Anyone get the red eye?

Tigris

And did you send it in to them to check out? I just did and was wondering when I was going to get that fucker back. How long did it take for you?

It's been broken for about a week and a half or so... and gone for about 2 days. It's killing me. I even miss looking at the broken box.

Sorry for your luck. I keep all sorts of different gaming entertainment on hand, just in case. PC, Wii, DS, XBox, Playstation... I even have my Genesis, NES, Colecovision, Atari, and Pong. (Not sure what happened to my N64 though. That kind of ticks me off).

I gave my PS2 to my sister... which by now has probably been sold for crack.

I wish my Nintendo worked... it's in my room. It worked about a year and ahalf ago and tried to start it back up a few months ago and it never worked... dont know what went wrong with it.

[quote name='whodey319' post='537305' date='Aug 30 2007, 10:24 PM']i got it the first time i turned it on and got my money back. Probably get one from my wife at xmas time.[/quote]
now that sucks... i couldnt imagine how excited you were and then everything crashed.

madden does it. madden is the devil. when i put madden in, it started fucking up on me

I got Madden 08 today (released today in the UK).

Got halfway through the first half against the Ravens, colours turned posterised then all graphics ceased. Now if I turn it on I have no red ring of death, but also no graphics either. Just sound. Tried different leads and different inputs on the TV.

Played my 360 for months without a hitch. Ten minutes of Madden and it was dead.

Grrr.
VB

[quote name='VonBlade' post='537558' date='Aug 31 2007, 07:53 PM']I got Madden 08 today (released today in the UK).

Got halfway through the first half against the Ravens, colours turned posterised then all graphics ceased. Now if I turn it on I have no red ring of death, but also no graphics either. Just sound. Tried different leads and different inputs on the TV.

Played my 360 for months without a hitch. Ten minutes of Madden and it was dead.

Grrr.
VB[/quote]
:o

This confirms it- no chance in hell I'll be buying a 360 for at least another 6-8 months. Maybe by then they'll have the problems fixed, and/or the bad/old units off the shelf.

What a fucking shame.

[quote name='VonBlade' post='537558' date='Aug 31 2007, 02:53 PM']I got Madden 08 today (released today in the UK).

Grrr.
VB[/quote]

Listen to this shit... on Madden 07 I would play, and never before have any major problems (maybe a lock up here or there every few months, no big deal)... then I would play AT pissburgh and the game would keep locking up on me and not even get to where I could play. It would just load for hours. Sometimes in the games it would do that view of the stadium where it shows everything and keep doing that and not go back to where I could play the game again. It would do that sometimes at halftime, in between quarters, and sometimes in between plays. I didn't know why.

I then got the new Madden, Madden 08. Probably my third game or so I get this mesh red and black shit all over my screen. I shut it off, turn it back on and get the red eye... I turn it off and then back on, and then the fucking red eye stares me down again.

I had no problems in between last year's Madden and this year's Madden. None at all besides maybe 3 lockups, which is managable.

[quote name='WhoDeyUK' post='537596' date='Aug 31 2007, 04:12 PM']:o

This confirms it- no chance in hell I'll be buying a 360 for at least another 6-8 months. Maybe by then they'll have the problems fixed, and/or the bad/old units off the shelf.

What a fucking shame.[/quote]

It's just Madden, I think. I swear - it's the devil. It takes up all your time and only pisses you off. And then you get into a pissing match with your friends over who knows the game better... I swear, I may just hang up the cleats and not play it again. I was good at last years, and I think I want to go out on top.

[quote name='Tigris' post='537604' date='Aug 31 2007, 09:24 PM']It's just Madden, I think. I swear - it's the devil. It takes up all your time and only pisses you off. And then you get into a pissing match with your friends over who knows the game better... I swear, I may just hang up the cleats and not play it again. I was good at last years, and I think I want to go out on top.[/quote]
That's all I need to know right there. The only 2 games I play with any regularity at all are Madden and NCAA football. I don't care much for FPS, RPGs are better on the PC. And I wouldn't play GTA if you paid me. I find it disgraceful.

So I guess there are 2 benefits to owning a PS3. The fact that it doesn't self destruct trying to play Madden, and of course...

Bluray!!!!!!!!!11111111111 (Hi Go :wave: [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img])

[quote name='WhoDeyUK' post='537596' date='Aug 31 2007, 09:12 PM']:o

What a fucking shame.[/quote]

Being the pauper that I am I got a first release unit second hand. If you get either an Elite, or the new Premium that has the HDMI logo on it, they've got the Elite innards with the new cooler architecture, so problems are solved.

Although I agree Madden is hellish. The only thing I got disk-read errors on, and now this. Anyone want a brick??
VB

[quote name='StringCheese' post='541935' date='Sep 7 2007, 03:26 PM']I just sent mine in about 10 days ago. My brother has gone through 4 of them. He said the longest he has waited is 21 days. Hopefully it won't take that long. I am jones'n for some Call of Duty.[/quote]
i think it's been a couple weeks for me... im freaking out too

• 2 weeks later...
It took forever, but I finally got it back. It looks brand new and runs perfectly. When I sent mine off I had a stain on the side of it and it's not there anymore... there is also a new sticker over the door and it doesn't stick like it used to.

Brand new system? Is that possible? Anyways... I'm glad to be back.

I already played a game of Gears and am heading to the rental store for something else. If BioShock isn't there... I'm playing Madden all day.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='554124' date='Sep 22 2007, 12:53 PM']DOWNLOAD COD4! its the best game ever.[/quote]
oh shit. i forgot that was out. all right, i will tonight. i think i am going out for a while so ill download it while im gone and should be good to go when i get back

played bioshock? i played the demo, which was cool. awesome graphics so far.

[quote name='Tigris' post='554186' date='Sep 22 2007, 02:19 PM']oh shit. i forgot that was out. all right, i will tonight. i think i am going out for a while so ill download it while im gone and should be good to go when i get back

played bioshock? i played the demo, which was cool. awesome graphics so far.[/quote]
ya i bought that on release day. its cool. i havent played it in a while tho cuz of COD4 and a little madden lately.

[quote name='Tigris' post='554121' date='Sep 22 2007, 12:47 PM']It took forever, but I finally got it back. It looks brand new and runs perfectly. When I sent mine off I had a stain on the side of it and it's not there anymore... there is also a new sticker over the door and it doesn't stick like it used to.

Brand new system? Is that possible? Anyways... I'm glad to be back.

I already played a game of Gears and am heading to the rental store for something else. If BioShock isn't there... I'm playing Madden all day.[/quote]

i would assume they check the old system for water damage or breakage and just ship a new unit, the cost in having someone troubleshoot, repair, parts, labor, etc, would easily mount up close to the cost of a new machine, so why risk it rebreaking or having issue #2, just give out the new :fixed: one... so thats cool, good its working for you and got it back/..

what was the total wait time?

[quote name='Tigris' post='554404' date='Sep 22 2007, 11:24 PM']it's not showing up under game demos[/quote]

i think he started a thread about that game, and you have to go to some site, register, and hopefully get a code, then go to xbox live and enter the code.. then download... or something...

Archived