***Official Bengals/Bills Gameday thread***

[quote name='WhoDeyUK' post='585728' date='Nov 4 2007, 04:28 PM']Yes. In terms of underachieving... yes.

Here's my point in a nutshell...

If the O scored 35 today, would you have been disappointed with the performance by the D? Holding them to FGs all day?

now....

If the D had held them to 19, would you have been happy with the O scoring 14? Fuck, if we had shut them out, would you have been happy with 21-0? Even with the teams TD?

I would not have. Our O is supposed to have the talent, and they do NOTHING with it. NOTHING.

Both coordinators should be playing golf in 08. Both suck ass.[/quote]

Completely agree. I been trying to get this through onyxs thick skull but he just doesn't get it.

We all know the defense is garbage, but we expected that to some degree. We also expected to have an elite offense and we're mediocre as fuck. If our offense had lived up to expectations we'd have a couple more wins.

[quote name='WhoDeyUK' post='585728' date='Nov 4 2007, 04:28 PM']Yes.

Here's my point in a nutshell...

If the O scored 35 today, would you have been disappointed with the performance by the D? Holding them to FGs all day?

now....

If the D had held them to 19, would you have been happy with the O scoring 14? Fuck, if we had shut them out, would you have been happy with 21-0? Even with the teams TD?

I would not have. Our O is supposed to have the talent, and they do NOTHING with it. NOTHING.

Both coordinators should be playing golf in 08. Both suck ass.[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]Do you understand the constant pressure the offense is under because of this defense? Every possession,
every drop, every missed opportunity is magnified because once the defense takes the field, in all likley hood
they are giving up a score.

Look at Carson's numbers, he was virtually perfect early in the game but the Bills were successful in keeping
him on the sidelines for the most part. And lets be real, the Bills probably would have been able to match every
scoring drive from Palmer and company so they needed to be perfect and they weren't.

Now, you can crucify the offense for not being a perfect well tuned scoring machine or you can blame the
defense for giving the offense virtually zero room for error.

Maybe both.

But to say the offense is worse than the defense is a statistical and logical fallacy.[/b][/color]

The offense is still ranked in the top half of the league. The defense is where it has been ever
since the so called "defensive guru" took over as HC. The offense cant get into any rythmn
whatsoever when they only get the ball for what? 11 minutes a half? The offense was on the
field for what? 1 fucking series in the 2nd quarter??!! Unless you want to count Carson coming
out to take a knee a series.

I was thinking that with Henry coming back next week maybe Marvin could take the "kid gloves"
off in his treatment with Chad and let him ride the pine for a game til he gets his head screwed
back on right but looks like Donte Whitner might've taken care of that himself. Hope the guy is
alright but I wont miss his dropped passes. He's put all this pressure on himself and it turns out
he cant handle it. At least before he only failed to show up in the "big games" now he's not showing
up at all. What is it now? 6 games without a TD reception for Chad?

Some want to blame the offense, some want to blame the defense. Doesnt matter because this team
blows from top to bottom on boths sides of the ball. Throw special teams in there too if you want too.

Im guessing that 80% of the poster's on this site will be eligible for the new "Pink" designation. The
ones that dont qualify for it arent being realistic and add nothing but excuses.

[quote name='sneaky' post='585760' date='Nov 4 2007, 04:38 PM'][color="#ff0000"][b]Do you understand the constant pressure the offense is under because of this defense? Every possession,
every drop, every missed opportunity is magnified because once the defense takes the field, in all likley hood

Look at Carson's numbers, he was virtually perfect early in the game but the Bills were successful in keeping
him on the sidelines for the most part. And lets be real, the Bills probably would have been able to match every
scoring drive from Palmer and company so they needed to be perfect and they weren't.

Now, you can crucify the offense for not being a perfect well tuned scoring machine or you can blame the

Maybe both.

But to say the offense is worse than the defense is a statistical and logical fallacy.[/b][/color][/quote]

I don't see anyone saying the offense is worse. I say people saying the offense is not producing anywhere near their potential, and that the defense is producing near their potential (which sadly, is not a lot of potential).

-jd

[quote name='doogles' post='585786' date='Nov 4 2007, 04:50 PM']I don't see anyone saying the offense is worse. I say people saying the offense is not producing anywhere near their potential, and that the defense is producing near their potential (which sadly, is not a lot of potential).

-jd[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]See, I could agree somewhat with that. I think we expected to offense to be a lot better but at the
same time our expectations for the defense has regressed to a point that we expect the worst.

But WhoDeyUK, didn't say that....he's my buddy but I think he's been sippon on too much English
ale if he thinks the offense is worse than the defense.[/b][/color]

[quote name='sneaky' post='585760' date='Nov 4 2007, 09:38 PM'][color="#FF0000"][b]Do you understand the constant pressure the offense is under because of this defense? Every possession,

Maybe both.

But to say the offense is worse than the defense is a statistical and logical fallacy.[/b][/color][/quote]
Sorry. The D, especially in its current condition, has performed about to expectations....

Our O is shit. Or shite as the locals might say. 2 TDs. 2 scores, all game long. Against a shitty ass D?

If you want to crucify Bres, I have no issue. But if you wan to apologize for Brat, you are a moron. The O are the greater underachievers, by a longshot.

[quote name='WhoDeyUK' post='586131' date='Nov 4 2007, 09:19 PM']Sorry. The D, especially in its current condition, has performed about to expectations....

Our O is shit. Or shite as the locals might say. 2 TDs. 2 scores, all game long. Against a shitty ass D?

If you want to crucify Bres, I have no issue. But if you wan to apologize for Brat, you are a moron. The O are the greater underachievers, by a longshot.[/quote]

Without looking at stats ...

It FEELS like they're putting up passing yards, they just can't seem to parlay that in to points.

As for the rushing game, I think Lance had a stat on his site: Last 30 Rudi carries, 28 yards. Ouch.

-jd

[quote name='doogles' post='586137' date='Nov 5 2007, 02:26 AM']Without looking at stats ...

It FEELS like they're putting up passing yards, they just can't seem to parlay that in to points.

As for the rushing game, I think Lance had a stat on his site: Last 30 Rudi carries, 28 yards. Ouch.

-jd[/quote]
I HATE to say it. Sincerely.

But Rudi is done. If he gets any carries next season, each one will be one too many. He's fucking done.

The problem with the O is playcalling. Brat had 2-3 great calls tonight. Most of the game was just sos (same ol shit). That does not get it done on Sundays. Let him go back and coordinate games on Saturday when talent is the only decider of victory. He can't do shit in this league.

[quote name='WhoDeyUK' post='586131' date='Nov 4 2007, 09:19 PM']Sorry. The D, especially in its current condition, has performed about to expectations....

If you want to crucify Bres, I have no issue. But if you wan to apologize for Brat, you are a moron. The O are the greater underachievers, by a longshot.[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]I am no Brat apologist. I have gone on record saying that Zampese would probably do a better
job as OC. But as bad as you think Brat may be, his body of work as OC and the offenses'
statistical rankings support him. Brat is no Bill Walsh but compared to Bresnahan he looks like
a genius.

Yes the O is underachieving but the O has had more injuries than the D and inspite of that,
the O still ranks near the top of most offensive categories. That is why Brat is spared
my hatred.

Now Chucky, thats a whole different story.....................
[/b][/color]

[quote name='sneaky' post='586277' date='Nov 5 2007, 08:23 AM'][color="#FF0000"][b]I am no Brat apologist. I have gone on record saying that Zampese would probably do a better
job as OC. But as bad as you think Brat may be, his body of work as OC and the offenses'
statistical rankings support him. Brat is no Bill Walsh but compared to Bresnahan he looks like
a genius.

Yes the O is underachieving but the O has had more injuries than the D and inspite of that,
the O still ranks near the top of most offensive categories. That is why Brat is spared
my hatred.

Now Chucky, thats a whole different story.....................
[/b][/color][/quote]
The O is where the money is. That is the side of the ball that should be dictating play to the other team. And they don't.

Save the top ranking offense BS, too. Top offenses don't go ofer on 3rd down for two weeks. And they don't score a whopping 14 points on the Bills with the season on the line. Can you imagine Indy scoring only 14 on the Bills?

At crunch time, when it mattered, the team went 3 and out three times in the 4th quarter. Got 22 yards in total on those three crucial possessions. With the season hanging in the balance.

Top ranked offense my ass. Pathetic.

[quote name='WhoDeyUK' post='586278' date='Nov 5 2007, 03:33 AM']The O is where the money is. That is the side of the ball that should be dictating play to the other team. And they don't.

Save the top ranking offense BS, too. Top offenses don't go ofer on 3rd down for two weeks. And they don't score a whopping 14 points on the Bills with the season on the line. Can you imagine Indy scoring only 14 on the Bills?

At crunch time, when it mattered, the team went 3 and out three times in the 4th quarter. Got 22 yards in total on those three crucial possessions. With the season hanging in the balance.

Top ranked offense my ass. Pathetic.[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]I disagree completely.

You can hate Bratkowski and ignore the stats all you want but despite the "underachieving", despite the
lack of third down conversions and despite only scoring 14 against the Bills, the Bengals are ranked
8th in total offense.

Now you may think thats BS but with those stats, Bratkowsi's job seems pretty secure.

And speaking of "crunch time", where was the defense when the season hanging in the balance?

JP Losman threw for nearly 300 yards and Lynch sealed the deal with a back breaking long
touchdown run thanks in part to shitty tackling. In case anybody is wondering, the Bills were
ranked 31st in total offense.[/b][/color]

[quote name='sneaky' post='586284' date='Nov 5 2007, 09:04 AM'][color="#FF0000"][b]I disagree completely.

You can hate Bratkowski and ignore the stats all you want but despite the "underachieving", despite the
lack of third down conversions and despite only scoring 14 against the Bills, the Bengals are ranked
8th in total offense.

Now you may think thats BS but with those stats, Bratkowsi's job seems pretty secure.

[size=4]And speaking of "crunch time", where was the defense when the season hanging in the balance? [/size]

JP Losman threw for nearly 300 yards and Lynch sealed the deal with a back breaking long
touchdown run thanks in part to shitty tackling. In case anybody is wondering, the Bills were
ranked 31st in total offense.[/b][/color][/quote]
On the field, because the O was busy going 3 and out :wave:

[quote name='WhoDeyUK' post='586285' date='Nov 5 2007, 04:07 AM']On the field, because the O was busy going 3 and out :wave:[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]Well had they forced punts instead of all those field goals and touchdowns maybe
this pathetic offense of ours would have won the game.[/b][/color]

[quote name='sneaky' post='586286' date='Nov 5 2007, 09:15 AM'][color="#FF0000"][b]Well had they forced punts instead of all those field goals and touchdowns maybe
this pathetic offense of ours would have won the game.[/b][/color][/quote]
I can't begin to defend our D. They suck balls. There is no question. But the O ain't getting it done either. With the game on the line, they did no better.

Though if Chad could catch and run instead of only catching balls while falling down, things might have turned out a bit differently...

Archived