Quick FF question

Posting in this forum for maximum traffic in the next 30 minutes.

If you have the #1 pick in two leagues (as I do) would you go:

1. Chris Johnson
2. Chris Johnson
or
1. Chris Johnson
2. AP
or
1. AP
2. AP

I feel like I should diversify so that both my teams won't be fucked if the guy I take twice gets hurt...but if Vince Young is above average this year CJ could break records and I'd kick myself for passing on him just to cover bases.

Recommendations?

AP this year, I think is risky. He is playing in a gunslingers offense and they brought in a big RB in Toby Gearheart who could steal some goaline carries.

CJ is a one man wrecking ball. I would take CJ all-day, every-day.

I actually think they are pretty even. With AP, you get consistency. He's been top 5 each of the last 3 years. CJ looked amazing last year, but I think he's a little more risky because 1. he's only done it once, 2. he is more reliant on long TDs as opposed to short ones like AP (who had more TDs last year).

Personally, I'd diversify and go with 1 of each. If one gets injured, your season isn't totally ruined.

(You can always handcuff them late with Gerhart and Javon Ringer and you'd still probably have a good player.)

One more thing I'd add about the debate is in regard to Toby Gerhart. I didn't think he looked all that impressive in the preseason game I watched. There are also some reports that he isn't expected to have a huge role this year. In fact, for the first time ever, they are talking about keeping Peterson in on 3rd downs. I think that Gerhart as a rookie is a less talented player than Chester Taylor (as part-time guys) and that he will cut into Peterson's touches less.

If Peterson really is the 3rd down back, he could put up even bigger numbers than normal and he already has been putting up monster numbers.

My one argument in favor of CJ is that his numbers got better once Vince Young took over as starter. The running threat posed by Vince (on a fake handoff bootleg for example) forced opposing teams DEs to pay attention to VY and helped CJ a lot. He's got the whole year with VY so maybe he really does have a good chance of repeating the ridiculous season he had.

Titans OL/VY situation is a perfect storm for CJ. He's no linebuster, but when they give him that extra second or two he manages to accelerate past everyone.. he's gonna catch some passes as well. My only concern in FF with Johnson is that he won't get those 1st and goal at the 3 or closer opportunities. Titans really like Gado there after Lenwhale got shipped off...

12 person league, standard all around

Here are the results:

1. CJ
2. Benson
3. Wayne
4. M. Sims-Walker
5. R. Brown
6. F. Jones
7. J. Finley
8. R. Meachem
9. C. Palmer
10. D. Henderson
11. L. Murphy
12. CIN
13. G. Olson
14. J. Campbell
15. J. Ringer
16. K. Brown

Palmer and Benson were good values, the DEF might have been a reach.

I dunno what to expect, I met most of these people for the first time tonight.

Archived