TROTTER: Steelers won't lose another game this year

I love being the underdog. It is so much fun to watch the Bengal haters and Steeler and Raven lovers realize they are not as good as ALL of the writers and sport experts say they are. I can hear the Steeler fans saying now, "But we were suppose to win this home game?"

I don't get that. They are certainly hot right now and nobody here would be surprised if they won this Sunday. But they don't have that easy of a schedule left. Writers always get so caught up in the previous weeks games they just seem to forget what kind of a league the NFL is. Average teams beat the best teams all the time.

Also, he turned the same statement into 2. "The Steelers won't lose another regular season game" and "The Steelers will win the Superbowl" obviously means "The Steelers won't lose another game". Too lazy to think up the 10th prediction.

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='11 November 2009 - 07:47 AM' timestamp='1257943660' post='825810']
who the hell is jim trotter?
[/quote]
Jeremiah's little autistic brother. He was a ballboy for the Eagles, so he obviously has some keen insight into football.

[quote name='BENGALS666' date='11 November 2009 - 01:22 AM' timestamp='1257916974' post='825787']
[url="http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/jim_trotter/11/10/predictions/index.html"]TROTTER ARTICLE[/url]

Fails to consider that with our remaining schedule that a win Sunday all but locks the division title for Cincy...
[/quote]

[quote name='Since 87' date='11 November 2009 - 11:29 AM' timestamp='1257953357' post='825872']
I don't get that. They are certainly hot right now and nobody here would be surprised if they won this Sunday. But they don't have that easy of a schedule left.
[/quote]

A Bengals win would certainly make the division yours to lose, but after us you still have the Vikings and the Chargers (both on the road). After you guys, the Steelers dont have another team on the schedule that currently has a winning record.

I dont think the Steelers are going to win out, but Sunday will probably decide the division.

[quote name='oftt4' date='11 November 2009 - 12:13 PM' timestamp='1257956014' post='825899']
A Bengals win would certainly make the division yours to lose, but after us you still have the Vikings and the Chargers (both on the road). After you guys, the Steelers dont have another team on the schedule that currently has a winning record.

I dont think the Steelers are going to win out, but Sunday will probably decide the division.
[/quote]

The only reason baltimore doesnt have a winning record is because of us, besides their 2 losses to us they are 4-2. plus they have cleveland this week so they will be over .500 in a few days. Dont act like you are gonna just walk all over baltimore twice.

I've tried to say this the past couple weeks.

Pitts last 7 games are all "winnable" (I'll consider them "easy") games for them.

After us,

- They play KC. Should any more need to be typed?

- Then Balt. A tougher game I admit, but the Steelers beat a "decent" Ravens team, not once, not twice, but 3 times last season. VERY hard to do. The last time the Ravens beat Pitt was the very last game of 2007, a game which didn't really mean anything at that point for Pitt, so that dosen't even really count. Pitt beat Balt in their matchup earlier that season.

- They play Oak, in Pitt.

- They play Cleveland.

- They play Green Bay.

- Baltimore again.

- They play Miami.

Maybe Balt is due for at least one win, maybe they can help us out and do us 2 favors, but I can't count on it, so..

Thats 7 straight possible wins, and I was worried about the Broncos and Bengals games as well, 9 straight wins? Ouch. 14-2, double ouch.

This is pretty much a must win game for Cincy if they even plan to stay in the AFCN crown hunt.

Every game is (a must win) to stay on top of Pitt.

Our schedule sucks, while they got a fucking cupcake.

[quote name='Quaker' date='11 November 2009 - 01:09 PM' timestamp='1257959352' post='825925']
I've tried to say this the past couple weeks.

Pitts last 7 games are all "winnable" (I'll consider them "easy") games for them.

After us,

- They play KC. Should any more need to be typed?

- Then Balt. A tougher game I admit, but the Steelers beat a "decent" Ravens team, not once, not twice, but 3 times last season. VERY hard to do. The last time the Ravens beat Pitt was the very last game of 2007, a game which didn't really mean anything at that point for Pitt, so that dosen't even really count. Pitt beat Balt in their matchup earlier that season.

- They play Oak, in Pitt.

- They play Cleveland.

- They play Green Bay.

- Baltimore again.

- They play Miami.

Maybe Balt is due for at least one win, maybe they can help us out and do us 2 favors, but I can't count on it, so..

Thats 7 straight possible wins, and I was worried about the Broncos and Bengals games as well, 9 straight wins? Ouch. 14-2, double ouch.

This is pretty much a must win game for Cincy if they even plan to stay in the AFCN crown hunt.

Every game is (a must win) to stay on top of Pitt.

Our schedule sucks, while they got a fucking cupcake.
[/quote]

We play 4 of the worst teams in the NFL in our final 7 games, so i wouldnt say our schedule sucks. But yes, the steelers is easier. But Baltimore will give them 2 tough games, and for all we know could even win both if things go right.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' date='11 November 2009 - 01:15 PM' timestamp='1257959706' post='825929']
We play 4 of the worst teams in the NFL in our final 7 games, so i wouldnt say our schedule sucks. But yes, the steelers is easier. But Baltimore will give them 2 tough games, and for all we know could even win both if things go right.
[/quote]

I do realize this as well, but I am cautious of those games also. They might be bad teams, but I do not like the circumstances around a number of them.

The teams you are referring to: Oak, Cle, KC, Det.

KC and Det are the 2 games out of the last 8 that I give this team more than a 50/50 shot at winning.

- They travel all the way out to Oak to play. They don't play out there very well in general, even if it is the Raiders.

The Eagles are a winning team this season, had to play @ Oak and lost. The Eagles travel once again to the west coast to play the Chargers this week, needless to say, I'm interested in the outcome of that game.

(Both the Bengals and the Eagles travel to play Oak and SD this season)

- I will never consider a Bengals/Browns game to be an "easy" game. It took OT to do it this season. I would rather face Quinn though, cause Anderson plays well against us.

Then there is Min, SD and the Jets.

- With San Diego, is the same story as Oak. Gotta go back to the west coast for this game. and SD is better than the Raiders. They currently have a winnig record and will playing for a potential playoff spot and we will be competing against them for a spot as well.

- Minny is tough. Solid D. Maybe Farve will give us a few gifts.

- Jets are a hit or miss team, could also be looking for a playoff spot and they might be playing for something as well, so the Bengals will have to be on their game to win here as well.

[quote name='Quaker' date='11 November 2009 - 01:33 PM' timestamp='1257960815' post='825942']
I do realize this as well, but I am cautious of those games also. They might be bad teams, but I do not like the circumstances around a number of them.

The teams you are referring to: Oak, Cle, KC, Det.

KC and Det are the 2 games out of the last 8 that I give this team more than a 50/50 shot at winning.

- They travel all the way out to Oak to play. They don't play out there very well in general, even if it is the Raiders.

The Eagles are a winning team this season, had to play @ Oak and lost. The Eagles travel once again to the west coast to play the Chargers this week, needless to say, I'm interested in the outcome of that game.

(Both the Bengals and the Eagles travel to play Oak and SD this season)

- I will never consider a Bengals/Browns game to be an "easy" game. It took OT to do it this season. I would rather face Quinn though, cause Anderson plays well against us.

Then there is Min, SD and the Jets.

- With San Diego, is the same story as Oak. Gotta go back to the west coast for this game. and SD is better than the Raiders. They currently have a winnig record and will playing for a potential playoff spot and we will be competing against them for a spot as well.

- Minny is tough. Solid D. Maybe Farve will give us a few gifts.

- Jets are a hit or miss team, could also be looking for a playoff spot and they might be playing for something as well, so the Bengals will have to be on their game to win here as well.
[/quote]

I understand that...but this isnt the same old bengals. We were 1-4-1 under marvin lewis after our bye week, yet we came out firing on all cylinders and beat the ravens. I have complete faith that we will sweep those 4 teams.

[quote name='Quaker' date='11 November 2009 - 01:33 PM' timestamp='1257960815' post='825942']

[/quote]

this team has never played on the west coast before, and this team is unlike any team we've ever had in the past. People need to stop thinking otherwise.

[quote name='Bunghole' date='11 November 2009 - 02:37 PM' timestamp='1257964621' post='826002']
I was making fun of the author of this piece of trash article! But I see what you mean...
[/quote]

I know...and I know you werent intending to make fun of autistic people or anything, im just saying you might wanna think twice about how things might appear to others.

[quote name='jrandom42' date='11 November 2009 - 02:17 PM' timestamp='1257967075' post='826025']
Not as tough as Eagles fans. I remember one year, they booed and snowballed Santa Claus. Talk about not caring if you're on the naughty or nice list!
[/quote]
I bet those nasty excuses for human existence don't even believe he's real!

Archived