Bengals cracking down on unruly fans

i called the bengals about this yesterday, the new rules will be enforced by hamilton co sheriffs. I was nervous about the new rules, only because the central parking guys seem to get a hard on everytime they are givin a little authorty. I didnt want them to be the judge of who has had to much to drink. Now that i know it will be overseen by trained professionals i have no problem with the new rule.

[quote name='whodey24k' post='687749' date='Aug 15 2008, 11:01 PM']i called the bengals about this yesterday, the new rules will be enforced by hamilton co sheriffs. I was nervous about the new rules, only because the central parking guys seem to get a hard on everytime they are givin a little authorty. I didnt want them to be the judge of who has had to much to drink. Now that i know it will be overseen by trained professionals i have no problem with the new rule.[/quote]
as long as the laws aren't enforced by this guy :P

[img]http://www.siscom.net/~mmeece/20097a.jpg[/img]

[quote][size=5][b]Don't Drink and be a Clown[/b][/size]
Posted 8/14/2008 9:04 AM EDT on Cincinnati.com

That's all the NFL and the Bengals are asking. You can drink in public at NFL game sites. Cincinnati police chief Tom Streicher once explained to me how that's legal, while walking downtown with a Keystone Light in your hand is not, but I can't recall his explanation. Anyway, you could get falling-down wasted by kickoff if you like, theoretically. Just don't be an ass. Is that hard?

People will say the league and the club are major-league hypocrites on this one. They sell lots of beer in the stadium, right? Revenues from beer sales and beer advertising are huge. But the NFL and the Bengals are providing a product we want. It's not up to them to nanny us in our usage. If that were the norm, we'd outlaw cigarettes, booze, guns and anything else that's hazardous when used to excess.

(Here's a beef I have, though. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've been to establishments where the local officers of the law are hanging out in their cruisers right across the street, waiting for people to leave. Are they equally vigilant at Bengals games? I don't think so. Why is that?)

Anyway, a football ticket isnt a license to be an idiot, and inflict your idiocy upon others. Too many fans now think it's their right to behave any way they wish. It's not. Props to the league and the Bengals for doing what they can to lower the Idiot Factor at games.[/quote]

[url="http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?category=PluckPersona&U=c77145f462c74fa0ac03babe03d1a7e3&plckController=PersonaBlog&plckScript=personaScript&plckElementId=personaDest&plckPersonaPage=BlogViewPost&plckPostId=Blog%3ac77145f462c74fa0ac03babe03d1a7e3Post%3a86e05f39-1554-470d-872a-6ed327940775&sid=sitelife.cincinnati.com"]http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/s....cincinnati.com[/url]

[quote name='KangarWhoDey' post='687750' date='Aug 15 2008, 09:05 AM']as long as the laws aren't enforced by this guy :P

[img]http://www.siscom.net/~mmeece/20097a.jpg[/img][/quote]

i've been training with former bearcat art long, and i'm 100% ready for a rematch.

[quote name='whodey24k' post='687749' date='Aug 15 2008, 09:01 AM']i called the bengals about this yesterday, the new rules will be enforced by hamilton co sheriffs. I was nervous about the new rules, only because the central parking guys seem to get a hard on everytime they are givin a little authorty. I didnt want them to be the judge of who has had to much to drink. Now that i know it will be overseen by trained professionals i have no problem with the new rule.[/quote]

so the NFL rules will be enforced by the local police? Is the NFL paying their salaries? Amazing how the NFL can pan this on the tax payers of the county to enforce rules of a product they advertise and push for you to drink, yea, drink responsibly is a crock. sorry, but if the NFL is not help paying for the extra big brother police than that is just plain BS!

of course, nobody will be worried about this and if the hamilton county officials bring it up they will just be the bad boys in this case.

[quote name='TigerJ@w' post='688021' date='Aug 16 2008, 09:19 AM']so the NFL rules will be enforced by the local police? Is the NFL paying their salaries? Amazing how the NFL can pan this on the tax payers of the county to enforce rules of a product they advertise and push for you to drink, yea, drink responsibly is a crock. sorry, but if the NFL is not help paying for the extra big brother police than that is just plain BS!

of course, nobody will be worried about this and if the hamilton county officials bring it up they will just be the bad boys in this case.[/quote]

umm aren't there already some police down there already? This would just be changing their role a bit.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='688023' date='Aug 16 2008, 10:24 AM']umm aren't there already some police down there already? This would just be changing their role a bit.[/quote]

that was the question i asked someone but they never answered. do they have enough police all ready doing this or are they going to beef up the numbers? i asked this because i don't attend games or that many since i am out of town.

the police are gonna do what happens in front of them, there are 65000 people on a sunday, maybe 100 police. Just be cool and all will be well. Im sure a few will get arrested and an example made, but just dont be a asshat and i doubt the police will even look ur way

[quote name='TigerJ@w' post='688021' date='Aug 16 2008, 10:19 AM']so the NFL rules will be enforced by the local police? Is the NFL paying their salaries? Amazing how the NFL can pan this on the tax payers of the county to enforce rules of a product they advertise and push for you to drink, yea, drink responsibly is a crock. sorry, but if the NFL is not help paying for the extra big brother police than that is just plain BS!

of course, nobody will be worried about this and if the hamilton county officials bring it up they will just be the bad boys in this case.[/quote]

They are already down there, i'm not sure if they are adding more or leaving it as is. I really think you wont even notice the difference. As long as your not fall down drunk or puking on yourself there shouldnt be any trouble.

[quote name='TigerJ@w' post='688021' date='Aug 16 2008, 09:19 AM']so the NFL rules will be enforced by the local police? Is the NFL paying their salaries? Amazing how the NFL can pan this on the tax payers of the county to enforce rules of a product they advertise and push for you to drink, yea, drink responsibly is a crock. sorry, but if the NFL is not help paying for the extra big brother police than that is just plain BS!

You are such a drama queen. What do you think tax dollars are supposed to be used for?

That's why it's called public service, ya think?

Go to any church festival, cops work security. Go to any concert, cops work crowd control. Flying pig marathon, cops working. Highschool football games, cops working.

Working cops means more pay. More pay means more money spent. It's not hard to figure this out.

Tax dollars are being used to serve the public.

[quote name='WhoDeyThink' post='688053' date='Aug 16 2008, 12:12 PM']Its all stupid.
People work all week, spend big big money to see 8 F'n games.
Its many peoples release time.
I say get hammered and have fun. Just don't piss in public or get in a fight and you'll be fine.[/quote]

blah blah blah. If people need to get hammered to get a "release" from the rest of their life, they've got bigger problems than this policy.

[quote name='scharm' post='688052' date='Aug 16 2008, 12:56 PM']You are such a drama queen. What do you think tax dollars are supposed to be used for?

That's why it's called public service, ya think?

Go to any church festival, cops work security. Go to any concert, cops work crowd control. Flying pig marathon, cops working. Highschool football games, cops working.

Working cops means more pay. More pay means more money spent. It's not hard to figure this out.

Tax dollars are being used to serve the public.[/quote]

drama queen? you are the typical dipshiat that would waste dollars just to waste dollars. so, the local police are down there to pick up drunks off the street because the NFL says so?

i know cops work the place you MORON, but to beef up big brother security because some people don't know how to drink in public is a waste of tax payer dollars no matter how you look at. how about they go do some real police work and protect the city from criminals. or how about the NFL adopt a tougher stance on not serving alcohol if they want a clean version of fans being able to see the game without idiots?

you are clueless and always will be! that is why you are over here and not getting biatched slapped over you no where!

[quote name='TigerJ@w' post='688059' date='Aug 16 2008, 01:43 PM']drama queen? you are the typical dipshiat that would waste dollars just to waste dollars. so, the local police are down there to pick up drunks off the street because the NFL says so?

i know cops work the place you MORON, but to beef up big brother security because some people don't know how to drink in public is a waste of tax payer dollars no matter how you look at. how about they go do some real police work and protect the city from criminals. or how about the NFL adopt a tougher stance on not serving alcohol if they want a clean version of fans being able to see the game without idiots?

you are clueless and always will be! that is why you are over here and not getting biatched slapped over you no where![/quote]

OK cockbag.

So you are in favor of no police presence in any sort of public gathering.. Like fairs, parades, concerts, HS and Collegiate football games (yes they are there).

Name a large public event that could potentially get out of control and cause damage to property and private citizens and you will find a police presence. It's part of what they do.. You know, PROTECT people form POSSIBLE bad shit..

It's not all chasing down criminals.

You know the more times you call people "moron" and "clueless" for having basic differences of opinion, the more these comments actually reflect back on you to the casual observer.

[quote name='Lucid' post='688065' date='Aug 16 2008, 01:49 PM']OK cockbag.

So you are in favor of no police presence in any sort of public gathering.. Like fairs, parades, concerts, HS and Collegiate football games (yes they are there).

Name a large public event that could potentially get out of control and cause damage to property and private citizens and you will find a police presence. It's part of what they do.. You know, PROTECT people form POSSIBLE bad shit..

It's not all chasing down criminals.

You know the more times you call people "moron" and "clueless" for having basic differences of opinion, the more these comments actually reflect back on you to the casual observer.[/quote]

dude, you don't know what you are talking about so step back. scharm and I have butted heads for years on another board, so now you know, or do you?

[quote name='TigerJ@w' post='688070' date='Aug 16 2008, 01:02 PM']you ever heard of the word MORE?

plus, where did I say this 3 hours ago?[/quote]

sounds like you need to work on your memory.

[quote][quote](Bengals1181 @ Aug 16 2008, 10:24 AM)
umm [b]aren't there already some police down there already[/b]? This would just be changing their role a bit.[/quote]

[b]that was the question i asked[/b] someone but they never answered.[/quote]

[quote name='TigerJ@w' post='688059' date='Aug 16 2008, 12:43 PM']drama queen? you are the typical dipshiat that would waste dollars just to waste dollars. so, the local police are down there to pick up drunks off the street because the NFL says so?

you are clueless and always will be! that is why you are over here and not getting biatched slapped over you no where![/quote]

Hilarious. Now you are the sole judge what cops should do and shouldn't do. In your whacky world of ignorance it's the NFL that makes people go to their games and it's the NFL that makes a fraction of the people break the law.

There's no need to go over to bengalsjungle when I can shove my foot up your ass and make you look like a fool in front a much bigger audience over here.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='688057' date='Aug 16 2008, 01:30 PM']blah blah blah. If people need to get hammered to get a "release" from the rest of their life, they've got bigger problems than this policy.[/quote]
yeah, blah blah blah.
I must be making it all up. No one uses the NFL sunday to get hammered and have an afternoon away from reality.

Archived