My parents were robbed yesterday!!!

[quote name='NASTYNATI' post='733310' date='Dec 17 2008, 04:10 PM']Thanks for all of the wishes and support everyone, That video was nuts I couldnt imagine shooting anyone but I guess if it came to them harming my family or me I would have no choice. I have two Pit Bulls in my house they both bark when they are startled but im not really sure what would happen if someone broke in. they are ultra friendly and i can see both of the dumb asses stopping to take a nice yummy peanut butter and jelly sandwich from any stranger and then most likely trying to follow them out the door on the way out.

My parents are looking into getting a bullmastiff or something large to assist in the protection process but more importantly they are thinking of moving and getting security installed.

Best of luck to you and your families during these times... and again have a safe and happy holiday.[/quote]

Kudla, the dog in my avatar, would probably lick an intruder to death. But Wojo already has bitten someone, so I'm pretty sure no one coming in uninvited would enjoy their time with him. And as big as he is, simply his presence is somewhat intimidating. He's pure great dane.

And I will say this regarding a security system. If they can, have them get a system with a 2 way speaker system. ADT calling on the phone is ok if you are home and can get to a phone, but an intruder won't be scared off by the phone ringing. But a voice over a speaker asking you to identify yourself will have more of an impact. It's also a lot better if you can't get to a phone.

[quote name='BengalInPa' post='733261' date='Dec 17 2008, 11:26 AM']there are two things in this world that I totally hate, and that's a thief and a fucking liar, the two go hand and hand.[/quote]

Amen to that.

[quote name='Jason' post='733311' date='Dec 17 2008, 05:16 PM']But Wojo already has bitten someone, so I'm pretty sure no one coming in uninvited would enjoy their time with him.[/quote]
Sounds right B)

Anyways, that sucks about your family man. I have some family around that area so its definately scary. I hope all is well and you guys have a good holliday!

I wouldn't get a dog just for security. It's not fair to the dog. You get dogs to be family members. (typically)

Sure, if they need piece of mind, then spend the 24.95 on Alarm Force. And get beeter doors and such.

It's also not hard to network a camera into your house. I've got to figure there is a service that auto uploads photage to the internet for retrieval.

I'm quite sure there are resources that actually work online.

[quote name='Scoutforlife591' post='733535' date='Dec 18 2008, 02:09 PM']I wouldn't get a dog just for security. It's not fair to the dog. You get dogs to be family members. (typically)

Sure, if they need piece of mind, then spend the 24.95 on Alarm Force. And get beeter doors and such.

It's also not hard to network a camera into your house. I've got to figure there is a service that auto uploads photage to the internet for retrieval.

I'm quite sure there are resources that actually work online.[/quote]

You can buy IP security cameras, and then set them up so that they can be viewed from anywhere if you know the IP address and the username and password.

[quote name='Scoutforlife591' post='733535' date='Dec 18 2008, 01:09 PM'][b]I wouldn't get a dog just for security. It's not fair to the dog. You get dogs to be family members. (typically)[/b]

I'm quite sure there are resources that actually work online.[/quote]

Oh, absolutely, our dogs are almost like kids. But, particularly with a dog like a Great Dane, simply the presence of the dog is a bit of security.

[quote name='Jason' post='733555' date='Dec 18 2008, 03:11 PM']Oh, absolutely, our dogs are almost like kids. But, particularly with a dog like a Great Dane, simply the presence of the dog is a bit of security.[/quote]

i'd agree with that. had a friend that owned two of them. augmenting their intimidating size, they have a bark that says "i'm gonna chew a hole out of your ass".

[quote name='bengaled' post='733561' date='Dec 18 2008, 03:31 PM']i'd agree with that. had a friend that owned two of them. augmenting their intimidating size, they have a bark that says "i'm gonna chew a hole out of your ass".[/quote]

When Kudla was still a puppy (technically) he had 2 barks, He had his play bark, and he had his "big boy" bark. He let that big boy bark out on the Fed Ex guy once and the guy never came to the door again.

Archived