Wines Hard, Troy Plejhoeuoeh, and Casey Hampton

[quote name='ItsTime' post='565079' date='Oct 8 2007, 09:03 AM']Sorry for offending your PC sensibilities Sweetie Pie. So I will re-do what I said before.[/quote]

I`m not PC. I`m only prejudice against one type of person.
Assholes. And they run in every color, religion and sexual
preference. Asshole.

[quote]"Hate the Stealers, but that is how good teams step-up and play on the field. Bad teams and bad players blame losses on injuries. If, woulda, coulda, shoulda is the stuff bad teams are made of. It's a key part of the mental side of this game, and our mental side sucks, because Marvin is a pantywaist coach, and as a team, we do not play hard-nosed football.[/quote]

I haven`t heard the Bengals blame the losses on injuries.

And for you to act like the starters the Stealers were missing
were replaced with guys that weren`t on the team less than
a month ago.

[quote]We need a new, fire-breathing coach who will bring and instill a new mentality here. And we need a new FO that knows how to locate and draft talented players who have good character."[/quote]

We have the best coach there is.

I can`t wait til the Bengals start winning again for two reasons.
The first reason is because I love it when they win.
The second reason is so stupid asses like you,
will climb back in your hole.

[quote name='claptonrocks' post='564881' date='Oct 7 2007, 08:34 PM']It was truly a remarkably called game by Lebeau and the players for executing it.
Gentle Ben was at his best....

I dont like the Steelers but Ill give them props for putting together a great gameplan and kicking
Seattle's ass..[/quote]

Exactly, the players that were out there just beat the Seahags down on both sides of the ball. The players Tomlin put out there turned the afternoon into a game of attrition. The Hags were given a classic beatdown, and I do mean classic.

[quote name='oldschooler' post='565084' date='Oct 8 2007, 10:13 AM']I`m not PC. I`m only prejudice against one type of person.
Assholes. And they run in every color, religion and sexual
preference. Asshole.
I haven`t heard the Bengals blame the losses on injuries.

And for you to act like the starters the Stealers were missing
were replaced with guys that weren`t on the team less than
a month ago.
We have the best coach there is.

I can`t wait til the Bengals start winning again for two reasons.
The first reason is because I love it when they win.
The second reason is so stupid asses like you,
will climb back in your hole.[/quote]

But of course Snookums. Greatness surely awaits us. Our FO is just peachy and, of course, Marvin is "the best coach there is".

(Oh Aesop ... come witness and listen to this dribble and pablum)

[quote name='oldschooler' post='565081' date='Oct 8 2007, 03:06 PM']When do I bring race into everymotherfuckingthing ?[/quote]

Yeah I worded it badly. You, personally, don't bring race into everything but it is generally a pretty common theme around these parts. Ninjas or not. Does get kinda wearing after a while. People are people, who cares how much melanin they happen to have.

[quote][url="http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=milktoast"]http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=milktoast[/url][/quote]

I never said you made it up. But if your source of reference is urbandictionary then nearly every combination of words you could possibly think of could be offensive, seeing as it's a user-updated database of neologisms.

I guess my point is that living in the UK where we don't automatically look at race first, the use of milktoast as a racial slur never even entered my head (we're back to the whole chicken thing).

Speaking as a white person I'd love to know what those traits commonly associated with being white are :) (apart from an inability to dance and dunk obviously). Still, using the definition that you've chosen to use it's possibly the least accurate term anyone could have possibly used to describe Marvin. But then the person who used it is clearly a few fish short of a hat-stand.
VB

[quote name='ItsTime' post='565088' date='Oct 8 2007, 09:27 AM']But of course Snookums. Greatness surely awaits us. Our FO is just peachy and, of course, Marvin is "the best coach there is".

(Oh Aesop ... come witness and listen to this dribble and pablum)[/quote]

Why do you keep calling me "Sweetie Pie" and Snookums" ?

It`s easy for you to kick this team when it`s down.
Funny thing is, I haven`t see you do anything
but kick.

You signed up the day after the Seattle loss,
and have done nothing but bitch about Marvin since.
Call me old fashioned, but people that are fans of something,
do more than bitch about it all the time.

The Bengals have only had 1 player on the O-line play every snap.
They have been missing their #3 WR, their entire LB corp and
key parts of their Special teams have been missing or banged up.
And they have played 2 teams that are a combined 8-2,
one of them was on the road in what is one of the toughest
venues in the NFL, for opposing teams to win in.

The past 2 Super Bowl Champs were left for dead at some
point in their Super Bowling winning seasons. The Bengals
are getting healthier, and they schedule is getting easier.
Why don`t you give them a chance before proclaiming
their coach to be whatever the fuck it is you think, and
the season lost ?

Or just keep on bitching and look like a troll . . .

[quote name='oldschooler' post='565094' date='Oct 8 2007, 10:46 AM']Why do you keep calling me "Sweetie Pie" and Snookums" ?
It`s easy for you to kick this team when it`s down.
Funny thing is, I haven`t see you do anything
but kick.

You signed up the day after the Seattle loss,
and have done nothing but bitch about Marvin since.
Call me old fashioned, but people that are fans of something,
do more than bitch about it all the time.

The Bengals have only had 1 player on the O-line play every snap.
They have been missing their #3 WR, their entire LB corp and
key parts of their Special teams have been missing or banged up.
And they have played 2 teams that are a combined 8-2,
one of them was on the road in what is one of the toughest
venues in the NFL, for opposing teams to win in.

The past 2 Super Bowl Champs were left for dead at some
point in their Super Bowling winning seasons. The Bengals
are getting healthier, and they schedule is getting easier.
Why don`t you give them a chance before proclaiming
their coach to be whatever the fuck it is you think, and
the season lost ?

Or just keep on bitching and look like a troll . . .[/quote]

I don't have a fairyland mentality like you do.

Marvin's had five years. He built a soft team. Our team reflects his pansy style of coaching. Moreover, he frequently drafted players who had, to say the least, bad character as well, many of which turned those draft slots into nothing.

You like Marvin. I think he is a petunia coach, a waste.

For the record, I don't like Michael Brown as an owner either. I think he is a cheap shit who only is concerned with putting fans in the seat (Palmer does that), not winning a SB. Moreover, I think our FO is crap too. That's my net -- different ideologies Sweetie.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='564750' date='Oct 7 2007, 04:55 PM']So let me see, they were missing 1 WR, 1 NT, and 1 S. Get back to me when they are missing a whole unit from their starters.[/quote]

Somehow I doubt that would happen to the Steelers.

[sarcasm] Its just the Bengals dumb luck that they keep getting bit by the injury bug. If they could just catch a break I know they could turn this thing around. [/end sarcasm] :D

Let's take:

(5 LB's)

James Harrison
Larry Foote
James Farrior
Clark Haggans
Lamar Woodley

(3 RB's)

Willie Parker
Najeh Dump Truck Davenport
Gary Russell

(2 WR's)

Cedric Wilson
Nate Washington

(3 OL)

Willie Colon
Sean Mahan
Marvel Smith

replace them with backups and players off the street, and see how they do next week.

[quote name='LudwigVan Kubrick' post='565100' date='Oct 8 2007, 11:12 AM']Somehow I doubt that would happen to the Steelers.

[sarcasm] Its just the Bengals dumb luck that they keep getting bit by the injury bug. If they could just catch a break I know they could turn this thing around. [/end sarcasm] :D[/quote]

Bingo.

No one should be blamed or held accountable. Neverland always lies just ahead.

[quote name='LudwigVan Kubrick' post='565100' date='Oct 8 2007, 11:12 AM']Somehow I doubt that would happen to the Steelers.

[sarcasm] Its just the Bengals dumb luck that they keep getting bit by the injury bug. If they could just catch a break I know they could turn this thing around. [/end sarcasm] :D[/quote]

Well shit then, go down to PBS and tell them you have vastly superior medical knowledege than the current medical staff, plus the ability to read minds so that you know when a player is being honest about his injury.... well maybee not the mind reading, but hey you do watch Heros.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='565101' date='Oct 8 2007, 11:14 AM']Let's take:

(5 LB's)

James Harrison
Larry Foote
James Farrior
Clark Haggans
Lamar Woodley
(3 RB's)

Willie Parker
Najeh Dump Truck Davenport
Gary Russell

(2 WR's)

Cedric Wilson
Nate Washington
(3 OL)

Willie Colon
Sean Mahan
Marvel Smith
replace them with backups and players off the street, and see how they do next week.[/quote]

Didnt you read WhodeyUK's post, facts have no place in this thread. :contract:

Show me a team that has an entire position decimated by injuries, and I'll show you a team that must have something fundamentally wrong somewhere causing "the injury bug."

Seriously... 2 years in a row we are going to blame injuries? 3 actually. Forgot about Carson's knee. 3 years now we blame ineptitude on injuries.

Yes I understand that the Steelers injuries are not to the extent as ours. But if our injury report looked like the Steelers did, we would still blame our ineptitude on the injuries and pissburgh would still win 21-0.

Some teams find a way, other teams find a way to make excuses. Year number 3 with the injury excuse. You think TigerJaw's posts get old? I think the excuses and blame game crap, coupled with the "fans" easy acceptance of said cop-outs, gets pretty damn old too.

I wont give you the same ole "ineptitude all starts from the top" speech. But I will ask you this. When was the last time you saw an "over-achieving" Bengals team? Yeah maybe you can come up with one or two to debate, but for every 1 over achieving Bengals team you give me, I'll bet I can name 10 under achieving ones, starting with the past 2 years.

People still wonder why too, thats the funny part. Winning, much like losing, is no accident. Profit and loss are rarely an accident too. Priorities all start from the top, and winning has never been top priority with Mike Brown. Until it is, if it isn't the injury bug, it'll be something else. Then, everyone rare once in a while, all the stars line up correctly, and we make a playoff run. Those are the moments we as Bengals fans live for.

But spare me the "injury bug" horse shit. That act is beyond tired.

[quote name='LudwigVan Kubrick' post='565109' date='Oct 8 2007, 11:25 AM']Show me a team that has an entire position decimated by injuries, and I'll show you a team that must have something fundamentally wrong somewhere causing "the injury bug."

Seriously... 2 years in a row we are going to blame injuries? 3 actually. Forgot about Carson's knee. 3 years now we blame ineptitude on injuries.

Yes I understand that the Steelers injuries are not to the extent as ours. But if our injury report looked like the Steelers did, we would still blame our ineptitude on the injuries and pissburgh would still win 21-0.

Some teams find a way, other teams find a way to make excuses. Year number 3 with the injury excuse. You think TigerJaw's posts get old? I think the excuses and blame game crap, coupled with the "fans" easy acceptance of said cop-outs, gets pretty damn old too.[/quote]

Look Im just as frustrated by the injury situation as anyone else, but Im not going to sit around and beat my chest wondering why a linebacker that had been on the team for 11 days wasnt playing like a probowler either.

Somewhere there has to be a happy medium between being concerned about why we keep getting all the injuries and the mindnumbing absurdities as to why you cant win games with 2 healthy linebackers. Right?

[quote name='ItsTime' post='565099' date='Oct 8 2007, 10:11 AM']I don't have a fairyland mentality like you do.

Marvin's had five years. He built a soft team. Our team reflects his pansy style of coaching. Moreover, he frequently drafted players who had, to say the least, bad character as well, many of which turned those draft slots into nothing.

You like Marvin. I think he is a petunia coach, a waste.

For the record, I don't like Michael Brown as an owner either. I think he is a cheap shit who only is concerned with putting fans in the seat (Palmer does that), not winning a SB. Moreover, I think our FO is crap too. That's my net -- different ideologies Sweetie.[/quote]

Regardless if you`re a woman or not (which would explain the constant bitching)
stop calling me sweetie and shit like that. Thanks.

I don`t have a fairy tale mentality either. It`s called optimism.

Anyway, Marvin hasn`t been here for 5 years yet. This is his 5th season.

And he spent his first 3 draft picks and 4 out of his first 5 picks enhancing the Offense.
You know, that top Offense the Bengals have ?

Bad character ? Look around, the Bengals aren`t the only team
that had players arrested. And while you are focusing on the
few late round picks, I guess you missed all the high character
players that are on the roster.

And yeah he`s a waste. He only took the laughing stock, doormat of
the NFL and turned them around so fast, that less than 5 seasons in,
people aren`t willing to let a decimated side of the ball that has been
in rebuilding mode since 2004, be an excuse for losing. He`s sure is
a pathetic waste . . .

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='565112' date='Oct 8 2007, 11:30 AM']Look Im just as frustrated by the injury situation as anyone else, but Im not going to sit around and beat my chest wondering why a linebacker that had been on the team for 11 days wasnt playing like a probowler either.
Somewhere there has to be a happy medium between being concerned about why we keep getting all the injuries and the mindnumbing absurdities as to why you cant win games with 2 healthy linebackers. Right?[/quote]

No one is arguing the futility of trying to win with 2 healthy LBs signed 11 days ago. I'm sure everyone agrees it is an impossible situation.

The point here is that a well run organization would never be in this situation to begin with. There is, and has been for a long time, many many things fundamentally wrong with this organization.

But blaming 1-3 on the injury bug is confusing cause and effect.

[quote name='LudwigVan Kubrick' post='565109' date='Oct 8 2007, 11:25 AM']Show me a team that has an entire position decimated by injuries, and I'll show you a team that must have something fundamentally wrong somewhere causing "the injury bug."

Some teams find a way, other teams find a way to make excuses. Year number 3 with the injury excuse. You think TigerJaw's posts get old? I think the excuses and blame game crap, coupled with the "fans" easy acceptance of said cop-outs, gets pretty damn old too.[/quote]

Several years ago, Junior Seau retired. Opps, he was good enough for the Patriots to put in their uniform. Towards the end of last year, a bunch of LBer injuries caused the Steelers to locate a LBer to come who could step right in and play the upcoming Sunday. They did not whine and moan, they simply brought in Chad Brown in one day, and he played for them for the rest of the season. This year, the Patriots picked Chad Brown to play for them.

The better teams have a mentality, a culture, prepare for disasters and have a hard-nosed playing style that this FO and Marvin are never going to instill here.

It's time for a change.

[quote name='LudwigVan Kubrick' post='565123' date='Oct 8 2007, 11:42 AM']No one is arguing the futility of trying to win with 2 healthy LBs signed 11 days ago. I'm sure everyone agrees it is an impossible situation.

The point here is that a well run organization would never be in this situation to begin with. There is, and has been for a long time, many many things fundamentally wrong with this organization.

But blaming 1-3 on the injury bug is confusing cause and effect.[/quote]

Mike Brown isnt going anywhere, and Katie and Troy will likely be running things when he moves on. So what use is it to bitch about the one thing that cant change?

[quote name='ItsTime' post='565124' date='Oct 8 2007, 11:42 AM']It's time for a change.[/quote]

This is where we disagree. Marvin Lewis is the best coach who would ever come here. His inexperience coupled with lack of resources have been his undoing. No one else would do any better here. Thank the football gods we still have him.

[quote name='LudwigVan Kubrick' post='565128' date='Oct 8 2007, 11:45 AM']This is where we disagree. Marvin Lewis is the best coach who would ever come here. His inexperience coupled with lack of resources have been his undoing. No one else would do any better here. Thank the football gods we still have him.[/quote]

I knew we'd find something to agree on.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='565127' date='Oct 8 2007, 11:44 AM']Mike Brown isnt going anywhere, and Katie and Troy will likely be running things when he moves on. So what use is it to bitch about the one thing that cant change?[/quote]

not bitching about it at all. I understand it for what it is also.

If I was bitching about anything, it was about the so-called experts here blaming our ineptitude on dumb ole luck and the injury bug.

Also pointing out how the blame game is just as tired of an act, in my opinion.

:)

Fact is, I hate to say it, but compared to the other teams in our division, this year, the Bengals are a bunch of pussies. They talk shit they can't back up, then blame ineptitude on whatever convenient excuse they can find. People say the Browns game was an anomaly. From what I have seen, I say the Ravens game was the real anomaly. I wish is wasn't true and I hope they prove me wrong, but as of now they are a complete joke from top to bottom and we showed everyone as much on national television. The Browns got whipped by the Pats too. We just looked like a bunch of unorganized cry baby pussies while getting whipped. That was the big difference.

And it wasn't an illusion either, from what I have seen. far cry from Paul Brown. FAR CRY.

[quote name='VonBlade' post='565092' date='Oct 8 2007, 10:39 AM']but it is generally a pretty common theme around these parts. Ninjas or not. Does get kinda wearing after a while.[/quote]
:huh:

you do realize this thread is in the "bengals forum" and not "jesus and w," right? i mean, race issues may be discussed there from time to time but i couldnt tell you one thread where there was any sort of discussion of race on this board except for the infamous "white lightning" debacle of 1962

[quote name='ItsTime' post='565124' date='Oct 8 2007, 11:42 AM']Several years ago, Junior Seau retired. Opps, he was good enough for the Patriots to put in their uniform. Towards the end of last year, a bunch of LBer injuries caused the Steelers to locate a LBer to come who could step right in and play the upcoming Sunday. They did not whine and moan, they simply brought in Chad Brown in one day, and he played for them for the rest of the season. This year, the Patriots picked Chad Brown to play for them.

The better teams have a mentality, a culture, prepare for disasters and have a hard-nosed playing style that this FO and Marvin are never going to instill here.

It's time for a change.[/quote]

You seem to know an awful lot about the Stoolers.

[quote name='LudwigVan Kubrick' post='565131' date='Oct 8 2007, 11:46 AM']not bitching about it at all. I understand it for what it is also.

If I was bitching about anything, it was about the so-called experts here blaming our ineptitude on dumb ole luck and the injury bug.

Also pointing out how the blame game is just as tired of an act, in my opinion.

:)[/quote]

Fair enough, im just not sure how people can believe it doesnt effect teams at all when you talk about this many injuries, then come in and attempt to make an apples to oranges comparison when the steelers have a few guys out.

[quote name='ItsTime' post='565124' date='Oct 8 2007, 11:42 AM']Several years ago, Junior Seau retired. Opps, he was good enough for the Patriots to put in their uniform. Towards the end of last year, a bunch of LBer injuries caused the Steelers to locate a LBer to come who could step right in and play the upcoming Sunday. They did not whine and moan, they simply brought in Chad Brown in one day, and he played for them for the rest of the season. This year, the Patriots picked Chad Brown to play for them.

It's time for a change.[/quote]

please rattle off these LB injuries for Pitt? I doubt it was more than 1 or 2 lb's. They weren't missing any starters to my knowledge.

And Chad Brown is no better then Dhani Jones is. What do you expect teams to do? Ask solid players to not sign with other teams so that they can sign them in the case of a disaster? In the middle of the season, you take what you can get.

As for Seau, he did retire and was lured out by the chance to win a ring he hadn't gotten yet. No other team than the Patriots were going to lure him out of retirement. What's your point?

Archived