UC 15th in the Nation!!!

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='564737' date='Oct 7 2007, 04:41 PM']I still laugh that a Miami [b]student[/b] is a UC fan.[/quote]key word. i only go their for academics. i was originally registered at UC, but decided the commute to Miami was much better and that Miami is the better school.side stories time:i never started following football till about 3 years ago and went to a few UC games and got hooked. never followed the rest of NCAA till this year. now im addicted to it all.in basketball ive been a Duke fan and Bobby Knight fan since i was born. however, when i was in early grade school i went to 5 miami games and was a huge devin davis fan. i wanted to buy his jersey and they were sold out, so i got this OTHER jersey. that jersey happened to be Wally Szcerbiaks. He then lit it up the game i bought it and lit it up the rest of his career. His uncle lives in Harrison. Wally and his uncle would come to a restaurant in Harrison (when he was in town in the offseason) that i cooked at and i got my wally jersey signed. other than that jersey and goin to those 5 games (before wally carried them), ive never been a miami fan. i do hope they win when they arent playing UC in fball or Duke in bball (if taht ever happens) though. They did win my a ton of money. The year Wally carried them thru the tourney i picked them to win each game they did (out of homerism i guess) and won 500 bucks in a March Madness poll.

[quote name='CJ4MVP85' post='564769' date='Oct 7 2007, 05:22 PM']uc has to beat usf, louisville and west virginia first :363:[/quote]if UC only loses to WVU and OSU loses those 2 games, then UC finishes ahead of them in the poll unless Tressell pays for that too.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='564737' date='Oct 7 2007, 04:41 PM']I still laugh that a Miami student is a UC fan.[/quote]

Glad I'm not the only one who thought that. I had to endure smack talking because of Rutger's loss last night by someone who doesn't even go to UC. Heres the even funnier part, not once have I claimed nor said that Rutgers was going to kick UC's ass....and yet still a Miami student puts it in my face, a Rutgers Student, that UC won. Hmmmmm......??? Teel had a horrible game, and I think if he had it together and didn't throw like a high school recreation QB, the game could have gone to either one of the teams.

[quote name='ScarletKnight' post='564813' date='Oct 7 2007, 06:33 PM']Glad I'm not the only one who thought that. I had to endure smack talking because of Rutger's loss last night by someone who doesn't even go to UC. Heres the even funnier part, not once have I claimed nor said that Rutgers was going to kick UC's ass....and yet still a Miami student puts it in my face, a Rutgers Student, that UC won. Hmmmmm......??? Teel had a horrible game, and I think if he had it together and didn't throw like a high school recreation QB, the game could have gone to either one of the teams.[/quote]UC also played like shit. And of all boards to hear this shit, this one should have nothing to say. 90% of this board is OSU fans and most of them didnt go to OSU. Yet now im getting shit. :fing06: Fuck off haters.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='564737' date='Oct 7 2007, 04:41 PM']I still laugh that a Miami student is a UC fan.[/quote]just like all the osu fans who didnt and/or dont go to OSU. what about the bengals fans who werent born in cincy? or didnt play on the team?

[quote]Pollsters Elevate Bearcats Inside Top 20

AP lists Cincinnati at No. 15; USA Today puts UC at No. 17

Oct. 7, 2007

CINCINNATI-- Less than 24 hours after utilizing its opportunistic defense and no-huddle offense to upend No. 21 Rutgers by a score of 28-23, the University of Cincinnati moved to No. 15 in this week's Associated Press Poll and No. 17 in the USA Today Coaches' Poll.

In its BIG EAST Conference debut, Cincinnati (6-0, 1-0 BIG EAST) quieted the home crowd of 43,768 at Rutgers Stadium by claiming four takeaways and scoring twice on ensuing drives en route to its ninth consecutive victory. Owning the second-longest win streak in the nation behind only No. 1 LSU, UC moved up in both the Associated Press and the USA Today Coaches' Polls for the third straight week.

Since taking the reins of the program before the 2007 International Bowl, head coach Brian Kelly is off to one of the fastest starts in Cincinnati history. Kelly is the first head coach to start 7-0 at UC since Russ Cohen began his first season 7-0 in 1935.

Tops in the country in takeaways (25) and turnover margin (+2.5 per game), the Bearcats evened their all-time record at 3-3-1 when nationally ranked.

Cincinnati returns to Nippert Stadium to host BIG EAST rival Louisville (3-3, 0-1 BIG EAST) in the annual battle for the Keg of Nails. The game is Homecoming for Cincinnati and tickets are sold out.

Student tickets will be made available to the first 500 students with a valid UC student ID through the turnstiles at Gate 3 at the lower East Side of Dieterle Hall and Varsity Village. Gates open at 5:30 p.m.

Homecoming festivities begin at 1 p.m. on Saturday. Kickoff is scheduled for 7 p.m. and is being televised on ESPNU.[/quote]

[url="http://gobearcats.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/100707aaj.html"]http://gobearcats.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl.../100707aaj.html[/url]

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='564816' date='Oct 7 2007, 06:40 PM']just like all the osu fans who didnt and/or dont go to OSU. what about the bengals fans who werent born in cincy? or didnt play on the team?[/quote]

not sure why you responded twice, your first one summed it up nicely.

The point I was making is that UC and Miami are rivals. Its like an OSU student being a Michigan fan.

And actually, I do have issues with some of the osu fans who have no affiliation to the school.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='564866' date='Oct 7 2007, 07:49 PM']not sure why you responded twice, your first one summed it up nicely.

The point I was making is that UC and Miami are rivals. Its like an OSU student being a Michigan fan.
And actually, I do have issues with some of the osu fans who have no affiliation to the school.[/quote]
i could understand people having beef with me for my love of Duke because i am not from the area.

when i looked at going to a university i factored in academics and my time there. academically miami > uc overall, altho uc dominates them in a few specific departments. education department at miami is stronger than at uc and that was my planned major. also the drive to miami is a lot better for me than uc. not once did sports ever come into question.

my duke liking was a family thing btw. dad is a huge duke fan, i was born into it. grandpa is a bob knight fan and ive always really liked him (plus coach k was once under knight) and grandma is uk (i hate them and 92 was great).

What about those of us who were born in Cincinnati, lived mostly in VA (but all around the US and parts of the world), but who'se associated college doesnt have a football program? (though we have a good basketball team... FINAL FOUR BITCHES!!!!11111111)

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='565953' date='Oct 9 2007, 03:16 PM']What about those of us who were born in Cincinnati, lived mostly in VA (but all around the US and parts of the world), but who'se associated college doesnt have a football program? (though we [b]ONCE HAD[/b] a good basketball team... FINAL FOUR BITCHES!!!!11111111)[/quote]
:D

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='565953' date='Oct 9 2007, 03:16 PM']What about those of us who were born in Cincinnati, lived mostly in VA (but all around the US and parts of the world), but who'se associated college doesnt have a football program? (though we have a good basketball team[b]... FINAL FOUR BITCHES!!!!11111111[/b])[/quote]

Hey Jamie_B,
[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//33.gif[/img] [i]Not impressed at all[/i], the [url="http://content.hamptonroads.com/story.cfm?story=133209&ran=171746"]ODU Football team is currently undefeated[/url];[i]and unscored upon [/i]:o

:ninja:

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='565992' date='Oct 9 2007, 04:07 PM']:D[/quote]

When was the last time UC went? For that matter does Miami even have a Basketball team?

[quote name='Lawman' post='566190' date='Oct 9 2007, 08:45 PM']Hey Jamie_B,
[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//33.gif[/img] [i]Not impressed at all[/i], the [url="http://content.hamptonroads.com/story.cfm?story=133209&ran=171746"]ODU Football team is currently undefeated[/url];[i]and unscored upon [/i]:o
:ninja:[/quote]

:lol:

Archived