Ex-Bengal Darnay Scott in jail

[quote][size=5][b]Ex-Bengal Scott in jail[/b][/size]
By the Associated Press

Friday, January 16, 2009

Former Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Darnay Scott was back in town this week — to go to jail.

Scott, 36, was transferred to Hamilton County custody Tuesday and jailed on a 2005 felony indictment accusing him of not paying child support, according to the Cincinnati Enquirer.

He remains in the Justice Center on a $150,000 bond awaiting arraignment today before Hamilton County Common Pleas Judge Dennis Helmick.

Scott played for the Bengals from 1994, when the team drafted him out of San Diego State, until 2001. He played one season after that for the Dallas Cowboys.[/quote]

[url="http://www.daytondailynews.com/sports/content/oh/story/sports/pro/bengals/2009/01/16/ddn011609spbengalsscott.html?cxtype=rss&cxsvc=7&cxcat=25"]http://www.daytondailynews.com/sports/cont...=7&cxcat=25[/url]

Scott was arrested Oct. 3 – more than three months ago – by the U.S. Border Patrol and U.S. Customs at the San Ysidro, Calif., border as he was returning from Mexico, sheriff’s spokesman Steve Barnett said. Officials there noted the outstanding warrant Hamilton County had on Scott from 2005

[sup][b]How anyone can 110% believe that someone is who they say they are on the internet is beyond me... [/b][/sup]

[url="http://www.azfamilylawblog.com/2005/02/articles/family-law-news/former-cincinnati-bengal-arrested-for-failure-to-pay-child-support/"]http://www.azfamilylawblog.com/2005/02/art...-child-support/[/url]
portia l smith - April 15, 2005 3:57 AM
Darnay Scott is the father of my daughter, he is a ex football player for the bengals and dallas. He was in the league for almost 10 yrs, made millions and only pays like 200 a month, and doesnt pay that. There is a warrant out for his arrest now but they are not doing anything to pick him up, the warrant is in ohio and he is not nor does he have a reason to go back there. The judge acts like he doesnt care, look at what he's ordered to pay, peanuts. What can I do?

[url="http://aztectalk3.proboards88.com/index.cgi?board=off&action=display&thread=21557&page=1"]http://aztectalk3.proboards88.com/index.cg...1557&page=1[/url]
I am the mother of DIarnay Scotts daughter.. He can at least pay, he nor his family has anything to do with our daughter because they felt that my daughter was taking out of their mouths..Mind you that these are all grown adults, his own mother included! My child has only seen him in court and thats when she was about 3yrs old.. She's 10 now! He wouldnt even show up for court half the time or they would continue it for things like, he had a celebrity golf game and silly things like that.. The judge gave him all kinds of special treatment instead of my daughter which is the one who deserves better.. the judge asked him about his monthly bills in court and he said that he spent about 15 to 20 THOUSAND a month on car notes alone and he cant pay his child support?? But, that's not all.. like I said before my child hasnt seen him in yrs and WHEN she did have his cell phone # he would hang up on her and told her one day, he was not her daddy! She remembers all of this! I want to thank everyone for their concern, it's good to know just because you played football well(and not the well, barney arms!) dont mean you get off without taking care of your children and the people out there has JORDANS back(that's my daughters name) take care and GOD BLESS!

>TOPNOTCH??? ANYWAY, YOU HAVE THE WRONG MOTHER IF YOU THINK I DONT HAVE MY DAUGHTER.. I'VE HAD MY DAUGHTER ALL OF HER LIFE AND WILL CONTINUE TO RAISE HER UNTIL SHE IS GROWN AND THERE AFTER IF NEEDED.. THATS WHAT A REAL PARENT DOES! SECOND.. I DID NOT HAVE MY DAUGHTER FOR MONEY. I LOVED DARNAY AND HE KNEW THAT..YOU DONT KNOW HOW MANY TEARS I CRIED AND WAYS I WENT OUT OF MY WAY TO SHOW HIM BECAUSE HE CAME FROM A DISTURBING, DISFUNCTIONAL FAMILY THAT ONLY LOOKED AT HIM AS A MEAL TICKET.. 3RD I NEVER WAS ALL ABOUT MONEY AS A MATTER OF FACT.. I REMEMBER THE FIRST TIME I ASKED DARNAY FOR ANYKIND OF HELP MY DAUGHTER WAS ABOUT 8MOS. I SAID COULD YOU PLEASE HELP BUY HER SOME WINTER CLOTHES IT'S STARTING TO GET COLD OUTSIDE AND I NEED THEM BECAUSE SHE OUTSIDE ALOT! (WHY YOU ASK?) BECAUSE I WOULD TAKE HER UP ON CAMPUS WITH ME SO I COULD GET TO SCHOOL AND MY FRIENDS WOULD WATCH HER WHILE I WENT TO CLASS! HE SAID YES AND JUST TO MAKE IT EASY, I TOLD HIM I WOULD PICK OUT THE CLOTHES ALL HE HAD TO DO WAS GO AND PAY AND I WOULD PICK THEM UP FROM THE STORE.. THE NEXT TIME I HEARD FROM HIM IT WAS SUMMER TIME..SO DONT TELL ME I WAS JUST WANTING MONEY AND ALSO TOUCHING ON THE $6000 THING.. THATS WHAT THE JUDGE ORDERED HIM TO PAY, NOT WHAT I ASKED FOR, YOU DONT GO TO COURT TELLING THE JUDGE WHAT YOU WANT THE ABSENT PARENT TO PAY, THATS NOT HOW IT WORKS SWEETIE. BESIDE I DONT THINK THATS ALOT CONSIDERING SHE GET NOTHING ELSE(NO NURTURING, GUIDANCE, LOVE, ETC) FROM HIM OR HIS FAMILY! ALSO, WHO ARE YOU TO SAY I AM NOT RESPECTABLE???? AND PEOPLE LIKE MYSELF GIVE YOU A BAD NAME?? I DONT KNOW YOU AND YOU HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH ME AND MY SITUATION SO WHY ARE YOU TAKING IT SO PERSONAL? I HAVE TRIED TO WORK IT OUT BY SPEAKING WITH MR. SCOTT AROUND 4YRS AGO, IT DIDNT WORK. I EVEN WENT AS FAR AS DROPPING MY SUPPORT ORDER SO HE WOULD KNOW THAT IT WAS MORE SO ABOUT HIM BEING IN HER LIFE.. THAT DIDNT WORK EITHER SO.. WHAT AM I TO DO NOW?? F HIM PAY UP!!! I'M TAKING RESPONSIBILITY FOR OUR CHILD, SO SHOULD HE! ONE MORE THING.. I DIDNT AIR MY DIRTY LAUNDRY IT'S PUBLIC RECORD! PEOPLE CALLED ME TO LET ME KNOW ABOUT THE MOST WANTED LIST. IT'S CALLED THE LAW!

but when asked "how many children do you have, by how many different men, and how many were born out of wedlock? " that person never responded.

The only thing I hope is that Hamilton County takes a good look at the financial means of this person. Too many judgements against her... Fraud, etc... Easily researched. Keep in mind that St. Louis is a former stomping ground for Darnay.

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' post='740489' date='Jan 16 2009, 02:06 PM']i liked him when he used to play for us. he actually was a good reciever.[/quote]

i still remember the leaping catch he made opening day 2001 vs the Patriots, before tom brady was tom brady. he ended that day with 5 catches for 104yds. I think I'll know that stat the rest of my life.

[quote name='esjbh2' post='740513' date='Jan 16 2009, 03:35 PM']I'm quite surprised that he is only 36...if Chad and TJ are gone next year, let's see what he can do in training camp. :ninja:[/quote]

Bengals better not put Scott on the back of jersey though. He changed his name to DAVIDSON, SCOTT

Try a search under any of the following cities/states: ENCINO, CA PASADENA, CA POWAY, CA SAN DIEGO, CA JACKSONVILLE, FL FLORENCE, KY METAIRIE, LA NEW ORLEANS, LA DETROIT, MI CINCINNATI, OH

Must have happened shortly after he sold his home in St. Louis for $725,000 on February 28, 2005
B: Kathy L Leffler (Wife) and Preston R Leffler (Husband)
S: Darnay Scott
1092 Manors Way, Town & Country, MO 63011

Archived