So does anyone think Goodell will make an example out of Leon Hall?

I don't think there is any "new" policy coming down from GoOdell. He is just reminding everyone of the rules that are already in place. Under those rules Hall would not earn a suspension for a first offense like this. So I don't think he will miss any playing time.

But I also won't be too shocked if he was suspended for a game. Not because of a hatred for the Bengals, but as a backlash to the whole Stallworth affair.

[quote name='oldschooler' post='782055' date='Jun 23 2009, 08:54 PM']What in the Wide World of Sports happened to this thread?

It got merged with a thread from January somehow. :crazy:

It appears it has happed to a few threads. :22:[/quote]

It's happening to pretty much every new thread

[quote name='esjbh2' post='741763' date='Jan 22 2009, 08:44 PM']:lol: :lol:

When I was a kid, it was normal to call flip-flops: 'thongs'. I have to be careful myself as obviously the meaning is quite different now. ;)[/quote]

I know this is an old thread which makes me way off topic, but the real thongs are what they call flip flops now. The butt thong was named in reference to the foot thongs since the butt thong has a small piece of material that wedges in a poor soul that decides to wear one's ass like the foot thong has material that wedges between your toes. I probably still call them thongs without thinking, but I'm old.

[quote name='Hooky' post='782105' date='Jun 24 2009, 08:55 AM']I know this is an old thread which makes me way off topic, but the real thongs are what they call flip flops now. The butt thong was named in reference to the foot thongs since the butt thong has a small piece of material that wedges in a poor soul that decides to wear one's ass like the foot thong has material that wedges between your toes. I probably still call them thongs without thinking, but I'm old.[/quote]

I agree.

Also since you "take a dip" in the bathing suit type thong I think they are technically called "dipthongs".

[quote name='fredtoast' post='782119' date='Jun 24 2009, 10:40 AM']I agree.

Also since you "take a dip" in the bathing suit type thong I think they are technically called "dipthongs".[/quote]

That sounds like a good derogatory name to call somebody, like "asshat".

[quote name='Hooky' post='782128' date='Jun 24 2009, 10:56 AM']That sounds like a good derogatory name to call somebody, like "asshat".[/quote]

I find it odd that you can say "ass" on the radio, but not "hole".

Archived