Who got the phone call from Carson Palmer?

[quote name='GoBengals' post='757285' date='Mar 20 2009, 10:32 AM']i did.[/quote]

Did he not sound just like his commerical? All this reminds me of Marvin's letters back in early 03.

“Hi, this is Carson Palmer, and I am calling today to thank you for keeping your Bengals season tickets. We know this is a tough time and your support means a lot. Last season was my most disappointing ever. But I am ready today to get back out on the field and win games. This season will be exciting and we need you to keep the stadium loud and fun. So I wanted you to know that we appreciate your loyalty to our team, and I will do anything I can to make the Bengals a season surprise Super Bowl team. Go Bengals.“

i didnt even hear him anniunce himself.. half way through im like "who the fuck is this and why are they talking to me"

i thought it was aaron harang, talkin about the reds... cause i cancelled my season tickets a year ago or so..for the reds..

the bengals should put some production value into these things in the future.. they used to.... the one with marvins halftime speech getting the team pumped and so on..

cool that they did it tho.... i cant wait for some reason football action to occur.

PALMER AIMS FOR THE SUPER BOWL
Posted by Mike Florio on March 20, 2009, 9:04 a.m. EDT

Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer is already talking Super Bowl.

How do we know?

Palmer mentions the “S” word (followed by the “B” word) in a recorded marketing call that Bengals season ticket holders are receiving from the team. One recipient of the message forwarded the audio to us.

Here’s the text: “Hi, this is Carson Palmer, and I am calling today to thank you for keeping your Bengals season tickets. We know this is a tough time and your support means a lot. Last season was my most disappointing ever. But I am ready today to get back out on the field and win games. This season will be exciting and we need you to keep the stadium loud and fun. So I wanted you to know that we appreciate your loyalty to our team, and I will do anything I can to make the Bengals a season surprise Super Bowl team. Go Bengals.“

Though the message presumes that the recipient already has renewed his or her season tickets, we’re under the impression that the call is being used to coax them into making the purchase via the same vocal inflections that, say, Pacman Jones might eventually learn to use when attempting to persuade a restaurant patron to expand his or her order.

“You want fries with that?”

“You want fries with that.”

“You want fries with that, bitch!”

Coincidentally, yours truly identified a certain Ohio team not from Cleveland as a potential dark horse for the Super Bowl in Thursday’s no-particular-reason live chat.

Really, it’s not all that far-fetched. With a healthy Palmer and a reborn Cedric Benson and a motivated Chad Johnson, a Laveranues Coles who’s merely happy to be playing with a franchise quarterback under the age of 50, and an improving defense, the Bengals could surprise some folks this year.

The biggest question mark is offensive line. And given the extent to which a porous wall of blockers might result in further injuries to Palmer, it’s probably a good idea for the team to take steps aimed at ensuring that Palmer won’t get broken into multiple pieces.

I got the call as well....on my voicemail...so I missed the first few seconds of it...

Archived