WITHIN 72 HOURS I WILL BE OWNING ALL YOU HOES

ONYX

[quote name='mongo' post='527349' date='Aug 13 2007, 10:25 PM']oh really? are they all doing midnight release parties?[/quote]

yes. hell even blockbusters video department does one. i have gift cards for best buy, but i dont think they are doing anything. so i will wait till tomorrow i think.

but every gamestop, etc is all having a midnight sale.

[quote name='Tigris' post='527378' date='Aug 13 2007, 11:35 PM']sneaky... perhaps you can take me on 08. lord knows you still havent touched me in 07.

:P[/quote]

<_<

[color="#FF0000"][b]I just got back home from Gamestop. Go is right, you didn't have to reserve shit. Was about
60-70 people in line waiting.......the line moved fairly quickly though.[/b][/color]

[quote name='GoBengals' post='527375' date='Aug 13 2007, 11:31 PM']most all of them say reservation only... have been for weeks, cause they want your money, even at this point, they want your $5 on it, everyone of them will sell you one. there is zero scarcity.[/quote]
what do they get out of the 5 dollar reserve?

[quote name='sneaky' post='527391' date='Aug 14 2007, 12:45 AM']<_<

[color="#FF0000"][b]I just got back home from Gamestop. Go is right, you didn't have to reserve shit. Was about
60-70 people in line waiting.......the line moved fairly quickly though.[/b][/color][/quote]
what gamestop did u go to? the one i went to only had 20 or so people. i got some pizza, pop and a goodie bag :)

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='527399' date='Aug 14 2007, 01:40 AM']what do they get out of the 5 dollar reserve?
what gamestop did u go to? the one i went to only had 20 or so people. i got some pizza, pop and a goodie bag :)[/quote]

a guarantee that your spending $60 there. your not gonna put down $5 then go buy it somewhere else.

20 people x 60 = $1,200 for 45 minutes work. certainly not all profit, but revenue is revenue.

[quote name='sois' post='527402' date='Aug 14 2007, 01:44 AM']Was there pizza at the release parties?[/quote]

i know most of the gamestops were ordering pizzas. according to one of the two a block from eachother in mason. i didnt go to any.. gotta use my bestbuy gift cards in the morning...

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='527399' date='Aug 14 2007, 01:40 AM']what do they get out of the 5 dollar reserve?
what gamestop did u go to? the one i went to only had 20 or so people. i got some pizza, pop and a goodie bag :)[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]I went to the Gamestop across the street from Northgate Mall. No pizzas, just
a bag with samples of AXE deodorant and a can of energy juice......I would have preferred some pizza.

-_- [/b][/color]

[quote name='sneaky' post='527409' date='Aug 14 2007, 03:38 AM'][color="#FF0000"][b]I went to the Gamestop across the street from Northgate Mall. No pizzas, just
a bag with samples of AXE deodorant and a can of energy juice......I would have preferred some pizza.

-_- [/b][/color][/quote]
damn man. i was at the gamestop down the street by dicks sporting goods. we had pizza and the samples and stuff. good samples :) it woulda been badass if u were there. i had a blast waiting out front. except for 1 guy everyone was talking a lot and funny as hell.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='527401' date='Aug 14 2007, 06:42 AM']a guarantee that your spending $60 there. your not gonna put down $5 then go buy it somewhere else.

20 people x 60 = $1,200 for 45 minutes work. certainly not all profit, but revenue is revenue.[/quote]
It's a nice profit on the games. They don't make shit on the hardware. I dunno about the 360, but on the original xbox, when it sold @ retail for 199, the wholesale cost was $195 :o

They make about 40% on the games, if I remember right. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//26.gif[/img]

I went to the GameStop in Kenwood on Montgomery Road and there were about 50 people there. The reserve a copy line is crap because they had two separate lines - one for reserved prepays and the other for walkups. There was a Madden tournament going on in the parking lot.

What's this shit about pizza?????? I didn't get any god damn pizza!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='Who Dey Time' post='527529' date='Aug 14 2007, 05:43 PM']I went to the GameStop in Kenwood on Montgomery Road and there were about 50 people there. The reserve a copy line is crap because they had two separate lines - one for reserved prepays and the other for walkups. There was a Madden tournament going on in the parking lot.

What's this shit about pizza?????? I didn't get any god damn pizza!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]
Quit yer bitchin. I have no copy of Madden 08, and I couldn't drive to Marions pizza if I wanted to :glare:

[quote name='sneaky' post='527391' date='Aug 14 2007, 12:45 AM']<_<

60-70 people in line waiting.......the line moved fairly quickly though.[/b][/color][/quote]
I got mine today around 4:00 or so... they still had plenty (i think it was a gamestop).

Also, I suck at it so far. I'm not doing too hot. Too many controls anymore... too much shit going on. I don't like it so far.

[quote]Also, I suck at it so far. I'm not doing too hot. Too many controls anymore... too much shit going on. I don't like it so far.[/quote]

I totally agree. I'm on the verge of throwing mine out the window...or throwing it onto eBay, or wherever I can get something back for it.

[quote name='Tigris' post='527795' date='Aug 14 2007, 10:32 PM']Also, I suck at it so far. I'm not doing too hot. Too many controls anymore... too much shit going on. I don't like it so far.[/quote]

[quote name='DAngerer09' post='527823' date='Aug 14 2007, 11:14 PM']I totally agree. I'm on the verge of throwing mine out the window...or throwing it onto eBay, or wherever I can get something back for it.[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]So just because you have not mastered the game within 24 hours, you dont like it?

There is a lot to learn in 2008 but at least I will give EA credit for not just recycling 2007
instead.

Man up and take your lumps guys, when you become better, you will appreciate the game more.[/b][/color]

[quote name='ONYX' post='527409' date='Aug 14 2007, 03:38 AM'][color="#FF0000"][b]I went to the Gamestop across the street from Northgate Mall. No pizzas, just

-_- [/b][/color][/quote]

i heard they gave out goodie bags by "need" so if your a stinky crackhead you get juice and deodorant.

[quote name='WhoDeyUK' post='527413' date='Aug 14 2007, 04:46 AM']It's a nice profit on the games. They don't make shit on the hardware. I dunno about the 360, but on the original xbox, when it sold @ retail for 199, the wholesale cost was $195 :o

They make about 40% on the games, if I remember right. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//26.gif[/img][/quote]

from what i was told at best buy the games have little profit to the retailer, to360 and the developers im sure its outstanding. but the stores make little i think.

[quote name='ONYX' post='527880' date='Aug 15 2007, 04:06 AM'][color="#FF0000"][b]So just because you have not mastered the game within 24 hours, you dont like it?

There is a lot to learn in 2008 but at least I will give EA credit for not just recycling 2007
instead.

Man up and take your lumps guys, when you become better, you will appreciate the game more.[/b][/color][/quote]

yea, buncha girls. ncaa seems like madden 07 with a few new things, madden 08 is significantly better than 07 it seems. i love the hafltime show where you can pick and watch highlights... very cool game... for the one game i played so far.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='528300' date='Aug 15 2007, 07:11 PM']all this talk is making it really hard to keep up my vigial....
you bastards :shakesfist:[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]Jamie, I have given this much thought. I think you should continue your protest of Madden because I
value our friendship very much. If you were to get Madden and play me, I fear that the ass whoopin'
you'd receive from me, could possibly ruin our friendship. I just do not want to take that chance. -_-

Stay strong, my brother.[/b][/color]

[quote name='GoBengals' post='528296' date='Aug 15 2007, 07:08 PM']i heard they gave out goodie bags by "need" so if your a stinky crackhead you get juice and deodorant.[/quote]

<_<

[color="#FF0000"][b]Dont make me beat that ass in Madden...................................again.[/b][/color]

[quote name='ONYX' post='528368' date='Aug 15 2007, 09:02 PM'][color="#FF0000"][b]Jamie, I have given this much thought. I think you should continue your protest of Madden because I
value our friendship very much. If you were to get Madden and play me, I fear that the ass whoopin'
you'd receive from me, could possibly ruin our friendship. I just do not want to take that chance. -_-

Stay strong, my brother.[/b][/color]
<_<

[color="#FF0000"][b]Dont make me beat that ass in Madden...................................again.[/b][/color][/quote]

if i had paid my bills and had internet service it would be ON..

i rigged two tv swith bootleg time warner so i wonder if my modem will work on those lines... ill try it tonight...

mothertrucker.

[quote name='ONYX' post='528368' date='Aug 15 2007, 09:02 PM'][color="#FF0000"][b]Jamie, I have given this much thought. I think you should continue your protest of Madden because I

Stay strong, my brother.[/b][/color][/quote]

<_<

[quote name='GoBengals' post='528296' date='Aug 15 2007, 07:08 PM']i heard they gave out goodie bags by "need" so if your a stinky crackhead you get juice and deodorant.
from what i was told at best buy the games have little profit to the retailer, to360 and the developers im sure its outstanding. but the stores make little i think.
yea, buncha girls. ncaa seems like madden 07 with a few new things, madden 08 is significantly better than 07 it seems. i love the hafltime show where you can pick and watch highlights... very cool game... for the one game i played so far.[/quote]
when i worked at biggs i could get in the computer and see what they paid for games. when i went thru some of the games for the regular xbox, they paid 45.99 or 46.99 usually for games that were sold for 49.99. For the 360 they paid anywhere from 45.99 to 57.99 for games that run 59.99.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='528300' date='Aug 15 2007, 07:11 PM']all this talk is making it really hard to keep up my vigial....
you bastards :shakesfist:[/quote]
you are a douchebag for protesting. it was the NFLs fault, not EAs. you should be protesting the NFL in general, not EA. quit being a little ho and buy the game so i can bitch slap your ass in a game.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='528458' date='Aug 15 2007, 11:18 PM']when i worked at biggs i could get in the computer and see what they paid for games. when i went thru some of the games for the regular xbox, they paid 45.99 or 46.99 usually for games that were sold for 49.99. For the 360 they paid anywhere from 45.99 to 57.99 for games that run 59.99.
you are a douchebag for protesting. it was the NFLs fault, not EAs. you should be protesting the NFL in general, not EA. quit being a little ho and buy the game so i can bitch slap your ass in a game.[/quote]

:363:

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='528458' date='Aug 15 2007, 11:18 PM']when i worked at biggs i could get in the computer and see what they paid for games. when i went thru some of the games for the regular xbox, they paid 45.99 or 46.99 usually for games that were sold for 49.99. For the 360 they paid anywhere from 45.99 to 57.99 for games that run 59.99.
you are a douchebag for protesting. it was the NFLs fault, not EAs. you should be protesting the NFL in general, not EA. quit being a little ho and buy the game so i can bitch slap your ass in a game.[/quote]

was that before or after you made $50,000 delivering pizzas part time?

Archived