First Bengal to make it to their 1st prowbowl?

Who will be the first Bengal to make the pro bowl out of these guys?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the first Bengal to make the pro bowl out of these guys?

• Carson Palmer
    • Landon Johnson
    • TJ Housmandzadeh
    • Madieu Williams
    • Levi Jones
    • Eric Steinbach
    • Other

I personally think they will all make the pro bowl at sometime in their careers except maybe TJ... I think Levi or Steinbach will make it next year and Carson will make it the following year...how sweet would it be if in like 2 years Carson, Rudi (assuming he is still a bengal) and Chad all make the Pro Bowl...

Are Carson, Rudi, and Chad the next Troy, Emmitt, and Michael?

[quote name='OSUBengal' date='Mar 15 2005, 04:08 PM']I voted for Madieu simply because Carson will have a lot of competition for the 3 QB spots.
[right][post="62687"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I agree there's a lot of really great QB's in the AFC but I'm hopeful that Carson makes it in 2006.

WHO DEY!!!

Guest BengalsOwn

I think Carson Palmer takes Drew Brees's spot on the pro bowl this year. Manning and Brady will probably return.

If Roethlisberger makes it over Palmer but has a worse year, I'll be sick.

Roethlisberger is very popular after last year, and the pro bowl is a big popularity contest :rolleyes:

[quote name='BengalBeotch' date='Mar 15 2005, 10:18 PM']I think Palmer has a shot
but M. Williams is a definate!!!!!!

#40 BABY!!!!
[right][post="62826"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

levi jones is the only one on that list with a valid shot right now... there is too much depth at the qb and db positions for madieu or carson to jump right in there... many players play on the probowl level and never see the big game... its more of a popularity contest now than skill based, similar to the heisman.

[quote name='NASTYNATI' date='Mar 15 2005, 08:21 PM']levi jones is the only one on that list with a valid shot right now... there is too much depth at the qb and db positions for madieu or carson to jump right in there... many players play on the probowl level and never see the big game... its more of a popularity contest now than skill based, similar to the heisman.
[right][post="62831"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I agree. The bad knee slowed his developement, but Levi's still doing a whole lot better than the two tackles drafted ahead of him. Mike Williams was the #4 pick of the 2002 draft and he's been in and out of both Gregg Williams' and Mike Mularkey's doghouse since then. Bryant McKinney was taken by the Vikings with the #7 pick of the same draft, and while he's been decent, he hasn't become the dominant force the Vikes have hoped for. A lot of their hopes went bye-bye when he reported to camp last season at over 420 lbs. Rumor has it now that McKinney has finally used up all of Mike Tice's patience and the Vikings are quietly looking to trade him soon.

Levi, on the other hand, started as a rookie, got burned by Dwight Freeney (as did a lot of other tackles), but generally played well enough to let Richmond Webb be released. He did make some good progress the year before, until he got hurt in the second Ravens game. He hasn't been fully recovered from that until the Patriots game this past season.

If he is fully healthy for spring workouts, and he keeps on improving (Marvin and staff appears to have a lot of faith in him, leaving him one-on-one with most RDEs), I have no doubt that he's going to give Jonathan Ogden a run for a Pro Bowl berth.

With the Ravens switching to a 4-3 this year, I'm excited at the prospect of seeing Levi go one-on-one with his old practice nemesis, Terrell Suggs. Ought to be a great game within the game to watch.

[quote name='BigCatLemmer' date='Mar 16 2005, 11:58 AM']Definately Shayne and Madieu
[right][post="63137"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I voted Madieu.

Although that is a hard list to pick from. I would say Levi or Stienbach as well, but O-Linemen generally have to produce longer to get there.

Carson is a possibility, but like many on here I think 2006 is more likely simply because of the competition at QB in the AFC.

[quote name='jrandom42' date='Mar 15 2005, 10:40 PM']I agree. The bad knee slowed his developement, but Levi's still doing a whole lot better than the two tackles drafted ahead of him. Mike Williams was the #4 pick of the 2002 draft and he's been in and out of both Gregg Williams' and Mike Mularkey's doghouse since then. Bryant McKinney was taken by the Vikings with the #7 pick of the same draft, and while he's been decent, he hasn't become the dominant force the Vikes have hoped for. A lot of their hopes went bye-bye when he reported to camp last season at over 420 lbs. Rumor has it now that McKinney has finally used up all of Mike Tice's patience and the Vikings are quietly looking to trade him soon.

Levi, on the other hand, started as a rookie, got burned by Dwight Freeney (as did a lot of other tackles), but generally played well enough to let Richmond Webb be released. He did make some good progress the year before, until he got hurt in the second Ravens game. He hasn't been fully recovered from that until the Patriots game this past season.

If he is fully healthy for spring workouts, and he keeps on improving (Marvin and staff appears to have a lot of faith in him, leaving him one-on-one with most RDEs), I have no doubt that he's going to give Jonathan Ogden a run for a Pro Bowl berth.

With the Ravens switching to a 4-3 this year, I'm excited at the prospect of seeing Levi go one-on-one with his old practice nemesis, Terrell Suggs. Ought to be a great game within the game to watch.
[right][post="62856"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

levi has made it to the probowl 5 straight times on my madden franchise... [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] its a sign of good things to come!

Archived