My 3 round mock v1

Jamie_B

If Carson Stays, and Chad stays

1. Bowers (Quinn if Bowers is off the board.)
2. Wisnewski
3. DeAndre McDaniel

If Carson Leaves and Chad stays

1. Bowers (Quinn if Bowers is off the board.)
2. Ryan Mallet
3. Orlando Franklin

If Carson stays and Chad leaves
1. AJ Green
2. Wisnewski
3. DeAndre McDaniel

outside of maybe Mallett, I don't have a problem with anyone you've taken.

My only caveat is that they may go with a more versatile OLinemen. Wisnieswki can play LG and C, but typically the Bengals like guards who can also play tackle. Or rather, tackles that can also play guard.

McDaniel won't last that long though IMO, he's considered one of, if not the top, safeties in the draft.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1297797929' post='970685']

My only caveat is that they may go with a more versatile OLinemen. Wisnieswki can play LG and C, but typically the Bengals like guards who can also play tackle. Or rather, tackles that can also play guard.

McDaniel won't last that long though IMO, he's considered one of, if not the top, safeties in the draft.
[/quote]

Walter Football has McDaniel going to us in 4.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1297797929' post='970685']

[b]My only caveat is that they may go with a more versatile OLinemen. Wisnieswki can play LG and C, but typically the Bengals like guards who can also play tackle. Or rather, tackles that can also play guard.
[/b]

[/quote]

Honestly, that is where I think we fuck up...

Get a fucking G that can play G well and a fucking C that can play C well!

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' timestamp='1297799700' post='970695']
Honestly, that is where I think we fuck up...

Get a fucking G that can play G well and a fucking C that can play C well!
[/quote]

I don't think they've fucked up in that respect. Whitworth, Collins, and Kooistra all fall under that category.

IMO where they've fucked up is the willingness to play certain guys.

[quote name='akiliMVP' timestamp='1297819007' post='970765']
I really really really dislike Mallet.

Huge character concerns, attitude concerns, accuracy/decision making concerns. He can't be trusted.
[/quote]
If both were both there in round 2 between Cam and Ryan who would you take? (Huge stretch, I know).

I'm starting to warm up to the idea of Cam. No way at #4 but if it were in the mid first I'd unload a nut.

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1297822591' post='970786']
If both were both there in round 2 between Cam and Ryan who would you take? (Huge stretch, I know).

I'm starting to warm up to the idea of Cam. No way at #4 but if it were in the mid first I'd unload a nut.
[/quote]

The only way I would consider Cam is if we acquire another QB to start for a year or 2 (or convince Carson to stay a year while Cam learns).

The thought of him starting as a rookie scares me to death.

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1297822591' post='970786']

[/quote]
Newton. He has issues of his own but none as bad as Mallet.

[quote name='akiliMVP' timestamp='1297825125' post='970794']
Newton. He has issues of his own but none as bad as Mallet.
[/quote]
I'm under the assumption that he would fit into the WCO fairly well, wouldn't he? Pretty good accuracy, especially while moving. This bodes well for bootlegs, some screens, and for any play that breaks down.

I don't think he would make a huge impact year one, but he is a bigger, much better option than Dan LeFevour is.

Andrew Luck would be da bomb in our WCO. *dreams*

Archived