!!!THE OFFICIAL 2ND AND 3RD ROUNDS OF THE 2010 NFL DRAFT THREAD!!!

[quote name='Jason' date='23 April 2010 - 09:37 PM' timestamp='1272073063' post='882371']
The number of commercials on NFL Network is now sickening.

Commercials or Boomer and Mel????

Hmmm. Tough choice.
[/quote]

I know....

They have shown no highlights or talked about the Bengals last two picks...

[quote name='mhfinks' date='23 April 2010 - 06:38 PM' timestamp='1272073135' post='882376']
i thought we would have looked secondary this last pick - i don't know who's left?
[/quote]

Might be a spot for OL...we have had a run on secondary of late, OL, not so much.

[quote name='akiliMVP' date='23 April 2010 - 09:37 PM' timestamp='1272073064' post='882372']
Yeah I don't think Simpson is either though. They are competing with each other would be my guess. [b]Can't see Cosby go he is a really good punt returner.[/b]
[/quote]

so is Shipley though. Just not so certain the Bengals keep a 5'11 and 5'9 WR on the team together.

I like Cosby, don't get me wrong. Also keep in mind he's 28. Older than both Jones and Simpson.

[quote name='MichaelWeston' date='23 April 2010 - 09:39 PM' timestamp='1272073162' post='882380']
Why do we keep talking about players being cut just because we draft someone. It really does not work that way. Shipley and Cosby have different skill sets.
[/quote]

Ummm...yes it does.

You draft a WR one falls off the back end....we just don't know who yet.

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='23 April 2010 - 09:40 PM' timestamp='1272073211' post='882384']
so is Shipley though. Just not so certain the Bengals keep a 5'11 and 5'9 WR on the team together.
[/quote]
Yeah but Cosby has done it in the NFL at an extremely high level.

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' date='23 April 2010 - 08:40 PM' timestamp='1272073215' post='882385']
Ummm...yes it does.

You draft a WR one falls off the back end....we just don't know who yet.
[/quote]

Not it does not. You have no idea what will happen from now until the time the season starts. IR, PUP signing other guys. Just no idea. To speculate that someone is gone just because you brought someone in is a bit premature. Its not a one in one out situation.

[quote name='akiliMVP' date='23 April 2010 - 09:39 PM' timestamp='1272073157' post='882379']
No freakin way.

Cosby is the first real good punt returner they've had in forever. Simpson hasn't done jack shit. Unless he absolutely tears it up this offseason I don't see any way Simpson makes the team.
[/quote]

Can't disagree about Simpson, but Marvin pretty much as said he doesn't give a rip about returners and he'd just assume have a statue back there if it can catch it. The better WR will win the spot.

[quote name='MichaelWeston' date='23 April 2010 - 09:42 PM' timestamp='1272073326' post='882390']
Not it does not. You have no idea what will happen from now until the time the season starts. IR, PUP signing other guys. Just no idea. To speculate that someone is gone just because you brought someone in is a bit premature. Its not a one in one out situation.
[/quote]

All those things you said is one WR not playing next year.......

You can not sit here and speculate some one getting hurt....

You draft a player because you are not happy with the quality or depth at that position.....or you just simply find someone better.....

If all our WR's get hurt...I am sure Simpson will be here...

[quote name='MichaelWeston' date='23 April 2010 - 09:39 PM' timestamp='1272073162' post='882380']
Why do we keep talking about players being cut just because we draft someone. It really does not work that way. Shipley and Cosby have different skill sets.
[/quote]

I ask the same question every year. But it's the nature of fans to do the old "out with the old...in with the new" stuff.

The more bodies the merrier: being drafted doesn't guarantee you a fucking thing (or at least it should not). Competition...earn it.

Just looked up the numbers on Cosby:

#1 in the NFL in punt returns
#1 in total return yards
#4 in the NFL yards per carry (minimum 25 attempts)

He is only going to get better folks. He is a weapon on special teams and I can't see anyway they cut him for a rookie.

[quote name='akiliMVP' date='23 April 2010 - 08:48 PM' timestamp='1272073728' post='882409']
Just looked up the numbers on Cosby:

#1 in the NFL in punt returns
#1 in total return yards
#4 in the NFL yards per carry (minimum 25 attempts)

He is only going to get better folks. He is a weapon on special teams and I can't see anyway they cut him for a rookie.
[/quote]

Plus he will get better at WR and he played with Shipley so there is some relationship there.

Archived