Delay of Game Penalties

One thing I am still getting very pissed about is our continued inability to avoid delay penalties. I think we had 3 today. I can't quite put my finger on it, but I believe there is some issues with getting the audibles called and the motion shifts don't help. I also believe the premature snap by Kyle Cook has something to do with us taking a longer than usual time once the OL is at the line of scrimmage. In my opinion, Kyle got a bit nervous because his internal clock was ticking. I think there were about 1 or 2 seconds on the playclock when he snapped it which lead me to believe he snapped it because he was set for way too long.

Regardless of the botched snap, I just think this needs to be tightened up asap. We can't give the other team 5 yards because we can't snap the ball on time...

had a few at home.. just not as many...

been way too many for sure..

its good to have most of the false start penalties behind us from earlier in the season.. but we need to stop hurting ourselves.. i think penalties ahve been at an acceptable level the last two weeks..

dumb ones.. yes.. but not as concerning as the start of the year...

eliminating mistakes in general has to be a high focus..

1 of the delay of games carson was asking for it and yelling and clapping and shit and kyle still didnt snap it. the time we snapped early and caused the fumble we still had 5 seconds on the clock and i bet kyle was getting nervous. the other ones just seemed to be carson paying too much attention to reading the defense and not enough on the clock.

I counted three delay of game penalties today, to go along with two false starts and one holding penalty. Coats and Whit got the false starts and Cook got the holding penalty, which wiped out a 20 yd completion to Henry and was followed shortly thereafter by Reed's pick six. The Bengals can definitely say that penalties help keep this game closer than it should have been. Only one defensive penalty against six for the offense.

[quote name='gatorclaws' date='12 October 2009 - 12:06 AM' timestamp='1255316790' post='814929']
I'm not as worried about those on the road against the Ravens, that place is loud. It's part of home field advantage.

[b]How've we been at home with delay of game penalties?[/b]
[/quote]

I was gonna ask the same thing. It's not an excuse, but we've played in 3 very loud road stadiums so far.

Archived