2003 Nissan Sentra car issue/Check Engine light/Wont start.

GoBengals

[quote name='bubba' post='755982' date='Mar 13 2009, 10:46 PM']My Chrysler Concorde has 140,000 I've changed the oil regular and put plugs and brake pads on it. My buddies have bought Japanese cars and they aren't more reliable. Maybe in the 80's but not today, that is a myth.[/quote]

lol.

well i have friends that are repair people at both a honda and a gm dealer. and i know family members on my side and wifes who buy each and have seen the difference.

there is indeed a large difference...

a myth.. holy shit...thats crazy talk.

every ratings magazine on the planet rates them accordingly. and my brother-n-law works for chrysler and admits the huge differences...

if you take great care of your car, either will last a long time, if you let a few small things slip.. the jap car will last much longer..

looks like there was a recall for this exact part and problem... i may be in luck

[quote]Vehicle Make / Model: Model Year(s):
INFINITI / G35 2003
INFINITI / I35 2002-2003
INFINITI / M45 2003
INFINITI / Q45 2002
NISSAN / 350Z 2003
NISSAN / ALTIMA 2002
NISSAN / MAXIMA 2002-2003
NISSAN / MURANO 2003
NISSAN / SENTRA 2000-2003
NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number: 03V455000
Summary:
ON CERTAIN PASSENGER VEHICLES, THE CIRCUIT BOARD FOR THE CRANK POSITION SENSOR OR CAM POSITION SENSOR MAY HAVE AN IMPROPER SOLDER JOINT DUE TO SOLDER DEFORMATION CAUSED BY HEAT STRESS ACCELERATED BY THE EXISTENCE OF FLUX RESIDUE DURING THE SOLDERING PROCESS.
Consequence:
THIS COULD CAUSE THE "SERVICE ENGINE SOON" WARNING LIGHT TO COME ON, CREATE A NO START CONDITION, CAUSE REDUCED ENGINE POWER, OR CAUSE THE ENGINE TO STOP RUNNING WITHOUT WARNING DURING VEHICLE OPERATION, WHICH COULD RESULT IN A CRASH.
Remedy:
DEALERS WILL REPLACE THE CRANK POSITION SENSORS. CAMSHAFT POSITION SENSOR(S), AND IN SOME CASES, THE VARIABLE TIMING CONTROL SENSOR(S). VEHICLES INVOLVED IN A PREVIOUS RECALL CAMPAIGN, 01V357, ARE ALSO INCLUDED IN THIS NEW CAMPAIGN. THE REPLACEMENT SENSORS USED IN THAT CAMPAIGN ARE ALSO AFFECTED. OWNER NOTIFICATION BEGAN ON DECEMBER 22, 2003. OWNERS SHOULD CONTACT NISSAN AT 1-800-647-7261 OR INFINITI AT 1-800-662-6200.
Notes:
NISSAN RECALL NO. R3022/INFINITI RECALL NO. R3021. CUSTOMERS CAN ALSO CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION¿S AUTO SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-DASH-2-DOT (1-888-327-4236).[/quote]

Toyota is finding out the hard way what it's like to be the biggest car maker in the world.

The more you make, the harder it is to keep up the quality.

That's why my next vehicle will be a Honda (which says a lot as I grew up in a GM family, but my GMC Canyon was the last fucking straw... :glare:)

as for the original topic.. fuck the crankshaft positions sensor.. for christ sake..

finally got it replaced.. it was a BITCH to get out.. my dad and i wrked for about an hour.. then get got it out an hour after that after i left to watch my kids..

days later.. but only $35 spent, its fixed and the car works fine thus far...

thanks for everyones help!

Archived