2011 Reds Gameday Thread!

JBandJoeyV

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1305344858' post='992619']
Hello Nick Masset. Just imagine if Aroldis was on. This bullpen would be nasty. Bray is throwing well. Ondrusek is doing well. Coco is well. Masset is lights out. Now if we can just JB to turn it on..we are money.
[/quote]

You are way too hard on bruce... He's leading the team in hr and 2nd in rbi. he had a rough start but has been playing very well the past few weeks.

[quote name='gatorclaws' timestamp='1305376133' post='992634']
You are way too hard on bruce... He's leading the team in hr and 2nd in rbi. he had a rough start but has been playing very well the past few weeks.
[/quote]
Right now, he has more strikeouts than he has hits, and it's due to swinging at stupid pitches and getting into pitcher counts. He could be leading the team in RBI's if he has more plate discipline. He played really well last June and August, all-star level good. I guess that's what I expect out of the guy, not Gomes-like plate appearances.

Essentially, his numbers don't look terrible. He can easily get those numbers up with a hot streak, but i've seen some downright ugly plate appearance. Swinging at a ball in the dirt on 0-1, putting himself into a real hole on the next pitch. The organization just really needs him to get better at that, because he could swing at a .280 clip I feel and be Joey's real protection in the line-up.

I think the issue with Bruce is expectations... he's not playing to his potential and that gets everyone frustrated but overall he's doing pretty good I think. Bruce started rough but look at his may vs april splits... he has improved a lot from that ugly stretch.

He's pretty much even with Stubbs right now and light years beyond Gomes, while all 3 have more K's than hits.

Comon Reds!! Here's to hoping for no rain delays. [url="http://www.wunderground.com/radar/radblast.asp?ID=ILN&lat=39.15845871&lon=-84.59459686&label=Cincinnati%2C+OH&type=N0R&zoommode=pan&map.x=400&map.y=240&centerx=400&centery=240&prevzoom=zoom&num=10&delay=15&scale=1&showlabels=1&smooth=0&noclutter=0&showstorms=99&rainsnow=1&lightning=1&remembersettings=on&setprefs.0.key=RADNUM&setprefs.0.val=10&setprefs.1.key=RADSPD&setprefs.1.val=15&setprefs.2.key=RADC&setprefs.2.val=0&setprefs.3.key=RADSTM&setprefs.3.val=99&setprefs.4.key=SLABS&setprefs.4.val=1&setprefs.5.key=RADRMS&setprefs.5.val=1&setprefs.6.key=RADLIT&setprefs.6.val=1&setprefs.7.key=RADSMO&setprefs.7.val=0"]Wunderground[/url] doesn't show any lightning and the rain isn't supposed to get very heavy.

BTW (for those don't know, wunderground fucking rocks, and is awesome for planning around precip).

[quote name='Lucid' timestamp='1305406296' post='992687']
Huh? I don't follow at all.
[/quote]
Stubbs got picked off at the bottom of the first after he got on with a single, which was the third out while Brandon was up in a 1-2 count I believe. Brandon came up and hit a homerun in the bottom of the second. So essentially, it worked out for us.

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1305407323' post='992691']
Stubbs got picked off at the bottom of the first after he got on with a single, which was the third out while Brandon was up in a 1-2 count I believe. Brandon came up and hit a homerun in the bottom of the second. So essentially, it worked out for us.
[/quote]

Got ya.. I am listening to it at work, and missed that situation.

[quote name='Lucid' timestamp='1305410051' post='992694']
I missed it... What do you mean?
[/quote]
Cueto had a sweet backhanded play on a comebacker by Pujols. It was a bouncer away from Cueto's body and he threw his glove at it and snatched it. It will be on the top plays and web gyms tonight. It was awesome.

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1305410537' post='992695']
Cueto had a sweet backhanded play on a comebacker by Pujols. It was a bouncer away from Cueto's body and he threw his glove at it and snatched it. It will be on the top plays and web gyms tonight. It was awesome.
[/quote]

Cool, thanks!

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1305374458' post='992632']
Big win!

Love to see them fight back like that. Although [b]I'd much rather they just dominate them from
beginning to end[/b]. But I'll take it! It does make for some excitement.
[/quote]

Ask and you shall receive.

Anyone else think it's funny that tomorrow's pitching match up is Carpenter and Wood?

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1305416819' post='992703']
Ask and you shall receive.

Anyone else think it's funny that tomorrow's pitching match up is Carpenter and Wood?
[/quote]

I hope Johnny Cueto kicks Carpenter in the face with his spikes.

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1305483533' post='992774']
Lewis>>>>>>>>>>>>Gomes

Hernadez>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Everybody!
[/quote]

I don't know why, but I love saying his name... It's great if you say it like a super cheesy Mexican commercial narrator.. With ridiculously rolling R's and "con mucho gusto!"

Archived