Skip Prosser dies of apparent heart attack

I was just going to post this off of ESPN.

If anyone else has any more sad, shocking news, please wait until tomorrow to post. I've had enough for one day.

[url="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2950229"]http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2950229[/url]

[quote name='Hooky' post='516901' date='Jul 26 2007, 02:29 PM']I've talked to him 2 or 3 times, very friendly. I had a knack for running into him. We both used to frequent Hap's in Hyde Park. He liked having a pint there after practice and games.[/quote]
I used to hang out at Hap's all the time during his tenure at Xavier and I had also met him there a couple times (one time on St Patrick's Day he was outrageously buzzed).
I worked at the old Pasta Al Dente right around the bend from Hap's...

RIP Skip....

[quote name='Bunghole' post='516942' date='Jul 26 2007, 05:00 PM']I used to hang out at Hap's all the time during his tenure at Xavier and I had also met him there a couple times (one time on St Patrick's Day he was outrageously buzzed).
I worked at the old Pasta Al Dente right around the bend from Hap's...

RIP Skip....[/quote]

And RIP Pasta Al Dente. I loved that place.

[quote name='Hooky' post='516946' date='Jul 26 2007, 03:03 PM']And RIP Pasta Al Dente. I loved that place.[/quote]
Yeah that place brings back some memories. I waited tables and cooked there after i got out of the Army before/during college. I had a good friendship with Mr Washington, the pasta maker in the booth in the center of the dining room.
That place was poorly run though, and the basement was infested with roaches as it was such an old building.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='517205' date='Jul 27 2007, 12:28 AM']RIP Skip

i almost cried when my dad text and told me this today. he was one of my favorite guys that ive ever met. i went to his basketball camp for multiple years and saw him at kenwood and tri county malls various times. VERY sad day.[/quote]

Were you with Pete Rose when you saw him at the mall?

:P

Archived