What about US trading up???

The Chiefs are rumored to want to move down. I think everyone (including Marvin) would love to have Aaron Curry, I know i would anyway.

How do people feel about swapping our #6 and Chad Ochocinco for their #3 and their second or third round pick? or some variaration with the 2-7 round picks.

in my mind the Chiefs have to be thinking they need to add a playmaker for newly acquired Matt Cassel and trading T. Gonzalez isn't helping all that much.

I would go for it especially if the bengals coaches are as high on Collins at LT as people are saying they are. With the seconds we could get 1 of 3 good centers and a guard (Whit goes to RT) or a RT.

Just throwing it out there because i haven't heard anyone talk about that scenario.

[quote name='Jay Lenos Chin' post='767168' date='Apr 24 2009, 03:21 PM']hell no at paying #3 money to a LB
if curry is there at 6 take him, if not too bac[/quote]

fuck man, it's not coming out of your pocket. the way i see it, mike brown owes us a little something.

0 for 1 so far i guess.

[quote name='Jay Lenos Chin' post='767168' date='Apr 24 2009, 04:21 PM']hell no at paying #3 money to a LB
if curry is there at 6 take him, if not too bac[/quote]

you act like we would use the money we saved on other players, like we did last year after we cut players, we went right out and spent the money bringing us back up to the salary cap

:ninja:

We are in a perfect position in this draft. The guy we want is going to be there. We don't have to take him too high. But if we trade down, the guy we want won't be there any longer, and there's a dropoff. If ever there was a year to stay where we are, it's this year.

bengals arent going to trade up and shell out more money for a player.....its just not happening ....
hell theyd rather trade down but outside of Sanchez noone wants to pay out the big bucks for a top 6 draft pick...
that stuff about the Bills trading down to grab Smith is bullshit imo...

[quote name='WhoDeyBabe' post='767183' date='Apr 24 2009, 08:01 PM']We are in a perfect position in this draft. The guy we want is going to be there. We don't have to take him too high. But if we trade down, the guy we want won't be there any longer, and there's a dropoff. If ever there was a year to stay where we are, it's this year.[/quote]

Who do we want? I want to know.

I don't think that it's necessary to trade up. But for what it's worth, I heard on the NFLN that owners and GM's are throwing out the traditional draft value chart. So moving up won't cost as much as it used to, but at the same time, moving back isn't going to be as rewarding as years prior.

[quote name='scharm' post='767266' date='Apr 24 2009, 10:58 PM']Do not trade up in this first round.

If you trade up it should be from the 3rd into the 2nd.[/quote]

X2 If all 3 centers are still on the board at 38, take BPA, then trade up once one or two of them are off the board.

[quote name='scharm' post='767266' date='Apr 24 2009, 10:58 PM']Do not trade up in this first round.

If you trade up it should be from the 3rd into the 2nd.[/quote]

Yep. I was looking at a mock draft this morning and there were very few intriguing players in the 3rd round but the 2nd round was absolutely loaded. I'd love to package some of our 2nd day picks to get another 2nd rounder.

Archived