Rudi Johnson

I've had enough of this scrub.

It was following the JJ interception. 2nd and goal - pissburgh overloads one side, we are set to run to the other. A lane is created and there's plenty of room to run.

Rudi runs right into a guy BEING FUCKING BLOCKED and falls over (like always).

He completely fails to see a lane to the right. In all honestly, it wouldn't have mattered though. It would have required a cut/sharp angle to beat the lone Steeler defender.

He has no vision.
He has no acceleration.
He's mediocre.

Don't give me this crap about him being a power back. He drops on first contact at his legs ALL THE DAMN TIME. He has no balance. I am sick of him breaking through the line, only to be brought down instantly by the safety squaring him up and drilling his sorry ass into the ground.

He runs in straight lines.

Our ineptitude on offense is due to a his inability to create makeable 3rd-down situations. The end result is an abundance of 2nd/3rd and longs and lack of sustained drives.

We can't run.
We can't stop the run.

Ya notice how much fun it is when ya see Kenny or Dorsey actually hammer his foot into the turf, take a hard angle and zip through an already closing lane?

Fuck Rudi. He's terrible.

/rant off

[quote name='goatfella' post='603584' date='Dec 2 2007, 11:49 PM']I've had enough of this scrub.

It was following the JJ interception. 2nd and goal - pissburgh overloads one side, we are set to run to the other. A lane is created and there's plenty of room to run.

Rudi runs right into a guy BEING FUCKING BLOCKED and falls over (like always).

He completely fails to see a lane to the right. In all honestly, it wouldn't have mattered though. It would have required a cut/sharp angle to beat the lone Steeler defender.

He has no vision.
He has no acceleration.
He's a scrub.

Don't give me this crap about him being a power back. He drops on first contact at his legs ALL THE DAMN TIME. He has no balance. I am sick of him breaking through the line, only to be brought down instantly by the safety squaring him up and drilling his sorry ass into the ground.

He runs in straight lines.

Our ineptitude on offense is due to a his inability to create makeable 3rd-down situations. The end result is an abundance of 2nd/3rd and longs and lack of sustained drives.

We can't run.
We can't stop the run.

Ya notice how much fun it is when ya see Kenny or Dorsey actually hammer his foot into the turf, take a hard angle and zip through an already closing lane?

Fuck Rudi. He's terrible.

/rant off[/quote]

Sadly I can't argue.

That's what I've been complaining about for three years now. I'm glad people are finally starting to realize it. The holes are there. Rudi had a gaping hole on that play and simply could not hit it. That's a very common occurrence. Even when Rudi was rushing for 1,400 yards, he was not good. Runs that he should have been popping for 10 or 15 yards he woould get tackled for two yard gains. The O-Line is not to blame. Our other RBs are not having any trouble hitting the holes and picking up good yardage.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='603601' date='Dec 2 2007, 11:56 PM']if you have a brain, you cant argue against this.[/quote]

Rudi's best attribute was always his ability to gain yards after initial contact. He seems to consistently get dropped on initial contact now. He's not running w/ that fire he used to, when he felt he still had something to prove. He never had burst, he never had elusiveness, isn't a speed back. Show me another back in this league that can't bounce it outside, given the chance. Rudi can't. Hell, he's starting to miss wide open holes that even Rudi two years ago would moonwalk through.

The worst thing about it, we ignore it, pretend it's not happening and keep calling his number. Kenny and DeeDee looked ok, but never were in there enough to build any rhythm. Rudi just doesn't have the tools anymore.

He didn't lose his vision. He just can't get there, and the offensive line isn't helping him. Much like Stephen Alexander.

He's done. He may be back next year in a workhorse role, 1st and 2nd down only when they get off to a good start, otherwise, I don't think we'll see much of him.

Remember when we used to talk about having both Rudi and Perry in the backfield and how awesome that be!

[quote name='BengalsNYC' post='603628' date='Dec 2 2007, 11:09 PM']Oh yea, one more thing. Memo to Marvin - Wasn't it you when asked about whether Rudi had lost it (paraphrased) "Oh, no. We'll know way before you ever notice it."

You don't have to sit down and review tape to affirm what we all saw tonight.[/quote]

Hey Marvin--I SEE better than I HEAR!

Rudi hasn't been the same since he lost all that weight working with his dietician. It's hard to be a 'power back' when you only weigh 215. Hell, Mr. Glass no weighs more than Rudi.

Stick a fork in Rudi--he's DONE.

[quote name='BengalsNYC' post='603620' date='Dec 3 2007, 12:06 AM']Rudi just doesn't have the tools anymore.[/quote]

In my opinion, he never did.

Sure he can blow through a partially blocked player's feeble attempt at an extended-one-arm tackle here and there, but he can't do anything else.

I wonder what kind of yards a dynamic/complete back could have racked up in '05 (O-line's peak, with a healthier and younger Willie).

[quote name='BengalsNYC' post='603620' date='Dec 3 2007, 12:06 AM']Rudi's best attribute was always his ability to gain yards after initial contact. He seems to consistently get dropped on initial contact now. He's not running w/ that fire he used to, when he felt he still had something to prove. He never had burst, he never had elusiveness, isn't a speed back. Show me another back in this league that can't bounce it outside, given the chance. Rudi can't. Hell, he's starting to miss wide open holes that even Rudi two years ago would moonwalk through.

The worst thing about it, we ignore it, pretend it's not happening and keep calling his number. Kenny and DeeDee looked ok, but never were in there enough to build any rhythm. Rudi just doesn't have the tools anymore.[/quote]
rudi lost all that weight and has blown ass sense. i could run with more force now.

[quote name='OneHeartBeat' post='603645' date='Dec 3 2007, 12:21 AM']my oh my. one day we all chant Rudi........the next...............he's a scrub[/quote]

That will happen when you are averaging under 3 yards per carry.

[quote name='OneHeartBeat' post='603649' date='Dec 3 2007, 12:22 AM']tis sad but true. I guess one day someone will call Carson a scrub[/quote]

He's not exactly playing like a hall of famer this year.

But he will never be a scrub.

Thats little Jens role.

[quote name='goatfella' post='603651' date='Dec 3 2007, 12:24 AM']Never understood the Rudi chant stuff. What's there to get excited about? What's his career long rush?[/quote]

I respect Rudi but I think he's done. IMO, ...stick a fork in him.

[quote name='OneHeartBeat' post='603654' date='Dec 3 2007, 12:25 AM']does he not hold the bengals single season rushing record?[/quote]

Stats? Who cares about stats? Stats are for guys like John Clayton.

This isn't fantasy football.

I'm just talking about what I've seen on the field.

[quote name='goatfella' post='603659' date='Dec 3 2007, 12:29 AM']Stats? Who cares about stats? Stats are for guys like John Clayton.

I'm just talking about what I've seen on the field.[/quote]

so.........what has rudi done for you lately?? is what you're saying

[quote name='goatfella' post='603659' date='Dec 3 2007, 12:29 AM']Stats? Who cares about stats? Stats are for guys like John Clayton.

I'm just talking about what I've seen on the field.[/quote]
When that started I immediately thought of Jim Mora..... STATS? STATS?? Dont talk about STATS! LOL

[quote name='goatfella' post='603668' date='Dec 3 2007, 12:35 AM']I'm just so frustrated. My apologies.

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/14.gif[/img][/quote]

I hear ya. so am I. I think the season ended for these guys in week 2 against the stains. The opening drive, they drove right down the field for a TD. Then they got overconfident, then they got in a shootout and lost the game. The stains came away from that game with a new sense of confidence and played with it the rest of the year and we came away with it full of doubt and they have played like they have that doubt in there minds the whole year.

Archived