bucks or something. no offense phish but yahoo sucks. you should try nfl.com it free and it's way funner or cbssportsline.com .

[quote name='Rumble in the Jungle' post='498169' date='Jun 9 2007, 06:13 PM']sorry to tell you guys but yahoo fantasy sucks ass!! i will never join their league again. not cause i lost, but you can't see your live stats till monday unless you pay like $12 bucks or something. no offense phish but yahoo sucks. you should try nfl.com it free and it's way funner or cbssportsline.com .[/quote]

Agree 100%. I have a good friend that started a Yahoo league last year and I was pissed that you had to pay money to get up to date stats in a "free" league. NFL.com I believe gives you the same thing for...FREE! It would be well worth it to switch since it is still so far away.

[quote name='Memphis_Bengal' post='498204' date='Jun 9 2007, 07:55 PM']Agree 100%. I have a good friend that started a Yahoo league last year and I was pissed that you had to pay money to get up to date stats in a "free" league. NFL.com I believe gives you the same thing for...FREE! It would be well worth it to switch since it is still so far away.[/quote]

seriously guys its 5 bucks for live stats, not too much to pay IMO, second, there was a poll in the draft and fantasy forum and people voted and yahoo was the overwhelming favorite. Thats why i started with yahoo. Anyone is more than welcome to create multiple leagues on different sites. I'm sure there are more than 12 people that want in a league on here and i know i would join another one on another site, so its really no big deal guys.

I also adjusted the bench from 8 to 7 to make it a bit more competitive, i was torn between the two and with the suggestion made, i decided to take it down 1.

[quote name='Phish' post='498213' date='Jun 9 2007, 09:10 PM']seriously guys its 5 bucks for live stats, not too much to pay IMO, second, there was a poll in the draft and fantasy forum and people voted and yahoo was the overwhelming favorite. Thats why i started with yahoo. Anyone is more than welcome to create multiple leagues on different sites. I'm sure there are more than 12 people that want in a league on here and i know i would join another one on another site, so its really no big deal guys.

I also adjusted the bench from 8 to 7 to make it a bit more competitive, i was torn between the two and with the suggestion made, i decided to take it down 1.[/quote]

Phish, just giving you my two cents thats all :D but you should join another league through nfl.com or cbssportsline.com and let me and memphis know which one you honestly like better. been doing this for 5 years now or so and i've almost tried them all, and yahoo is at the very bottom of my list :thumbsdown:

[quote name='Rumble in the Jungle' post='498218' date='Jun 9 2007, 08:14 PM']Phish, just giving you my two cents thats all :D but you should join another league through nfl.com or cbssportsline.com and let me and memphis know which one you honestly like better. been doing this for 5 years now or so and i've almost tried them all, and yahoo is at the very bottom of my list :thumbsdown:[/quote]

ive played yahoo the last few years and honestly don't mind it, ive done espn as well and i know cds sportsline is good too. I'll probably start another league there too, but i like playing a few teams on different sites every year.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='498226' date='Jun 9 2007, 08:21 PM']Shit, I was going to join, but, as always, i cannot do a live draft because I always seem to have to work when it's scheduled...
I guess it's back to playing against people I don't know with an automated draft...[/quote]

I tried to accomodate most by doing a sunday, i would have picked evening but all the good times were taken already

[quote name='Bunghole' post='498257' date='Jun 9 2007, 11:09 PM']So what happens if you sign on to a league with a live draft and you can't be present? Is there a time limit whereby the computer would simply select your pick for you?[/quote]

yeah, it will take the top ranked player on the board i think. I really hope everyone can do their best to be at the draft, no shows do cause problems with that auto pick, unless you set your player rankings before hand, which works well if you cant be there.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='498257' date='Jun 10 2007, 04:09 AM']So what happens if you sign on to a league with a live draft and you can't be present? Is there a time limit whereby the computer would simply select your pick for you?[/quote]

Rank some players Bung!! I like doing it but I'm not that great with it...It seems like
everytime I get into a league I can't make the draft so I pre-rank a bunch of players...
I had a decent team last year...

hope others start more leagues...I'll get in...I liked the Yahoo leagues...just for fun

[quote name='Farbeyonddriven' post='498533' date='Jun 11 2007, 09:58 AM']Blah! league is full! :angry:

Maybe I'll start one.
-E[/quote]
Wait until late July / mid-August. Otherwise, you get 12 people to sign up, nothing happens for the next month and a half and 2-3 will have forgotten / won't give a shit about it when the time comes. Then you end up with those teams basically being "byes" for the team that is playing them. You'll have all the interest you can stand if you wait until the buzz starts up. I'd like to get into one but only when all 12 teams are being worked and rosters updated, etc. Gets kind of stupid when 7-8 teams are trying and the others aren't.

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' post='498550' date='Jun 11 2007, 11:18 AM']Wait until late July / mid-August. Otherwise, you get 12 people to sign up, nothing happens for the next month and a half and 2-3 will have forgotten / won't give a shit about it when the time comes.[/quote]

Yeah I actually was ready to start one, then the same thought occured to me. So yeah I am gonna wait.

-E

Archived