Urban Meyer Stepping Down!!!!

Jason

[quote name='Bunghole' date='26 December 2009 - 10:39 PM' timestamp='1261877996' post='847590']
I think he just realizes that once Tim Tebow and his Tears Of Glory leave the program, he won't be able to replicate his "success", so he's concocting a reason to leave while at the height of his "powers", thereby preserving his "legacy".
[/quote]

I have to say I've had the same thought about this. It still amazes me that his gadget bullshit offense has worked for this long and so effectively but I guess the rings don't lie. Great news for the Buckeyes though.

My conspiracy theory is that the Jags are throwing an insane amount of money at Meyer behind closed doors and will also draft Tebow - all for the sake of trying to fill that stadium. Sometime before the Super Bowl, Meyer will mention that the condition wasn't nearly as bad as first thought and after consultation with his doctors as well as his family has decided to take over as coach of the Jags which will be called an opportunity of a lifetime. He will also stay on at Florida as a member of the board of directors or something.

I kind of lean in the direction of the NCAA violations surfacing...

And, I think he's gone. The school just asked him to modify his "I'm retiring" to "I'm taking a leave of absence and will probably be back by August" to keep their recruiting class...

I could see him announcing in mid-February or March that he is in fact, retiring. Right after the class has signed.

Archived