NEW MADDEN INFO AND VIDEOS

[url="http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/plugged-in/new-madden-game-finally-revealed-tackles-the-past/1314619"]http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/plugged...he-past/1314619[/url]

[url="http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/982/982670p1.html"]http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/982/982670p1.html[/url]

All of the QBs look like they're on the Callista Flockhart diet.

Also, I would be wary of a Madden that tries to change so many things in one game. Usually it takes them two years to get things right.

[quote name='#22' post='777249' date='May 18 2009, 11:54 PM']All of the QBs look like they're on the Callista Flockhart diet.

Also, I would be wary of a Madden that tries to change so many things in one game. Usually it takes them two years to get things right.[/quote]

2 things on that.

1. there are zero other options, so it doesnt matter much, it is what it is.
2. since its not 1997 anymore, most games do MANY updates throughout the games first 6 months, finding bugs and things, it auto downloads and saves in your console. my MLB game has had like 5 of them...

really no matter what happens, the game should be improved...

[quote name='GoBengals' post='777345' date='May 19 2009, 11:33 AM']2 things on that.

1. there are zero other options, so it doesnt matter much, it is what it is.
2. since its not 1997 anymore, most games do MANY updates throughout the games first 6 months, finding bugs and things, it auto downloads and saves in your console. my MLB game has had like 5 of them...

really no matter what happens, the game should be improved...[/quote]

Yet five years later we are still with the broken Injured Reserve rules. Seems like an easy fix. We will see if the 5th time is the charm.

• 2 weeks later...
Did the 2010 Madden player rankings come out yet? I was watching sportscenter this morning and they mentioned it, but i can only find the rookie ratings, which i was pretty pleased with the bengals rookies considering EA dropped the rankings this year to make the game more realistic.

Post a link if you find it.... thanks

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='sois' post='777378' date='May 19 2009, 02:13 PM']Yet five years later we are still with the broken Injured Reserve rules. Seems like an easy fix. We will see if the 5th time is the charm.[/quote]

I've never used the IR on the game. If someone got hurt I just played with the next guy and went with it. Never had a problem with it at all...

Actually, I've only had one problem with the game at all. No cap roblems, no nothing. I hope it's extremely hard this year in every aspect of the game... keeping players healthy, cap regulations, and game play. I won last night BIG on Madden with a Bengals team where I have a bunch of 70's and 80's starting. Playing defense is too easy. I'm getting 10+ picks with two of my backers every season.

edit: What is that IR deal?

[quote name='Tigris' post='780978' date='Jun 7 2009, 10:56 AM']I've never used the IR on the game. If someone got hurt I just played with the next guy and went with it. Never had a problem with it at all...

Actually, I've only had one problem with the game at all. No cap roblems, no nothing. I hope it's extremely hard this year in every aspect of the game... keeping players healthy, cap regulations, and game play. I won last night BIG on Madden with a Bengals team where I have a bunch of 70's and 80's starting. Playing defense is too easy. I'm getting 10+ picks with two of my backers every season.

edit: What is that IR deal?[/quote]

I think what Sois is talking about is when your player is injured for the year, and you put him on IR, it is SUPPOSED to free up a space on your active roster so you can sign a FA, but it doesn't.

[quote name='Cat' post='780981' date='Jun 7 2009, 12:23 PM']I think what Sois is talking about is when your player is injured for the year, and you put him on IR, it is SUPPOSED to free up a space on your active roster so you can sign a FA, but it doesn't.[/quote]

Oh, I see...

I never sign FAs. I play with the team I started the game with and the people I draft. I do not think I have ever signed a free agent during a franchise. It's weird but I feel like it's cheating. I don't know... strange

Playing without injuries makes playing Franchise mode kind of pointless. Besides, that ruins my killer strategy:

First game against Steelers: Blitz every other down on defense; cripple Roethlisberger.
First game against Browns: Blitz every down; cripple Anderson, then Quinn.
First game against Ravens: Blitz every other down; cripple Falco.
????????
Profit!!!

It worked better in '08, when 1/2 the injuries were season/career enders.

[quote name='#22' post='781031' date='Jun 7 2009, 10:38 PM']Playing without injuries makes playing Franchise mode kind of pointless. Besides, that ruins my killer strategy:

First game against Steelers: Blitz every other down on defense; cripple Roethlisberger.
First game against Browns: Blitz every down; cripple Anderson, then Quinn.
First game against Ravens: Blitz every other down; cripple Falco.
????????
Profit!!!

It worked better in '08, when 1/2 the injuries were season/career enders.[/quote]

HA!

i have to appreciate a good underpants gnome reference when i see one.

[img]http://www.queuefull.net/~bensons/graphics/UnderpantsGnomesPlan.jpg[/img]

Archived