Graduation

xamination

[quote name='xamination' post='545445' date='Sep 11 2007, 10:13 PM']Seriously? Damn.
Then again, I think 50 promoted Kanye's album more than his with this.[/quote]
kanye wouldnt be referencing 50 if they didnt get along

good life lyrics =
So I roll through good
Y'all pop the trunk, I pop the hood, Ferrari
And she got the goods
And she got that ass, I got to look, sorry
Yo it's got to be cause I'm seasoned
Haters give me them salty looks, Lowry's
50 told me go 'head switch the style up
And if they hate then let 'em hate
And watch the money pile up, the good life

[quote name='rizzy' post='546090' date='Sep 12 2007, 06:31 PM']fuck kanye he is a little whinny bitch

if you want his album download it illegally he doesn't deserve the money[/quote]

Anyone who downloads full albums has no respect for music in general, it doesn't just hurt the artist you are downloading it is killing the music industry.

-E

[quote name='Farbeyonddriven' post='546092' date='Sep 12 2007, 06:34 PM']Anyone who downloads full albums has no respect for music in general, it doesn't just hurt the artist you are downloading it is killing the music industry.

-E[/quote]

I half agree. I have bought more music since the invention of the MP3 than I have before it exsited.

So I'd say.... "Anyone who downloads full albums and then doesnt buy them but keeps the album anyway has no respect for music in general, it doesn't just hurt the artist you are downloading it is killing the music industry."

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='546111' date='Sep 12 2007, 06:48 PM']I half agree. I have bought more music since the invention of the MP3 than I have before it exsited.

So I'd say.... "Anyone who downloads full albums and then doesnt buy them but keeps the album anyway has no respect for music in general, it doesn't just hurt the artist you are downloading it is killing the music industry."[/quote]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/47.gif[/img]

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='546111' date='Sep 12 2007, 06:48 PM']I half agree. I have bought more music since the invention of the MP3 than I have before it exsited.

So I'd say.... "Anyone who downloads full albums and then doesnt buy them but keeps the album anyway has no respect for music in general, it doesn't just hurt the artist you are downloading it is killing the music industry."[/quote]

What I meant. -_-

-E

[quote name='Farbeyonddriven' post='546123' date='Sep 12 2007, 07:00 PM']I take it you're a downloader sneaky?-E[/quote][color="#FF0000"][b]I plead the "fif" !!!!![/b][/color][quote name='Jamie_B' post='546129' date='Sep 12 2007, 07:04 PM']-_-[/quote] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//33.gif[/img]

I don't understand why bands and artists whine about downloading. They make shit percentages off record sales anyway. The money is in the touring. If the recording industry as a huge corporate entity dies off, I won't be sad. Fuck them. Acts will reinvent themselves with technology.
The age of computers has marginalized the corporate fat cats in the big labels in more ways than one.
Plus, you don't get as high of quality bitrate on most downloads compared to buying the actual CD anyway.
Fuck the record companies. I really don't care and I will download music as I please until someone makes me stop.
Just not this crap you guys are talking about...it isn't music...NO INSTRUMENTS!
I hate rap, mostly for the insanely stupid lyrics that promote drug sales, pimping, whores, gangs, etc...
[b]Oh, and my biggest pet peeve with rap....it has singlehandedly convinced listeners that it's cool to be ignorant and stupid in the name of "keeping it real".
This attitude has permeated society to the point of no return. It's fucking horrible.[/b]

[quote name='Bunghole' post='546188' date='Sep 12 2007, 08:07 PM']I hate rap, mostly for the insanely stupid lyrics that promote drug sales, pimping, whores, gangs, etc...[/quote]
Dude, the rap you hear on the radio is not indicitive of whats really out there.
If your problem is message, not the medium, I could find some songs that you would love.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='546188' date='Sep 12 2007, 08:07 PM']I don't understand why bands and artists whine about downloading. They make shit percentages off record sales anyway. The money is in the touring. If the recording industry as a huge corporate entity dies off, I won't be sad. Fuck them. Acts will reinvent themselves with technology.
The age of computers has marginalized the corporate fat cats in the big labels in more ways than one.
Plus, you don't get as high of quality bitrate on most downloads compared to buying the actual CD anyway.
Fuck the record companies. I really don't care and I will download music as I please until someone makes me stop.
[b]Just not this crap you guys are talking about...it isn't music...NO INSTRUMENTS!
I hate rap, mostly for the insanely stupid lyrics that promote drug sales, pimping, whores, gangs, etc...[/b][b]Oh, and my biggest pet peeve with rap....it has singlehandedly convinced listeners that it's cool to be ignorant and stupid in the name of "keeping it real".
This attitude has permeated society to the point of no return. It's fucking horrible.[/b][/quote]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]

[quote name='Bunghole' post='546188' date='Sep 12 2007, 08:07 PM'][b]I don't understand why bands and artists whine about downloading. They make shit percentages off record sales anyway. The money is in the touring.[/b] If the recording industry as a huge corporate entity dies off, I won't be sad. Fuck them. Acts will reinvent themselves with technology.
Fuck the record companies. I really don't care and I will download music as I please until someone makes me stop.[/quote]

But buying the album keeps record companies happy and that is who funds tours (and tours are insanely expensive). It'd be great to eliminate record labels all together, but that will probably never happen.

-E

[quote name='Bunghole' post='546188' date='Sep 12 2007, 08:07 PM']I don't understand why bands and artists whine about downloading. They make shit percentages off record sales anyway. The money is in the touring. If the recording industry as a huge corporate entity dies off, I won't be sad. Fuck them. Acts will reinvent themselves with technology.
Fuck the record companies. I really don't care and I will download music as I please until someone makes me stop.[/quote]
save for metallica and lars ulrich most bands and artists dont complain about downloading and in fact many promote it as a source for additional exposure. it is 100% the riaa and greedy record companies complaining and filing suit against their own fans. its horrible publicity but the old system of the established record companies drives consumers to it. i am not sure they will ever fully recover from the invention of the personal computer as they were too late to get in the game and too immature and ignorant about their own fan base and alternative sources for talent development to maintain a strong hold on record sales. the record industry is dying and believe me, they know it. you know things are bad when the president of sony/columbia decided to give up half his power to rick rubin in hopes of rubin being able to turn things around.

awesome article on the subject from the nyt = [url="http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/02/magazine/02rubin.t.html?ex=1346385600&en=13e3933c3b59c9dd&ei=5124&partner=permalink&exprod=permalink"]http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/02/magazine...xprod=permalink[/url]

another thing that pisses me off = [url="http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1762475"]http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1762475[/url]
(cant find the original youtube version)

Archived