Just bought a Wii

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='672504' date='Jun 12 2008, 02:41 PM']zelda is awlays good.

mario kart is AWESOME.

dave mirra bmx is fun.

super smash brothers

super paper mario

tiger woods

super mario galaxy

super mario strikers[/quote]

regarding mario kart, definitely worth it more than getting the old one with wii points?

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='672501' date='Jun 12 2008, 02:39 PM']Just bought a Wii because the wife has become obsessed with Wii Fit. Any game recommendations?

[b]What do people think of Metroid Prime 3?[/b][/quote]
I've read and heard that it's one of the best games for the Wii.
Be sure to try Excite Truck, too, if you like racing games, it's hella fun.
I'll also second Mario Galaxy.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='672506' date='Jun 12 2008, 02:46 PM']I've read and heard that it's one of the best games for the Wii.
Be sure to try Excite Truck, too, if you like racing games, it's hella fun.
I'll also second Mario Galaxy.[/quote]

Thanks, I'm a big metroid fan.

Mario Galaxy looks good from what I've read.

The major sports games are fun. Something about actually using the swinging motion or throwing motion instead of just pressing b or whatever, that appeals to me.

WiiFot is cool but they need a whole genre of games like that, not just wiifit. The possibilities there are practically endless.

Enjoy your game system and be thankful you got "pressured" into it. ;) Some of us had to really do some convincing and even a little bribing with the better half to make it happen.

[quote name='LudwigVan Kubrick' post='672563' date='Jun 12 2008, 05:38 PM']The major sports games are fun. Something about actually using the swinging motion or throwing motion instead of just pressing b or whatever, that appeals to me.

WiiFot is cool but they need a whole genre of games like that, not just wiifit. The possibilities there are practically endless.

Enjoy your game system and be thankful you got "pressured" into it. ;) Some of us had to really do some convincing and even a little bribing with the better half to make it happen.[/quote]

haha yea. I was never against getting one, rather the insane price to pay for it. I paid and arm and a leg for it. Her parents got wii fit and she played it once and got hooked.

[quote name='staticx682000' post='672581' date='Jun 12 2008, 07:14 PM']Stay away from Moh Vanguard and [b]buy the gun if you get Re4[/b].....[/quote]

Fuck yes.

That's one of the hardest damn games I've ever played...

[quote name='staticx682000' post='672948' date='Jun 13 2008, 07:28 PM']I bought that game and almost broke it in disgust...I always play that series and this one is bad...[/quote]

Funny, it was one of my favorites... :shrug:

[quote name='Elflocko' post='673041' date='Jun 14 2008, 12:37 AM']Funny, it was one of my favorites... :shrug:[/quote]Which game are we talking about re4 or moh..The moh is the one i hate, the game is just not for me and a few others i know, but theres games i love and others hate.I always say rent before you buy.

[quote name='staticx682000' post='673181' date='Jun 14 2008, 04:23 PM']Which game are we talking about re4 or moh..The moh is the one i hate, the game is just not for me and a few others i know, but theres games i love and others hate.I always say rent before you buy.[/quote]

I thought you were referring to RE4. My mistake...

If you're into baseball, MLB Power Pros is the one to get. The graphics are a bit cute (some see that as a drawback, but I don't. I really dig the style they use), but it's the best baseball game out there. You can create leagues with your friends, play entire seasons, develop a character all the way from college, through the minor leagues, and to the pros (it's kinda cool. a bit like an rpg)... If you dig swinging the remote for batting, and other wiimote-esque controls, you may want to wait for MLB Power Pros 2008. You can only do the "waggle" controls in exhibition and batting practice modes. 2008 should have full integration.

[quote name='mongo' post='673549' date='Jun 16 2008, 03:28 PM']If you're into baseball, MLB Power Pros is the one to get. The graphics are a bit cute (some see that as a drawback, but I don't. I really dig the style they use), but it's the best baseball game out there. You can create leagues with your friends, play entire seasons, develop a character all the way from college, through the minor leagues, and to the pros (it's kinda cool. a bit like an rpg)... If you dig swinging the remote for batting, and other wiimote-esque controls, you may want to wait for MLB Power Pros 2008. You can only do the "waggle" controls in exhibition and batting practice modes. 2008 should have full integration.[/quote]
u just soold me on this. when does 08 come out?

[quote name='mongo' post='673549' date='Jun 16 2008, 03:28 PM']If you're into baseball, MLB Power Pros is the one to get. The graphics are a bit cute (some see that as a drawback, but I don't. I really dig the style they use), but it's the best baseball game out there. You can create leagues with your friends, play entire seasons, develop a character all the way from college, through the minor leagues, and to the pros (it's kinda cool. a bit like an rpg)... If you dig swinging the remote for batting, and other wiimote-esque controls, you may want to wait for MLB Power Pros 2008. You can only do the "waggle" controls in exhibition and batting practice modes. 2008 should have full integration.[/quote]
Agreed. I just got done playing a few games on my success mode.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='673560' date='Jun 16 2008, 05:04 PM']u just soold me on this. when does 08 come out?[/quote]

July 29th. Maybe content yourself with renting the current one, and hold off a month for the new one. I hope they give the new Reds some good stats. Hopefully they finalized the stats when our guys were on a hot streak. :)

Archived