Chris Henry's Fiancee Speaks

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='05 January 2010 - 11:32 AM' timestamp='1262709176' post='852251']
oh lord [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif[/img]
[/quote]

You act like all Lawyers know all the laws, and are all experts.

I am not saying one way or another about Fred, but it is obvious
that he has hatred in his heart for Henry, and is very biased.

Also, if there was "no way" she could be blamed, then I would
think that the investigation would already be over, and she would
be cleared of any wrongdoing. It isn't, and she hasn't.

[quote name='oldschooler' date='05 January 2010 - 12:37 PM' timestamp='1262709471' post='852254']
You act like all Lawyers know all the laws, and are all experts.

I am not saying one way or another about Fred, but it is obvious
that he has hatred in his heart for Henry, and is very biased.

Also, if there was "no way" she could be blamed, then I would
think that the investigation would already be over, and she would
be cleared of any wrongdoing. It isn't, and she hasn't.
[/quote]

They know more about the law than the avg joe blow on an internet message board.

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='05 January 2010 - 11:40 AM' timestamp='1262709608' post='852255']
They know more about the law than the avg joe blow on an internet message board.
[/quote]

Well, I would fucking hope so.

But for all you know, Fred is the equivolent of Lionel Hutz.

[quote name='oldschooler' date='05 January 2010 - 09:45 AM' timestamp='1262709945' post='852263']
Well, I would fucking hope so.

[b]But for all you know, Fred is the equivolent of Lionel Hutz.[/b]
[/quote]

Goddammit, old.

I shot oatmeal out my nose...

This may sound harsh and cold...

But she has a vested interest in making herself look "less guilty" of any wrong-doing. Going on the record that he jumped out of the truck instead of "while I was going 35 or 40 and made the sharp left he was flung out of the truck" makes her look not as guilty on the surface.

Damage control.

[quote name='Elflocko' date='05 January 2010 - 11:55 AM' timestamp='1262710546' post='852273']
Goddammit, old.

I shot oatmeal out my nose...
[/quote]

You can have Fred sue Quaker. The oats guy, not the poster here.

[quote name='Jeb' date='05 January 2010 - 11:56 AM' timestamp='1262710605' post='852276']
Who's Lionel Hutz?
[/quote]

He was the lawyer (voice was Phil Hartman) on the Simpsons.

[media][url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZWFf9MyVXs"]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=SZWFf9MyVXs[/url][/media]

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' date='05 January 2010 - 01:02 PM' timestamp='1262710922' post='852277']

But she has a vested interest in making herself look "less guilty" of any wrong-doing. Going on the record that he jumped out of the truck instead of "while I was going 35 or 40 and made [b]the sharp left [/b]he was flung out of the truck" makes her look not as guilty on the surface.

Damage control.
[/quote]

I believe it was a right. :pooh_go: ;)

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' date='05 January 2010 - 01:02 PM' timestamp='1262710922' post='852277']

But she has a vested interest in making herself look "less guilty" of any wrong-doing. Going on the record that he jumped out of the truck instead of "while I was going 35 or 40 and made the sharp left he was flung out of the truck" makes her look not as guilty on the surface.

Damage control.
[/quote]

I suspect there was some infidelity going on whether real or perceived by either party. Nothing else explains the type of fight they had that day and no liquor was involved. If so, it would not be something she would want the police to discover. That would be bad news for her.

Also, her whole family is real religious and I would tend to believe this would be eating her up inside. No matter what part she had (no matter how small or large) in this incident. It wouldn't surprise me if she comes clean to the police and tells the whole story soon.

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='05 January 2010 - 01:03 PM' timestamp='1262711008' post='852279']
In all honesty I hope she isn't found guilty of anything, those kids already lost their father they shouldn't have to lose their mother too.
[/quote]

I agree with you... they had a fight. They both, quite probably, were acting on emotion and not thinking...

Nobody really is at fault. It just is. But, her lawyer is probably trying to get her painted in as good a light as possible.

[quote name='fredtoast' date='05 January 2010 - 11:20 AM' timestamp='1262708441' post='852240']
[b]This is like arguing that it is okay to let your kids play in the road because most people will stop for them. [/b] Henry was the one who was acting recklessly by standing up ion the back of a pick up truck, there is no way you can blame anyone but him.
[/quote]

Wow are you serious with that? It's more like arguing it's ok to run down the kids BECAUSE they are in the street. Let's say Henry was in the street in front of the car banging his cast on the hood of her car. You think it would be ok for her to just run him over because he has a cast and was yelling at her? She would be in jail right now. I am not saying Henry isn't to blame but she absolutely has some culpability here.

[quote name='oldschooler' date='05 January 2010 - 05:11 PM' timestamp='1262725902' post='852370']
No, he didn't.
[/quote]

I believe he was accused of breaking a window in a car and that wasn't even him that did it. It's amazing how stories get contorted over time.

[quote name='Jeb' date='05 January 2010 - 12:26 PM' timestamp='1262708818' post='852246']
...even better. Bring him on!
[/quote]

google "assumption of risk"

Henry voluntarily put himself in a very dangerous situation. Therefore he assumed the risk, and his fiance is not liable. My example of playing in the highway is right on point. Drivers are not responsible if they hit someone who voluntarily puts himself in harms way.

[quote name='fredtoast' date='05 January 2010 - 04:46 PM' timestamp='1262727985' post='852392']

Henry voluntarily put himself in a very dangerous situation. Therefore he assumed the risk, and his fiance is not liable. My example of playing in the highway is right on point. Drivers are not responsible if they hit someone who voluntarily puts himself in harms way.
[/quote]

Donte Stallworth was charged with Manslaughter, even though the guy he
hit didn't use a crosswalk to cross the street. Are you saying that guy
didn't know the risk?

And every time someone gets into a car, they are voluntarily putting themselves
in a dangerous situation.

Also, you are under the assumption that Henry KNEW that he put himself
in such a dangerous position, that he would be injured/killed. I don't think
he thought that at all. I don't think she thought that at all either.

[quote name='fredtoast' date='05 January 2010 - 05:46 PM' timestamp='1262727985' post='852392']

[/quote]

That is an assumption on your part. We don't know that Henry didn't think she would keep driving if he jumped in the back. He might have just as easily thought that she would do the right thing and stop the vehicle. We'll never know unless she tells the whole story.

[quote name='Jeb' date='05 January 2010 - 05:16 PM' timestamp='1262726210' post='852375']
I believe he was accused of breaking a window in a car and that wasn't even him that did it. It's amazing how stories get contorted over time.
[/quote]

Actually he went to trial on assault charges and some of the jurors thought he was guilty. However since there was not a unanimous verdict it was ruled a mistrial.

He was never convicted of the charges, but that does not prove he didn't do it.

[quote name='Jeb' date='05 January 2010 - 06:00 PM' timestamp='1262728828' post='852396']
That is an assumption on your part.
[/quote]

No it is not. It is illegal to ride unrestrained in the back of a pick up truck for the very reason that it is very dangerous. So the law already recognizes that this is not just an assumption.

[quote name='oldschooler' date='05 January 2010 - 05:55 PM' timestamp='1262728506' post='852394']
Donte Stallworth was charged with Manslaughter, even though the guy he
hit didn't use a crosswalk to cross the street. Are you saying that guy
didn't know the risk?

And every time someone gets into a car, they are voluntarily putting themselves
in a dangerous situation.
[/quote]

The theory of "assumption of risk" is the very reason Stallworth got such a light sentence.

As for getting into a car being dangerous that is why it is against the law to ride without a seatbelt. If a passenger is not wearing a seatbelt it can reduce the culpability of the driver for any injuries sustained.

[quote name='fredtoast' date='05 January 2010 - 06:00 PM' timestamp='1262728830' post='852397']
Actually he went to trial on assault charges and some of the jurors thought he was guilty. However since there was not a unanimous verdict it was ruled a mistrial.

He was never convicted of the charges, but that does not prove he didn't do it.
[/quote]

That incident was the turning point that caused the break up of him and his friends and that one of the friends didn't own up to breaking that window when he was the one that actually did it. Mike Brown talked about that incident and the good that came out of it.

Archived