Wines Hard, Troy Plejhoeuoeh, and Casey Hampton

[quote name='ItsTime' post='565166' date='Oct 8 2007, 10:21 AM']That's the hard-nosed mentality I've mentioned that I hope will get instilled here someday.[/quote]
I have to agree with this here. I want more steak and less sizzle from offense and defense. Hit somebody in the mouth, and when they try to get up, hit them again, kick them when they are down and never let up. I want less flashiness and more skull splitting.

[quote name='ItsTime' post='565363' date='Oct 8 2007, 04:31 PM']A culture change is a major change. When an owner wants the team's culture changed, they look for a new coach whose background and philosophy is in close alignment line with the culture they hope to get installed.[/quote]

The Bengals just went through a culture change in 2003.
I`m not surprised you didn`t notice it.

[quote]Even though I want Marvin out, because I can't take his dribble and powder-puff coaching approach anymore, I doubt Brown does.[/quote]

His dribble ? What do his basketball skills have to do with anything ?

[quote name='LudwigVan Kubrick' post='565109' date='Oct 8 2007, 08:25 AM']Show me a team that has an entire position decimated by injuries, and I'll show you a team that must have something fundamentally wrong somewhere causing "the injury bug."

Seriously... 2 years in a row we are going to blame injuries? 3 actually. Forgot about Carson's knee. 3 years now we blame ineptitude on injuries.

Yes I understand that the Steelers injuries are not to the extent as ours. But if our injury report looked like the Steelers did, we would still blame our ineptitude on the injuries and pissburgh would still win 21-0.

Some teams find a way, other teams find a way to make excuses. Year number 3 with the injury excuse. You think TigerJaw's posts get old? I think the excuses and blame game crap, coupled with the "fans" easy acceptance of said cop-outs, gets pretty damn old too.
I wont give you the same ole "ineptitude all starts from the top" speech. But I will ask you this. When was the last time you saw an "over-achieving" Bengals team? Yeah maybe you can come up with one or two to debate, but for every 1 over achieving Bengals team you give me, I'll bet I can name 10 under achieving ones, starting with the past 2 years.

People still wonder why too, thats the funny part. Winning, much like losing, is no accident. Profit and loss are rarely an accident too. Priorities all start from the top, and winning has never been top priority with Mike Brown. Until it is, if it isn't the injury bug, it'll be something else. Then, everyone rare once in a while, all the stars line up correctly, and we make a playoff run. Those are the moments we as Bengals fans live for.

But spare me the "injury bug" horse shit. That act is beyond tired.[/quote]

Wow are you seriously going to post what others say from a different forum and claim them as your own thoughts?

And I thought you were a man with an honset opinion...how wrong I was

How about giving credit to those guys you took their opinions from?????

[quote name='LudwigVan Kubrick' post='565331' date='Oct 8 2007, 09:35 PM'][b]And it still took 6 turnovers for us to beat them.[/b][/quote]
How some of you are so dense that you don't understand that [b]the D was performing, and creating turnovers when we actually had healthy LBs[/b], I do not understand.

But you're right of course. It's a total coincidence that the D got soft when our entire LB corps went down :rolleyes:

[quote name='McKBearcat2007' post='565379' date='Oct 8 2007, 11:01 PM']Wow are you seriously going to post what others say from a different forum and claim them as your own thoughts?

And I thought you were a man with an honset opinion...how wrong I was

How about giving credit to those guys you took their opinions from?????[/quote]

Nothing I love more than a completely new account suddenly appearing and wading in to a complex argument, before throwing personal attacks around.

Stop being such a fucking pussy and back your opinions up by posting under your normal name jerkoff.

I might be a shouty opinionated cunt but at least I have the balls to do it as myself.
VB

[quote name='oldschooler' post='565371' date='Oct 8 2007, 05:46 PM']The Bengals just went through a culture change in 2003.
I`m not surprised you didn`t notice it.
His dribble ? What do his basketball skills have to do with anything ?[/quote]

The Browns put up 51 points on us a week after they got 7 points against the Stealers.

Marvin concluded: ""We didn't do well enough in any of the three phases to win the football game. I was very disappointed in how we played defensively; we didn't play very well on third down and we let Jamal (Lewis) rush for more than 200 yards. Assignment-wise we were not very sharp at all."

Give Marvin credit for figuring it out, right? (puke)

BTW, The Browns hung 48 points on us three years earlier. The culture change I've talked about is gettng a new coach who will de-pussyfy us, not build on it.

I sense this thread losing steam...proponents and detractors have drawn their lines in the sand...and none were saved...
Again, I agree that our problems on BOTH sides of the ball are deeper than injuries. We have issues. The real question is are they correctable, and if they are, can they be corrected by the current staff?
I disagree with the notion that Marvin is a milquetoast, I think he's actually a hardass...unless he saves all his dickiness for the media alone and Chick Ludwig in particular.
It's football, Tom Coughlin is a tough-ass, yelling coach, but do his players want to play for him? Do Marvin's?
Of course, a big part of this is simply winning, as it apparently cures all ills. But there is no denying that despite injuries, we have been playing like we're going through the motions, rather than harnessing the EMOTIONS.
That's my take, I'm sticking to it, I am Kige Ramsey...

Archived