Carson Mess: Take 2

Hell, I damn near got in a fight with a couple of guys for booing him at the Tampa game.

So those "couple guys" paid for their seats and they couldn't vent without some one trying to whoop their ass????

We are to stay seated and not clap or boo whenever the team does something right, or what we as fans find wrong....

You wanted to fight a couple dudes because they booed golden boy and they are the "uneducated idiots"???

[quote name='scharm' timestamp='1295986794' post='965557']
Carson can think what he wants. Anybody with an honest opinion of his play will note the decrease in his accuracy,these unexplainable floaters to the sidelines, and a decline in decision making.
[/quote]

I read somewhere that Carson had 6 interceptions returned for touchdowns this year and many of his 23 turnovers (20 picks, 3 lost fumbles) sealed Bengals' losses. His decision-making was consistently baffling. Matt Williamson from Scouts Inc. said that if they kept stats for near interceptions or dropped interceptions, Palmer would probably have led the league. For a player with his talent and experience, it's difficult to explain his struggles and lack of development.

[quote][size="5"][b]Commentary: Much like Samarie Walker, Bengals QB just wants out[/b][/size]

By Marc F. Pendleton, Staff Writer

9:47 PM Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The parallel story lines of Carson Palmer and Samarie Walker are worth noting.

Forget that they likely have never met and are involved in different sports. What links them is that they both said that they’ve had enough, and aren’t going to take it anymore.

Who in good conscience could blame Palmer for demanding a trade from the woeful Bengals? Of course he knows owner Mike Brown will not budge; that was just to entice other teams to at least inquire.

Besides, all the money in the world can’t fix the emotional scars of a rebuilt knee and an elbow/shoulder injury that continues to betray him. Save another NFL team on his beloved West Coast? Not from what I saw last season, which has nothing to do with management or wideouts.

How ironic is Palmer’s quest? Usually, it’s the other way around; a team over-signs a star player who miserably tanks in production as the years tick away. Fill in your favorite former Reds players for those examples.

Walker, the Chaminade Julienne High School basketball standout, may well have played on four national title teams at the University of Connecticut. All she had to do was endure coach Geno Auriemma, a mixture of Vince Lombardi and Bob Knight in their most demanding — and successful — eras.

There’s something to be said for honoring a contract, whether it’s for money or an education. But there are options, and Palmer and Walker came to the same conclusion.

They both just said no.

Contact this reporter at (937) 225-2381 or mpendleton@DaytonDailyNews.com.[/quote]

http://www.daytondailynews.com/dayton-sports/cincinnati-bengals/commentary-much-like-samarie-walker-bengals-qb-just-wants-out-1064139.html

Yeh I'm 100% with Carson on this one. Talk about "Be careful what you wish for." A lot of the same people who were yelling the loudest to trade him during the season are the same people on here bashing him for asking to be traded.

Mike Brown may not know football, but he sure knows comedy!

[quote name='Stevie Richards' timestamp='1296005565' post='965666']
Hell, I damn near got in a fight with a couple of guys for booing him at the Tampa game.

So those "couple guys" paid for their seats and they couldn't vent without some one trying to whoop their ass????

We are to stay seated and not clap or boo whenever the team does something right, or what we as fans find wrong....

You wanted to fight a couple dudes because they booed golden boy and they are the "uneducated idiots"???
[/quote]

I was at that game and everyone on offense deserved to get booed to include Carson. He sucked that game. Missed open receivers, overthrew open receivers, pick 6, 3 ints, 30 plus pass attempts for 200 measily yards. O line had 5 or 6 penalties to the first few drives, it was terrible.

[quote name='Stevie Richards' timestamp='1296005565' post='965666']

[/quote]

They were assholes, you know, kinda like yourself.

Heck yeah I think this has to do with Marvin - Marvin is supposed to be the team disciplinarian and part of the reason Palmer wants to leave is the Bengals locker room is a damn circus side show with Batman and Robin and whatever crap of the day they have going on.

And failure to get rid of Bratkowski? Just more proof that it's a hopeless situation that isn't going to change. What the hell do these buffoons have to do to get fired? What aspect of ineptitude and incompetence have they left unaddressed?

Archived