New Orleans Saints at Indianapolis Colts

I had Reggie Bush going tonight. My opponent had Marvin Harrison...do the math. On the Bright Side, my brother had Reggie Wayne AND Joseph Addai going.

Now as far as the game itself, New Orleans' D is from now on the Charmin D because it's shitty and squeezably soft. On top of that, their offense was totally flat tonight, although I think that was an abberation more than anything else.

The Colts D will probably give up significantly more yards to a more pedestrian offensive team like Houston, but they were hitting hard tonight and they took advantage of the Saints seemingly lackluster attitude.

"WHO-DAT"? Why, it's Reggie Wayne running ten yards behind your prized defensive back signing.

[quote name='ChicagoBengal' post='541661' date='Sep 6 2007, 10:58 PM']I had Reggie Bush going tonight. My opponent had Marvin Harrison...do the math. On the Bright Side, my brother had Reggie Wayne AND Joseph Addai going.

Now as far as the game itself, New Orleans' D is from now on the Charmin D because it's shitty and squeezably soft. On top of that, their offense was totally flat tonight, although I think that was an abberation more than anything else.

The Colts D will probably give up significantly more yards to a more pedestrian offensive team like Houston, but they were hitting hard tonight and they took advantage of the Saints seemingly lackluster attitude.

"WHO-DAT"? Why, it's Reggie Wayne running ten yards behind your prized defensive back signing.[/quote]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]

Brilliant

I can't believe after all that build-up, the Saints tapped out. And they did. Not going for it on 4th and 1 down by 17? Not fighting for every inch to get the 1st down? Dancing first downs away? Pitiful.

[quote name='Actium' post='541662' date='Sep 7 2007, 12:04 AM'][img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]

Brilliant

I can't believe after all that build-up, the Saints tapped out. And they did. Not going for it on 4th and 1 down by 17? Not fighting for every inch to get the 1st down? Dancing first downs away? Pitiful.[/quote]
I didn't care what happened... but I was rooting for the Saints. It was just nice to see some real football that meant something.

It was just nice seeing the best QB in the NFL at work again last night. That freakin offense is amazing... 10-10 halftime, 2 colts possessions into the 3rd quarter - adios. 24-10 it was all over but the crying.

I can't wait until Palmer gets the field awareness / savvy that Manning has. He has everything else - just needs the time in. I have every belief that he'll be like Manning is today in about 3-4 years.

The Colts are laughing their ass off that the Saints grabbed up Jason David and it seemed like Manning knew all his weaknesses because I know at least two of the TD throws were against him and possibly 3. Not sure about Harrison's long catch where he was tackled just shy of the endzone to start the second half.

It is nice to see real football back again. Nice to see Manning winning again. My two favorite NFL teams Bengals and Colts. Now we just need a victory Monday night and this weekend will have been a mighty success!!!

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' post='541723' date='Sep 7 2007, 08:54 AM']It was just nice seeing the best QB in the NFL at work again last night. That freakin offense is amazing... 10-10 halftime, 2 colts possessions into the 3rd quarter - adios. 24-10 it was all over but the crying.

I can't wait until Palmer gets the field awareness / savvy that Manning has. He has everything else - just needs the time in. I have every belief that he'll be like Manning is today in about 3-4 years.

[b]The Colts are laughing their ass off that the Saints grabbed up Jason David and it seemed like Manning knew all his weaknesses because I know at least two of the TD throws were against him and possibly 3. Not sure about Harrison's long catch where he was tackled just shy of the endzone to start the second half.[/b]

It is nice to see real football back again. Nice to see Manning winning again. My two favorite NFL teams Bengals and Colts. Now we just need a victory Monday night and this weekend will have been a mighty success!!![/quote]

That was quite comical when they showed that one stat about him thrown at like 8 times and 6 receptions or something.The one announcer said that was more like a receivers stats.I agree .all Palmer needs to compare with Manning is field awareness.Hopefully it comes a little sooner than the 3-4 years though.Palmer seems to be a real hard worker and studier ,he'll get there for sure.

[quote name='schotzee' post='541728' date='Sep 7 2007, 09:05 AM']That was quite comical when they showed that one stat about him thrown at like 8 times and 6 receptions or something.The one announcer said that was more like a receivers stats.I agree .all Palmer needs to compare with Manning is field awareness.Hopefully it comes a little sooner than the 3-4 years though.Palmer seems to be a real hard worker and studier ,he'll get there for sure.[/quote]
Their offensive line wasn't too shabby either. They only broke down a couple times, and even then, it wasn't completely broke. Manning has all the time in the world back there.

2 other things that stood out:

NO was doing that "bunch formation" type thing with their kick-off coverage. Indy has been doing it for a while, I guess it's supposed to create match-up problems with the return team not knowing who the gunners are.. And they managed to give up the first opening kickoff TD in Super Bowl history with that plan.. I think both teams looked kinda crap in kick coverage as a result. Seems like whatever advantage you gain would be offset by having your cover unit playing musical chairs instead of running downhill.. Not sure if NO just started doing it, too, but it was the first I've noticed anyone doing it consistently other than the Colts.

That Colts end-around to Dallas Clark was pretty sweet, too. Dunno why that play is almost always to a receiver..

is this real?

[quote]Bush's final play of the game was an interception that Giordano returned for a touchdown. An instant before Bush could grab Giordano from behind, he was taken out by a sloppy offensive lineman. Bush slowly stood, walked to the bench and sat down with his head in his hands.

An hour later, while most of his teammates were climbing into jeans and T-shirts, Bush lovingly pulled on a crisp yellow Oxford, beige tie, light brown three-piece suit -- vest buttoned to the hilt -- and leather wing-tips. He placed a diamond into each ear. He wheeled a designer handbag and slung a Heisman Trophy backpack over his right shoulder. He looked a lot better in the locker room than he looked on the field, I'll tell you that.

And then Bush disappeared, leaving for the team bus. Saints officials said he would return to meet the media, but he never did. The media understood. Reggie Bush had just spent three hours embarrassing himself on national television. He wasn't coming back.[/quote]

[url="http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10337299"]http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10337299[/url]

Archived