I hate Cleveland

It's Cleveland week, which to some means more than others as Bengals fans.

I've been a fan since the mid 80's, and I remember what it was like to duke it out with those fuckstains from the north. They were, most of the time, a pretty good team and the rivalry was intense. It was very similar to what we see with the Bengals and Squealers today.

I am 33 years old, and I HATE Cleveland. I hate them as much as I hate Pittsburgh. As with Pittsburgh, I hate their teams, the fans and the city. I really take it that far. I've been to both towns and they are both garbage....though Cleveland takes the honor of biggest shithole I've been to. The smell alone gives them the crown.

There are people on this board who have been fans since well before I was born, and I think they can only re-inforce the hatred for Cleveland that I feel. The rivalry goes back to the Paul Brown/Art Modell days and it was always an intense game when Paul was alive. It might not be the same organization after Modell ran off to Baltimore, but it's still the fucking Cleveland Browns. I don't care who owns the team. As a Bengals fan who has been around for awhile, I still carry that chip on my shoulder that Paul Brown himself carried after Modell fucked him over in the 60's. The reason we have football here in Cincy is because Modell fucked Brown over...and it's also the reason that the rivalry continues for most longtime fans.

We have the edge in the series...and we HAVE to keep building on it. As fans, we have to continue to build upon that rivalry. I feel like the Shitsburgh rivalry kinda took over after 2005, but we can't ignore this one. It's the one that means the most to this franchise over the years. Sure Pissburgh means the most currently, but in the big picture, it's Cleveland.

It's Cleveland week baby! Anyone who takes this game lightly hasn't been around long. It's almost always a nail biter, almost always tough. It doesn't matter who is the better team on paper.

I can't wait for this game. I ALWAYS get fired up for Cleveland week...always! WHO DEY?! NOT DEY!! :headbang:

I hate Cleveland more than Pittsburgh. I always have. To beat the Steelers is a time to be happy. To beat the Browns it should be expected.

The Cleveland fan base with all their bullshit about tradition just wore on you in the 80s/90s. They've never been better than the Bengals and many times far worse.

Cleveland has the Brian Sipe melt down, next year Bengals AFC Champions. Cleveland has the drive, fumble etc. in the middle of all that Bengals AFC Champions.

Bengals horrible team in the 90s, what do the Browns do? They lose the whole fuckin team. I'm glad they suck and hope they suck forever. If there are any Bengal fans wondering why, just wait until they the get a decent couple year run. You think you hate Steeler fans, think again. They'll come out of the wood work worse than Cub fans. Even worse they won't be humble about it. Their attitude will be like they've been on a 49er 80s type run forever.

No matter how bad we smack them around every fuckin preseason those Brown fans will be marking the Bengals down for a sweep and last in the division no matter what. Annoying really.

Lose to fucking Cleveland this week and the coaching staff should be fired. Marvin's teams have dropped a couple winnable games against that shithole franchise before don't let it happen again.

[color="#FF0000"][font="Arial"]anyone else noticing the browns fans are uncharacteristically quiet this week? even with their current win/loss record, they're still way quiet. that only means one thing... if by some miracle the browns were to pull something off, we'd never hear the end. i want to embarrass cleveland fans in a way that i'll never get a second look from a shitland fan. :excl: [/font][/color]

[quote name='WhoDeeez' date='30 September 2009 - 09:01 AM' timestamp='1254315690' post='809519']
[color="#FF0000"][font="Arial"]anyone else noticing the browns fans are uncharacteristically quiet this week? even with their current win/loss record, they're still way quiet. that only means one thing... if by some miracle the browns were to pull something off, we'd never hear the end. [b]i want to embarrass cleveland fans in a way that i'll never get a second look from a shitland fan[/b]. :excl: [/font][/color]
[/quote]

I figure this is as good a starting point as any....I call it Douche meet Douche

[img]http://images.sportsbybrooks.com/f/c/fc0ae71c2d4ffd274586a22ce4ec77c7_bretbrady.jpg[/img]

My hatred for all things Cleveland snuck out of town in 1996. Believe me, I shared your universal hatred for everything north of Columbus all through the 70's, 80's, and 90's. In the end though, taking a team away from Cleveland was just wrong. That act effectively emasculated an entire city. Punch a guy, hit him with a brick, shoot him, whatever. I'm totally cool with it... Cutting off the city of Cleveland's balls and leaving them alive was just too cruel.

Don't get me wrong, I want us to run up 60+ on them this Sunday. I want to beat them like a drum twice a year until the end of time (they never make the playoffs in my world, so beating them a third time in a year just doesn't happen ;)). I just don't hate the city or people anymore. Modell managed to do to the entire city of Cleveland what he did to Paul Brown, and that makes a bit of a difference to me.

[quote name='mongo' date='30 September 2009 - 11:08 AM' timestamp='1254319696' post='809548']
My hatred for all things Cleveland snuck out of town in 1996. Believe me, I shared your universal hatred for everything north of Columbus all through the 70's, 80's, and 90's. In the end though, taking a team away from Cleveland was just wrong. That act effectively emasculated an entire city. Punch a guy, hit him with a brick, shoot him, whatever. I'm totally cool with it... Cutting off the city of Cleveland's balls and leaving them alive was just too cruel.

Don't get me wrong, I want us to run up 60+ on them this Sunday. I want to beat them like a drum twice a year until the end of time (they never make the playoffs in my world, so beating them a third time in a year just doesn't happen ;)). I just don't hate the city or people anymore. Modell managed to do to the entire city of Cleveland what he did to Paul Brown, and that makes a bit of a difference to me.
[/quote]

I'm the exact opposite. When that team moved it's like they got a "get out of jail free" card. In minds of Browns fans they kept the GOOD part of their history and somehow the BAD is just Art Modell's fault and not associated in any form. I hated 1999 when they came back and all this recreating "The BROWNS great tradition". Seriously any AFC Central fan was probalbly be like "What the fuck is all Cleveland hoopla about?".

My hatered for Cleveland grew when they came back.

[quote name='ChicagoBengal' date='30 September 2009 - 10:44 AM' timestamp='1254318241' post='809537']
I figure this is as good a starting point as any....I call it Douche meet Douche

[img]http://images.sportsbybrooks.com/f/c/fc0ae71c2d4ffd274586a22ce4ec77c7_bretbrady.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

He is dangling his package on his back. :pointlaff:

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='30 September 2009 - 01:31 PM' timestamp='1254328260' post='809613']
[img]http://hotjocks.files.wordpress.com/2007/05/brady.jpg[/img]

[img]http://206forthetwenties.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/grabbybradyquinn1.jpg[/img]

[img]http://pinkisthenewblog.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/071808_bradym4mfacebookad.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

:24: :24: :24:

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' date='30 September 2009 - 12:58 PM' timestamp='1254329898' post='809621']
i know, he was talking about the rock and roll hall of fame.
[/quote]

I think that's why the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is there--it makes sense. Maybe I'm missing something? Perhaps I should watch the video of the Rock

Archived