Why isnt there a thing as a 3rd down QB?

I am sick and tired of watching Fitzpatrick make bad decisions on 3rd or 4th down.

There were 4 plays, that I counted, that all he had to do is throw the ball anywhere down field and not take a sack/run and that is exactly what he did.

We need someone who is going to throw the ball and not be stupid.

[quote name='BrassBengal' post='724715' date='Nov 16 2008, 08:53 PM']I am sick and tired of watching Fitzpatrick make bad decisions on 3rd or 4th down.

There were 4 plays, that I counted, that all he had to do is throw the ball anywhere down field and not take a sack/run and that is exactly what he did.

We need someone who is going to throw the ball and not be stupid.[/quote]

Where's Utecht? He played the whole game and basically did nothing.

[quote name='Scoutforlife591' post='724728' date='Nov 16 2008, 08:20 PM']Where's Utecht? He played the whole game and basically did nothing.[/quote]

The play that the refs called pass interference on was one play and the other I can think of was a throw in the flat for like a yard.....where he had no chance of doing anything

First of all, the only receiver getting consistently open is TJ. He is one fearless SOB and it is obvious he wants to win BADLY. Henry is almost non existent.

I don't know what to say about Chad. He runs his routes and doesn't get open much. That what I have seen the last 3 games. We have turned him into a possession receiver it seems and he seems to be going thru the motions.

Fitzpatrick is playing about as well as can be expected.

I would like to think Carson would make this team so much better but I have to be honest, I don't know how Carson creates more time to go thru his progressions given the condition of our line. I don't know any QB thats going to do well given the current situation on our left side of the line and lack of running game. Please don't take this as a Fitz is as good as Carson comment because it isn't. What I am saying is Carson probably would have to throw a lot of short quick passes underneath just like Fitz given the situation.

[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='724766' date='Nov 16 2008, 09:26 PM']I seem to think that Marvin and or the OC calls the plays. Don't lay the blame on Fitz, he's just doing what he's told to do.
MULLY[/quote]

He's referring to Fitz taking a sack on several plays when he could have thrown it away. He kept trying to run with it instead and got stopped behind the line every time.

[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='724766' date='Nov 16 2008, 09:26 PM']I seem to think that Marvin and or the OC calls the plays. Don't lay the blame on Fitz, he's just doing what he's told to do.
MULLY[/quote]

yes and no. Fitz is killing them by not throwing the ball away and taking sacks. Also, from what I understand, one of the runs in OT that we are all complaining about was an audible by Fitz.

[quote name='SF2' post='724768' date='Nov 16 2008, 09:38 PM']First of all, the only receiver getting consistently open is TJ. He is one fearless SOB and it is obvious he wants to win BADLY. Henry is almost non existent.

[b]I don't know what to say about Chad. He runs his routes and doesn't get open much. That what I have seen the last 3 games.[/b] We have turned him into a possession receiver it seems and he seems to be going thru the motions.

Fitzpatrick is playing about as well as can be expected.

I would like to think Carson would make this team so much better but I have to be honest, I don't know how Carson creates more time to go thru his progressions given the condition of our line. I don't know any QB thats going to do well given the current situation on our left side of the line and lack of running game. Please don't take this as a Fitz is as good as Carson comment because it isn't. What I am saying is Carson probably would have to throw a lot of short quick passes underneath just like Fitz given the situation.[/quote]

I think a bit of that had to do with Asante Samuel.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='724785' date='Nov 16 2008, 11:17 PM']I think a bit of that had to do with Asante Samuel.[/quote]

He is supposed to be one of the premier receivers in the league so being shut down almost the entire game and many games this year really isn't acceptable. I don't know the full extent of his injury but he just isn't the same Chad as last year. Fitz also seems afraid to throw downfield so that isn't helping any.

MULLY[/quote]

Fitz was horrible yesterday. Creates pressure for himself and then creates more negative situations than good. First sight of another teams jersey he was getting out of there and that hurt the O-Line and the entire offense. Horrible.

[quote name='SF2' post='724796' date='Nov 16 2008, 11:37 PM']He is supposed to be one of the premier receivers in the league so being shut down almost the entire game and many games this year really isn't acceptable. I don't know the full extent of his injury but he just isn't the same Chad as last year. Fitz also seems afraid to throw downfield so that isn't helping any.[/quote]

maybe some folks at the game can chime in on how often Chad was open and his route running. For all we know, Fitz just wasn't getting him the ball. Even TJ was visibly pissed that Fitz wasn't letting the ball fly when he had guys open. All I know sitting at home was the few times the ball was thrown to Chad that he didn't catch, Asante either had very good coverage or the ball was thrown behind Chad.

Archived